• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Lion's Share)

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim continues to chat the evening away... speaking on a avriety of topics... from politics... to Africa... the weather... Lana's looks and whatever else strikes her fancy...

"So where to from here?"

Kim takes another sip of wine....

"Back to the camp or a liesurely drive aound the area... you name it..."

Smiles... as he attmepts to close the 'deal'...

OOC: Well that was not too fruitful but helpful... continue on with the seduction... Bluff +10 you know the deal and all that. If he can he will take 10... if not well we shall see how it goes.

Game Control

First Post
Lana gives Kim a friendly smiles.

-''This was a charming evening, and I thank you sincerely for it. Now I have to go back to work. You saw the mess in my office; it's not gonna straighten itself out.''

[OOC: You already made your bluff check for this encounter.

Concerning the ''deal''; surprisingly close given the circumstances, but no cigar. Possibly a better skill check for this encounter would have done the job. Mind you, the serial isn't over so there is still hope. She seems to have gotten over her disastrous first impression of Kim, at least.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim pays for the meal and leaves behind a healthy tip...

"Well lets get back so you can clean up... don't want to keep you from the work at hand. All fun and no work.. makes for a... a... good time?" he says questioningly with a smile.

Kim opens the door for Lana then walks over and hops in the driver seat and starts to drive back to the camp. he grabs his cell and hits Luddite up on the speed dial.

"Hey Proffesor... this is Gilligan... just calling to let you know we are on our way back buddy... not trying to disturb you... just giving you a heads up. I know how you worry," he says mockingly.

Kim glances to Lana while he is on the phone...

"So what is the plan for tommorow? I mean what can I expect from a normal day at the MSF? Also any chance I can look through your notes on the current TB situation? I have a few ideas that might help but I need some hard data..."

Kim keeps the jeep steady... and whistles a tune...

"That reminds me..."

Kim fumbles for a CD and finally pops in some techno music to drive to...(John Digweed "Global Underground 14" for those in the know...)

"There we go... much better... nothing like some vibrant rythymns to wind down the evening..."

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim turns his attention fully to Lana as he drives... hanging up the cell and slipping it into his jacket.

"Just about there... that Professor all business till it comes a comes to a game of poker... him and all his colleagues go gonzo over that game... I say if you are going to gamble... play a man's game... like Blackjack..."

He laughs charmingly...

"So any chance we could time for another dinner... or maybe a tour around? I really would love to work on my French... I feel embarrassed that I spent a summer in Montreal and know as little as I do... call it a pride thing..."

Kim glances over to her with a winsome smile...

"Or a slightly veiled attempt to have your company once more," he smiles as he pulls into the MSF...

Game Control

First Post
Lana shrugs.

-''Poker is a lesser evil if you ask me. It can even be quite fun. Maybe I'll join them. Anyway, that was a nice evening. Yeah, maybe we could do that again before you leave.''

At the mention of Montreal, she cheers up, as she did during Kim's first conversation with her.

-''Yes, that's right; you said you worked in Montreal. You never got around telling me where you were working?

She looks eager for some small talk.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim pulls in and parks... and lets the music run...

"Well that was like... man... 6 years ago... like a distant dream... 19 had my first year of college done... my first year in the United States... UCLA was a lot of fun... a good place to start...."

Kim glances to Lana looking somewhat nostalgic...

"Like I said I went to Montreal to stay with relatives for the summer. My uncle runs a small Korean restaraunt there downtown. Good place to go for some real authentic Korean cooking. Bulgogi.... kimbop... soju... just about anything, it was a blast. I spent most of the summer working with them and doing some..."

Kim laughs... outloud somewhat embarrassed...

"I did some model work for a few magazines and advertisements back home in Seoul. Nothing big an ad here and there. Or a catalog but it was something extra to pay the bills, easy money, just look cool and smile. I don't talk about it too much, people have this notion that male models are not too manly..."

Kim chuckles...

"But like I said after 6 years... college... and all the traveling... it seems like a blur, a good blur but a blur nonetheless, I can recall I had alot of fun... and didn't learn as much French as I would have liked... that is why I want to go back, visit Uncle Han and just well expereince what Montreal has to offer once more. Kind of funny I met you... being from Montreal and all... small world huh?"

Game Control

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"Like I said I went to Montreal to stay with relatives for the summer. My uncle runs a small Korean restaraunt there downtown. Good place to go for some real authentic Korean cooking. Bulgogi.... kimbop... soju... just about anything, it was a blast. I spent most of the summer working with them and doing some..." [/B]

Lana smiles incredulously.

-''You can't remember your uncle's restaurant's name?''

She frowns and concentrates, as someone trying to extract obscure information from her memory. Then she

-''Hmm, the only Korean Restaurant in Downtown that I know of is called Manna. The food was really something! But Manna doesn't sounds much like Bulgogiwhatever, so it's probably not it. Can you remember the streets where your uncle's restaurant was located? Or any sort kind of details like neighboring club, pub, shops etc.? If you can help me a little, I'm pretty sure I can locate it. Maybe I could try it out next month when I'm going home. Me and my friends love to tour Montreal's restaurant!''

[OOC: Luckily, you have only one last opportunity to shove your foot in your mouth ;) After your next answer to Lana's query, you'll have reached the camp.]

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim laughs... and takes a moment to relax...

"Simply Han's Hanguk Restaraunt... a real old style place... street names... god I can't even recall the street the Lodge is on let alone a street name from six years ago..."

Kim smirks as he sees the MSF in sight...

"Tell you what... look it up when you get back to Montreal..." chuckles... "I wish I could be more helpful."

Kim keeps his cool...

"Anyway I think it would be great for you to join us for some poker... not my game I will admit but I am always up for a little recreation. Play as hard as you work I say. Never forget the self, even when you give of yourself selflessly..."

Kim smirks... and laughs at himself...

"That was just too cheesy for words... must be the wine..."

Game Control

First Post
You finally arrive in the camp that is just as busy in the evening as in the afternoon.

-''We're here. I think it's time for the lab tour. Let's go find the professor.''

[OOC: That's it for this thread. Let's move back to the MSF thread. You can post a last comment here to Lana if you wish but otherwise this thread is closed.]

Remove ads