• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Lion's Share)

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim makes small talk on the way over probing Lana for anything useful about the camp... any new people showing up... any recent developments... anything not related to the camp... and if that seems uncomfortable will switch to telling tales from his college years...

OOC: using Gather Information +8, along with Bluff +10 as needed... try to seem charming... inquisitive and just well friendly all at once...

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Everything about the Lion's Share screams ''tourist''. It's the only restaurant in Binga catering to the safari crowd and it's milking that cow for all it's worth. There even is a souvenir shop near the entrance! Your host is wearing the stereotypical colonial outfit complete with the round white hat and the 19th century style curvy mustache. The restaurant itself is filled with savanna animal trophies including of course lions, zebras and elephants. But while the restaurant feel anything but authentic, the food is genuinely good.

Lana seems to find humor in the tackiness of the place and order a zebra's ribs.

-''Of course these are anything but. You just don't eat zebra on a commercial basis. Everything here is for show. But it's fun and it's good so who cares.''

She is more relaxed and seems to be enjoying herself. She still seems a little wary of Kim, though. The first impression isn't completely dissipated yet. But apparently the chance to get a meal outside the canteen was the more appealing prospect, so she took it.

[OOC: Gather info; 20. You get the answers to your questions in the course of the evening. Normally you get only one answer for one check, but given the circumstances (you spent the whole time with the same subject) I'll let you ask 2 questions.

If you spend an AD I'll try to come up with a suitable amount of information that you didn't ask about but that is related to your questions. Or I could answer 2 more questions if you wish.

But you must ask me some specific questions. The successful check means that you managed to coax the desired information out of the target without her noticing you were looking for that particular bit of info. But what did you desire to coax out? You can't just make the check and require the GC to spill the bean; work for it! ;)

Bluff; 5 + 11 - 2 (that first impression) ; 14

This represents how well you mange to maintain your cover during the supper.

Sense Motive; 11 + 7; 18

You believe that she doesn't suspect anything about you, at least as far as your mission is concerned. She still has suspicion about you concerning that famous first impression.

PS; You can take all the time you need to come up with your questions! Luddite is out until late sunday and Roman hasn't posted in a while (I e-mailed him). If we rush through the restaurant, you'll end up so far ahead of everyone else that you'll have to pause anyway.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim relaxes somewhat during the conversation and smiles to Lana...

"This place isn't half bad... a little touristy for my tastes but definitely good. I figured it is the least I can do for that horrible first impression I gave earlier today. Not one of my better moments, and I would like to apologize for that. Just…”

Kim sighs and takes off his glasses and rubs his temples…

“The last few months I have spent doing field work for my thesis and well I really hadn’t taken much time to relax I suppose; I was a little star struck when I saw you in the office and just blurted the first thing that came to mind. Needless to say I can still taste my shoelaces from the blunder that caused. I really hate sticking my foot in my mouth… anyway I just wanted to apologize for that, I can tell you are a little wary of that first impression.”

Kim smirks… and places his glasses back on.

“I got a sixth sense about people… one of my gifts. Not too useful but it comes in handy every now and then…”

OOC: Going to wait and see what questions to ask for now just make small talk until I come up with those two questions I am all out of Action Dice I believe so I won’t spend any… basically mend the bridges he has already broken…

Game Control

First Post
[OOC: Fine. But I just want to make sure we understand each other; these two questions are going to be asked OOC to me.

If you want to bluntly ask Lana questions IC, you have the time for as many as you wish. But in that case she might of course realize that these specific questions aren't part of a casual conversation and start having a few questions of her own.

Finally, your apology about your earlier behavior was a good idea and reasonably well executed. Since I haven't given an AD in a while, I'll take this occasion to grant one; One AD for Kim! (Can't use it on the Gath Info check, you got it after)]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim smiles and continues...

"So tell me just what got you started in all of this?"

Kim takes off his glasses and folds them and places them on the table...

"For me... it was well at first something to do... but now... I feel that well i guess maybe somewhere along the line I might make a difference you know? Do something for more then myself. That is what my thesis is on, what we do as a society to help the world... kind of lofty I know... I guess I am an optimist at heart..."

Game Control

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"So tell me just what got you started in all of this?"

She makes a self deprecating grin.

-''To put it bluntly, I'm rich. I don't need to work for a living!''

She chuckles softly.

-''Back in university I was studying law and I met this fiery activist who was some sort of modern warrior prince. He was handsome, passionate and fighting the evil of globalizations. He was part of all the big fights. Just the kind of guy to capture the heart of a naive romantic girl. I fell head over heel in love with him. But he scorned me; to him I was just a spoiled brat.

So, of course, I tried to prove him wrong. I got involved too. I tried to save the world just so my prince would love me.

Seven years later, I'm in charge of the administration of a MSF camp while my charming prince is a high priced lawyer specialized in defending the Hell's Angels, a criminal biker gang that dominates Montreal's drug market.

*shrug*

Life if filled with little heartbreaks.''

[OOC: So I'm assuming this was not one of your two questions, hmm? ;)

Sense Motive; 9 + 7, she states her story matter of factly. You believe that any hint of pity in reaction to it, even if it's just perceived as such by her, could backlash harshly.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim takes a bite of his food swallows and then continues...

"Mmmmm... This is some good 'zebra', just like mom used to make," he chuckles, "the food here is pretty tasty. I bet it is a nice change of pace to the cafeteria. I know some of the cafeteria's I have been too the food is just a hair above edible..."

Kim smiles and takes a sip of some wine... he then pours some more wine for Lana, as he starts to pour on the charm...

"Anyway, this is some good stuff," smiles, "best food I had in a while. I get tired of the cafeteria's and chow halls as well, you know? Just want something that tastes good. Though the lovely company helps the ambience as well; nothing like fine wine, good food, and a beautiful woman to make a great meal."

Kim smiles roguishly, and sets his fork down...

"Just can't help it... you are definitely captivating."

OOC: Hmm my Questions... What can you tell me about Dr. Gournay? and Who does Dr. Gournay associate with inside and outside of the Camp? and those are my questions while he butters her up...

Game Control

First Post
[OOC:

1-'What can you tell me about Dr Gournay'' is not specific enough. Please reformulate it.

2-Gournay is a bit of a snob and doesn't have a close relationship with anyone in the camp but still has plenty of buddies. The only close relationships he seems to entertain are those with very old friends. He often visits them and occasionally they visit him. There was one such friend no later than yesterday, as a matter of fact.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Game Control said:
[OOC:

1-'What can you tell me about Dr Gournay'' is not specific enough. Please reformulate it.

2-Gournay is a bit of a snob and doesn't have a close relationship with anyone in the camp but still has plenty of buddies. The only close relationships he seems to entertain are those with very old friends. He often visits them and occasionally they visit him. There was one such friend no later than yesterday, as a matter of fact.]

OOC: 1-Who was the friend that showed up...? consider this the second question then

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
[OOC: She doesn't really know, nor paid much attention. All that you extract from her is that it was ''an american with a german souding name''. ]

Last edited:

Remove ads