St. Ulthar's Medallion

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Did you miss my attack on G3? I stepped up and swung (hit an AC of 16)

OOC: Sorry. Meant to post a clarification, but got distracted by the kids getting up. With the resolute dog moving into fight before Devon could act, Devon's path to attack was blocked. Right? I may have messed something up. If so, please let me know.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: That was my first action in the combat. I had only cast guidance before on C right at the beginning. My action would have been on the same round that H was summoning the dog.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Into the Barrow: Day 2

The rearmost goblin turns tail and runs. Coreuth readies an action to fire at the first enemy that reaches the doorway.

"Oh no you don't!" Lem spins acrobatically away from the injured goblin and races to pursue his fleeing partner, leaving the one he was previously attacking to be mopped up by the other heroes.

Lem dodges past the goblin in pursuit of the other. The cook rushes around the one bend, then another, and finds himself face to face with a slavering rat measuring at least two feet from nose to backside, not counting its tail. Another giant rat is a couple of yards farther back. In the shadows of the room beyond, Lem seems three goblins, all of them readying shortbows. Almost as quickly as Lem vanishes around the corridor's bend, he reappears.

"Mates, I've got a couple of giant rats and goblin bowmen on my tail!" Lem yelled as he ran back. He attempts to twist acrobatically to end up in front of the goblin he had wounded before, but fails.

[sblock=Lem]I counted twice, and Lem doesn't have enough movement to get through the goblin's square and back again through the square since doing so counts as double movement. Oops![/sblock]

Not quite sure of how to contribute to the current scene, Quillian watches and waits.

Lem hears the giant rats scurrying in behind him. He dodges as one of the monstrous rodents tries to bite him.

Devon lunges forward and cuts the injured goblin down. Holphin's dog runs through the open door and down the hall toward Lem. Holphin pulls out his crossbow and loads it.

Sword in hand, Bozzago waits anxiously, spurned on by the news of more enemies.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Initiative Order: Goblins 21, Coreuth 19, Lem 18, Quillian 18, Giant Rats 12, Holphin 11, Devon 9, Bozzago 5.
Coreuth: injured (4 points); +1 to saves (8 rounds); guidance in effect.
Goblins: #3 dying (10 points)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Rat Initiative: 1d20+1=12.
Rat vs. Lem: 1d20+3=4, 1d4-2=1.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem decides it might be best to turn and face his rat attacker, trying to take it down with a flurry of kicks and punches. "Oh rats... no really, rats! Could use some help!"

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
Seeing the congested hallway will not let the rest aid Lem, Devon shouts, "Back into the room! We need to let Lem withdraw into here so we can all fight effectively."
He then backs into the room and makes space for the rest (I will be in the square where the two dead goblins are).

Remove ads