• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek 11

Chun-tzu

First Post
From http://www.darkhorizons.com/news-n.htm:

Star Trek 11: Ananova reports that Rick Berman has indicated that, at least unofficially, an eleventh Trek film is a definite go ahead no matter how "Nemesis" performs at the box-office. However in order to keep in with the film's tagline as the Next Gen's last - the eleventh film will contain characters from the other three spin-off series: "I don't know if putting Deep Space Nine's Captain Sisko on the screen is viable. I think there are certain characters from other shows that would work. Colm Meaney is a remarkable actor. Jeri Ryan, I can't imagine people would not love to see her on the big screen. So there are possibilities of combining other actors. I'm not suggesting that we're going to do that. It's just a possibility. It's even a possibility that we would include characters from Enterprise even though they're 200 years earlier. Anything's possible". Thanks 'Capn Howdy'.

I would LOVE to see a movie with characters from all 3 series. I'd be disappointed if Sisko got left out. It's kind of understandable, given that he's with the Prophets, but that could easily become part of the storyline. After all, if any of those series were still going on, the return of Sisko would be a major event. I wonder if Odo might also get left out, now that he's part of the great Link.

But this would be a tough project, in that SOME people would have to get left out. You can't do a decent story with 3 entire casts. But if there were at least cameos by some, and the whereabouts of others mentioned, that would be nice.

Since we've got too many characters for one crew, how about two? What if they finally made Riker captain of his own ship, and he took Deanna with him? Better yet, make Riker captain of Voyager (if you haven't heard, we find out in Nemesis that Janeway isn't Voyager's captain anymore). Picard selects Chakotay as his new #1, and maybe Worf and O'Brian go over to Voyager, too (putting them back on Enterprise is nothing new). And imagine Bashir getting assigned to Voyager because they don't have a chief medical officer. The holographic Doctor would be furious! So many possibilities. How would you break up the crews?

And it would be cool to see Spock and T'Pol in it, too (maybe even Scottie).

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Chun-tzu said:
the return of Sisko would be a major event.

I agree, with the way that DS9 ended I thought that this plot device would be used for DS9's first movie. But then again that might just make too much sense in Hollywood.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Chun-tzu said:
But this would be a tough project, in that SOME people would have to get left out. You can't do a decent story with 3 entire casts. But if there were at least cameos by some, and the whereabouts of others mentioned, that would be nice.
to quote Alaric_Prympax, "i agree"!

i would love to see an attempt at this, but some of the ST movies have already made cameos of their own cast members! did Dr Crusher do anything else in First Contact other than activate the EMH? (which was cool in itself, but she really didn't have much to do in that movie...)

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Chun-tzu said:
if you haven't heard, we find out in Nemesis that...

Doesn't bother me personally, but you might want to put a Spoiler alert in the subject/topic line of this thread.

Of all the DS9 characters, I would think that Bashir might be an interesting choice for a cameo. Some of the others would require that they be more integral to the plot if you brought them back, I.E. Sisko or Odo.

Valara Saar

First Post
Re: Re: Star Trek 11

Mark said:

Doesn't bother me personally, but you might want to put a Spoiler alert in the subject/topic line of this thread.

Of all the DS9 characters, I would think that Bashir might be an interesting choice for a cameo. Some of the others would require that they be more integral to the plot if you brought them back, I.E. Sisko or Odo.

Well the thing is, this is not a spoiler. Not really, as it is announced on the commercial for the movie.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Re: Re: Star Trek 11

Valara Saar said:
Well the thing is, this is not a spoiler. Not really, as it is announced on the commercial for the movie.

Guess I missed that. :) (..and I suppose there may be some people who avoid commecials...)

Welverin

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Star Trek 11

Valara Saar said:

Spoilers are frequently given away in commercials and trailers so you should use them as a good guide for what's safe to mention. Some of the Two Towers previews give away a major LotR spoiler.

Ghostwind

First Post
What if they finally made Riker captain of his own ship, and he took Deanna with him?

Actually, Riker gets his own ship in Nemesis (I won't say which one) and he does take Troi with him.

Scripting the next Trek movie will be a nightmare by any means. The logical thing would be to develop a solid story concept centered around Deep Space Nine and the Gamma quadrant. Voyager could easily be inserted as the primary ship to use for the "next galactic struggle that threatens the security of the Federation" as whatever comes pouring through the wormhole only to attack DS9 and Bajor which spurs the return of Sisko to save the day.

Several TNG cast members have said they are done as of Nemesis (we all know money talks, however). A few have gone on record saying they want to remain involved in the franchise (Frakes, McFadden, Sirtis, and Dorn for starters). I think using one or two of them would be good, but the next movie should focus on cast members from DS9 and/or Voyager. Too many cameos and it will wreck the story in the long run. That's why so many of the original series actors chose not to do Generations. They basically had one line each and that was it, which did not contribute to the story at all.

I'm skeptical how much farther the franchise can go. It seems that the storyline and plots are growing weaker and more redundant with each movie. After all, how many time now have we seen the Enterprise get a royal a** whooping/suffer major destruction/get destroyed lately? It's happened every movie since Star Trek VI in case you haven't been paying attention. How many times has Picard had to deal with personal demons and conflicts as one of the main plots? Once in a while is fine when it has a real purpose (First Contact) but we see it again in the next two movies. Oh well, time will tell...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads