Spycraft new OOC thread

Luddite

First Post
RE: Intrusion and Recon

I think Kim might be able to create a decent commotion out side. His bluff is high enough. The problem with climbing up is that people are all over the place. Someone could see you. But would that someone tell the people inside?

However, assuming that the roof is 60 feet or less you can get to the top in one round with a Climb check of DC 15 ( 5 base, +10 foor a double move) Or two rounds at a DC 10.

The trick is keeping the passage between buildings clear or unobserved for about 15 seconds. This should be doable.

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Moving at double speed; it seems damn risky; 2 check at +10, fail one and you fall down!

This is a brick wall; DC 25

Ladders can be found in the area.

Jumping from the roof of one warehouse to the other; 15 feet. That's a DC 20 for someone who moves at 30.

Light conditions; We're in the late evening, it's pushing 8 PM: It is dusk. There is a lots of shadows in the alleys but since the sun sets in the west, the front of the warehouse is still well lit.

Yes, there are debris available in the back alley to make the area ''hazardous''.

Ronin spent 21 bullets in the shoot out, 9 left in the clip + whatever spare he has.

Did I forget something?

Luddite

First Post
Aah... I was assume that there we would have been able to get a rope up so i was using the "Rope with wall to brace against."

A distraction and sneaking in the front may be easier.

-Luddite

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
Has anyone seen Changing Lanes? An excellent movie. Anyway, in the movie, this hacker turns off the guy's credit cards, bank accounts, everything. Can Luddite do that? Because if we can "turn off" Gournay or Balladur, they'll be stuck and easy targets.

Game Control said:
Moving at double speed; it seems damn risky; 2 check at +10, fail one and you fall down!

This is a brick wall; DC 25

Ladders can be found in the area.

Jumping from the roof of one warehouse to the other; 15 feet. That's a DC 20 for someone who moves at 30.

Light conditions; We're in the late evening, it's pushing 8 PM: It is dusk. There is a lots of shadows in the alleys but since the sun sets in the west, the front of the warehouse is still well lit.

Did I forget something?
Hmmm... I guess the cinematic options aren't appropriate now - using grappling hooks, ropes, walking on the beams above the warehouse, etc.

Given the odds, jumping across buildings and doing the double move while climbing are not good ideas. I want to minimize the number of risky rolls that I have to make.

The ladders might help but there isn't even a guarantee that there will be skylights or any other points of entry from the roof.

Best bet right now is to stick to the shadows and find an easier way to enter the building. Under the docks? The sewers maybe?

Suggestions?

Remove ads