Spycraft new OOC thread

Tokiwong

First Post
Codename: GhostFox said:
Let's hope the team lasts that long, Luddite.

Aye - there's the rub. GC has awarded action points for cleverness, style and daring.

I'm sure the GC feels a bit frustrated as well that the team (or some of it's members anyhoo) are more reactive than
PRO-ACTIVE

Upon more reflection I know, sure I have treaded the more cautious path (I can get into the maaany reasons why but I digress) and apparently that's not the way to go.

Carpe diem! Sieze opportunity by the throat and plant a dirty kick where it hurts!

Hopefully, by being daring and taking initiative the GC and the die roll gods don't leave us twisting in the wind.

I have always been active... just not a planner type... :D

Last edited:

I am playing with far more sophisticated gamers than I so I blew my chance to kickstart the Binga thread into action. GhostFox rubbed people the wrong way trying to go off in another direction with the Razzberries and Melons speech - well tough cookies.

I can do planning and I can do action - preferably with a good head planted on the shoulders so we don't end up with things blowing up in our face ... but if things are going to blow up anyway then if action is the way to go then so be it.

Game Control

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Taking the Steam Train

Thanks for spreading the hurt, GC. But it seems like that the vitriol was being directed to GhostFox I just don't want to be scape goat IC or OOC for this impending SNAFU.

Point taken. As a matter of fact, I usually edit these kind of post several time until I feel it properly convey my meaning and can't be interpreted as hostile, or incisive or... vitriolic.

But there was suddenly a flurry of post on this thread and I couldn't double check my post as well as I usually try to.

I'm sorry and hope you don't take anything I wrote personally.

Once the heat of the coming fight dies down, we will all have a discussion about what is expected of each of us and we'll try to all make the necessary adjustments. I bear my share of blame for any misconception affecting the enjoyment of the game.

Luddite

First Post
Well. It looks like it has begun.

You get one chance to make a realy convincing bluff attempt, to pass our papers off. Other wise we need to strike. Problem is, that my gun is in the Jeep. And that I have the worse combat ablities in the group.

Oh what the hell....

-Luddite

Surveilling a barrack and taking photo is indeed very pedestrian. But think back; did I ask you to do this?

Nope... at the time, my thought process was more along the lines of take a quick look to see what is to be seen then take a moment to see how best to inflitrate/approach/or attack the compound. But we dropped the ball...

I also assumed it was daytime, and decided to wait until till night time and see if the other thread yielded a more fruitful result.

An night recon, b&e or attack might have been in the works but like I said... dropped the ball.

Once the heat of the coming fight dies down, we will all have a discussion about what is expected of each of us and we'll try to all make the necessary adjustments.

Again, the lesson learned is to voice out these thoughts (and the thoughts of the rest of the team) in the OOC channels so they can be kneaded and molded into a coherent plan of action.

Another lesson learned for me anyways, make less suggestions and take more initiative. I am a big fan of consensus and waited till the team agreed on a common plan - none came forth. I was unsure of how to approach the team earlier on but if I hope taking action means I don't step on any one's toes. I certainly don't have a monopoly on planning and no one needs to listen to me - but I try. Luddite has a good head for planning and we're all the better for it.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Luddite has a good head for planning and we're all the better for it.

Praise be to Allah!!!

sorry just the only thing I could think of for agreeance... yes I know I am strange...

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post

Again, the lesson learned is to voice out these thoughts (and the thoughts of the rest of the team) in the OOC channels so they can be kneaded and molded into a coherent plan of action.

Another lesson learned for me anyways, make less suggestions and take more initiative. I am a big fan of consensus and waited till the team agreed on a common plan - none came forth. I was unsure of how to approach the team earlier on but if I hope taking action means I don't step on any one's toes. I certainly don't have a monopoly on planning and no one needs to listen to me - but I try. Luddite has a good head for planning and we're all the better for it.

Ahh this is my problem as well. I hate to make decissions with out some consensus. This is all a learning experieince. We are getting to know each other as we know our characters.

BTW. My though is that If we take the guards quickly we can then "confess" to Lana a bit about our mission. With the spin that we are here to do what we can for the TB epedemic. We may not be the Red Cross, but we want to find out what is at the bottom of all this as well.

-Luddite

Remove ads