Spycraft serial 1: Gearing up phase

Luddite

First Post
Final Equpiment

Unless there is any objections I suggest the following for the remaining Budget.

Standard :

- Night Vison Goggles (8) : For who ever will be sneaking around at Night/Darkness
- Parabolic Microphone (5) : More surveillance tools is good
- Handcufs (1) : I don't think I saw any one with these.

That leaves 2 Mission Budget Points.

Gadgets :
- Remote Control for Jeep (1)
- Improved Handling for Jeep (1) (same)
- Tie Camera (1)

Leaving one more GP

-Luddite

Luddite

First Post
Re: Hacking for Info

OOC: Computer Check +12*(19-20) 1/- O
This should mean: Make a Computer Check, activate a threat to a critical if I make it, otherwise just spend an action die (2d4 in this case for a INT skill) to get as high as roll as possilbe.

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC: Luddites Hacking results

1-Getting up to speed on TB

Gather Information (conducted with computer skill);
Ro 6 + 12 = 18 , DC 10
You'll get +4 to any check where knowledge of TB is an issue. (+2 for beating 10, +2 for every 5 points by which you beat the DC)

2-CDC
Ro. 7 + 12 = 19 , DC 28
A bust. You learn nothing from the legal side and can't crack in.
Took you 20 minutes, you could try again later since you weren't detected.

(Without clear directive, I assumed that missing by 9 was too much for you to want to spend an action die. It might be wasted)

3-WHO
Ro. 12 + 12 = 24 DC 25
Action die adds +10
Your trek through the WHO HQ computer system proves most interesting.

A certain Mr. Fuller met with Alexandre Beaujolais, head of the statistic departments over at WHO. These guys play a large role when the organization prepares a field report. Curiously, it seems that the next WHO report on Africa will downplay the brewing TB crisis by shifting its emphasis on AIDS. You got that by looking at the department notes and using your new found TB knowledge (rolled a 20 anyway!).

This would all go in the ''Take care of this later'' folder if it wasn’t for one more tidbit; Alexandre Beaujolais entertains a friendly correspondence with Antoine Gournay, a senior doctor at the Medecin Sans Frontière base camp in Binga. Ain't that interesting?

Sifting through their e-mails proves a boring read, however. Mostly old friends keeping in touch.

Game Control

First Post
Re: Re: Hacking for Info

Luddite said:
OOC: Computer Check +12*(19-20) 1/- O
This should mean: Make a Computer Check, activate a threat to a critical if I make it, otherwise just spend an action die (2d4 in this case for a INT skill) to get as high as roll as possilbe.

OOC: Crap! There you go again posting things while I'm writing my own post.

Had I seen that, I'd have used one of your action die for CDC.

As you can see, you've spent an action die to get into WHO. Given what I've already wrote, do you want to spend one for CDC as well?

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Hacking for Info

Game Control said:

OOC: Crap! There you go again posting things while I'm writing my own post.

Had I seen that, I'd have used one of your action die for CDC.

As you can see, you've spent an action die to get into WHO. Given what I've already wrote, do you want to spend one for CDC as well?

OOC:
Why not, I can get more action dice later. :D I will spend my remaining two to get into the CDC if needed.

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
OOC:

Well what do you know, another frigging 10 on your action die. You do get in the CDC system after all. You still have one AD left.

However this seem be a waste of time. No trace of Fuller/Balladur. No appointment, didn't show up on security camera, no register showing that his rental car was in the CDC parking. Total blank.

TB wise, tough, they seem to be doing the same thing as WHO; understating the problem. They too are putting forth statistics indicating the problem is less severe than previously tought.

There might be something more you wish to explore while you are cracking into CDC's system. Anything else you want to know? Any lead or hunch you'd like to explore?

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:
OOC:

TB wise, tough, they seem to be doing the same thing as WHO; understating the problem. They too are putting forth statistics indicating the problem is less severe than previously tought.

There might be something more you wish to explore while you are cracking into CDC's system. Anything else you want to know? Any lead or hunch you'd like to explore?

OOC:

Well lets do some random walking. Between the WHO and CDC look for anything "interesting" on the following topics.

Other cases/outbreaks of Uncureable TB
Carlos the Jackal
Antoine Gournay
Alexandre Beaujolais (any trips to the CDC by him?)
Medecin Sans Frontière
Captian N'gambe
President Mugabe

Where there any recent "Donations" to projects that Dr. Beaujoulais or Dr. Gournay work on?

Has President Mugabe or other Offical made a plea to the WHO or CDC?

If I don't stumble accross anything now, I try to leave little trace and get some info so i can have an easier time coming back here should I want to in the near future.

Also I would like to see what is near the location of the Parking Ticket. Any type of Hospital, Medical Facility, Bio-Tech/Pharmasutcal, Zimbabwa Embasy/Consulate....

-Luddite

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Message for Luddite

Kim hits speed dial on his cell phone and calls Luddite...

"Big trouble... at the Club... Find all you know on Captain N'gambe... involved... Neilan target... breif I know... bullets about to fly..."

Hangs up quickly...

Game Control

First Post
Luddites tries desperately to extract some useful information out of the mass of data that he has on hand. He tries everything he can think of when at last one of his correlation check gives him something juicy.

What do François Balladur, Alexandre Beaujolais and Antoine Gournay all have in common? Well, they’re French for starter. But more importantly they all studied at the Université René Descartes in Paris during the 60s. Luddites starts on this trail like a bloodhound; who in CDC studied in Paris?

Mark Armstrong, head of the investigation department did. Wait, he is 30. He couldn’t have met the others there. Something seems to be missing but your gut instinct tells you that you are on the right track.

Remove ads