D&D 5E St. Patrick's Day Adventure Monster Suggestions

R_J_K75

Legend
St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday March 17 this year. I'll most likely running a game within a few days of the actual holiday if not on it and I want to run single session set on the premise. Any low level creatures (1-5), that's not a leprechaun, that people could suggest to fit this motif would be appreciated. I don't care what edition its from as I'll be converting it to 5E if need be. I'm not familiar with Irish folklore/history so Im not necessarily looking for that but feel free to talk about it between other members. The campaign theme is maritime/naval military and pirate based. Thanks again.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Off the top of me head you’ve got all kinds of fairies, and especially Sidhe, Slaugh Banshee,Pooka and other trickster animals (Cat sith, Hounds)
Pooka and Changlings
Headless horseman (Dullahan)
Merrow
Far Darrig is The Red man fairy, kinga like a Leprechaun but dressed in red

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Oh and Fear Gorta are really interesting imho

they are spirits of famine that go around begging for alms, they bless those who are generous but curse the uncaring to eternal hunger. I always think of them as ’good’ ghouls who only eat/turn bad people...

Last edited:

Any of the faeries in the Tome of Beast from Kobold press. You'll be amazed at the quality and variety of Feys you'll get in that book.

R_J_K75

Legend
Off the top of me head you’ve got all kinds of fairies, and especially Sidhe, Slaugh Banshee,Pooka and other trickster animals (Cat sith, Hounds)
Pooka and Changlings
Headless horseman (Dullahan)
Merrow
Far Darrig is The Red man fairy, kinga like a Leprechaun but dressed in red

I had no idea the headless horseman was Irish folklore.

Remove ads