D&D 4E SRM Marking Marked and Other 4Eisms

Ipissimus

First Post
here Alethea says:

"The paladin often found that the most useful thing he could do was declare an enemy as his mark, then just leave, so it would hurt itself every time it attacked someone else."

Now, this is still the Paladin and this is still a divine power, so I'm ok with this. Nasty, but it's about time Paladins had a nasty ability. :]

I'll be interested to see if Fighters can do something similar...

RodneyThompson

First Post
There is much missing from the explanations of paladin and fighter marking from the D&D XP character sheet. Paladins cannot just mark-and-run to get damage on foes.

Deep Blue 9000

First Post
Cadfan said:
There should be a name for this fallacy, in which one reasons that the more combat options a game has the less roleplaying options it must have as a result. Its similar to the "D&D Fallacy," (which I just named) where people apply D&D character balance rules to real world people: "He's strong, so he must not be agile." "She's attractive, so she's not smart." Just as not all real life people are created from a limited point buy that forces them to skimp on statistics in one category to excel in another, real life gaming systems do not have a finite amount of positive traits which must trade off against one another.

Pages.

Lizard

Explorer
Moridin said:
There is much missing from the explanations of paladin and fighter marking from the D&D XP character sheet. Paladins cannot just mark-and-run to get damage on foes.

As noted in the post above yours, that's not what people are saying. Are they running it wrong? (That's not supposed to be snark, that's a serious question -- perhaps they're misinterpreting/misapplying the rule. Everyone gets rules wrong early in the cycle, leading to "D'oh!" moments later on.)

glass

(he, him)
olshanski said:
Anyone design any splat-feats or spells yet:

Remarkable Foe: (Wiz9 Per Day ability)
Range: medium
Int attack vs Will
Save: Will negates
SR: No

When you cast this on an opponent, that opponent becomes remarkable. Once marked, any subsequent marks do not overide previous marks, but rather stack.
FIF4.

glass.

Remove ads