Star Wars: Rebels with Style Part I

possum

First Post
Lia's hand trails instinctively towards her blaster, but quickly stops. Five against two wasn't exactly favorable odds. Seeing that they were trying to clear the crowds out of the street, she wonders if a saber tank or some type of walker wasn't on its way.

drothgery

First Post
Istara looked back at Lia when the Stormtroopers appeared. She knew the older woman's ties to the rebellion were things of the heart, while hers were far more abstract and intellectual; she'd sought out the fringes of the Rebellion because she could not ignore the implications of her research. The Empire had done terrible things, things that more than justified overthrowing it, but the worst it had done to her before she had become involved with the Rebellion was to cost her father some money. Which meant she still didn't instinctively reach for her weapon at the first sight of a Stormtrooper.

"We need a closer look at that hangar." Istara said.

Lia and Istara:

Getting to the other hanger looked to be within the realm of possibilities, but the Stormtroopers that were keeping the street clear were definitely watching the crowd closely. While some of the others were just watching in a state of slowly-fading shock, most of the people looked to be trying to go about their business...even though they were being confined to the immediate area. Surprisingly, neither of you could sense any kind of real nervousness at the Stormtroopers trying to seal of the area. In fact, people seemed to just accept that without a second thought.

But the crowd was definitely to your advantage, as people were packed fairly tightly to stay out of the street itself, meaning that picking out one or two individuals couldn't have been easy.

Looking towards the hangar, you noticed something interesting. Unlike the one you were backed against or where the Vortex was docked, there looked to be a small alley between that hangar and the one you were currently near. It was a bit hard to see from your angle, and there didn't seem to be the amount of light coming from it that the street had, but you could both see it, roughly ten or so meters away and generally ignored by everyone around. Of course, one of the Stormtroopers was very near to it, closer to the alley than he was to the main entrance to the other hangar, and you could hear a sound getting louder from above.

Looking up, you could see nothing in the night sky beyond the blinding lights of the city, but it sounded like an airspeeder coming down. Then you heard another sound, your comlinks clicked and Sara's voice quietly asked, "You two alright? I can't get the others to respond and I'm fairly sure something just exploded about four levels up. Imperial comm traffic is going crazy."

Deurr:

You woke up in the darkness...at least, dark before you opened your eyes. It was hard to remember what had happened. You could remember the first explosion clearly enough, seeing that Kel Dor darting past you and both Kay and Garret trying to stop him, but then things got fuzzy. There had definitely been a lot of Stormtroopers. Blaster fire, too. And then...then something. Through the haze, you were fairly sure it was another explosion, but much smaller and much closer to you than the other had been. Beyond that...nothing.

Nothing but the place you currently found yourself. It wasn't really a room so much an as alcove. You couldn't see the night sky above you, and it looked like there was a durasteel ceiling a few meters up, but it could have been a trick of the light...of which there was little. You were definitely sitting back against a wall, with a couple of barrels and nondescript crates at your feet. Another wall was to your right, and when you looked left you could see a large open area of mostly darkness.

"Hey," you recognized the voice right away, and then found its source a moment later. Sya was kneeling down between you and one of the barrels, looking about as bad as you felt, but with a smile on her face. Her voice was low, barely above a whisper, "How's the head? Hell, how's the everything? If you fell as far as I think you did...I'm not sure how you're even alive."

drothgery

First Post
Looking up, you could see nothing in the night sky beyond the blinding lights of the city, but it sounded like an airspeeder coming down. Then you heard another sound, your comlinks clicked and Sara's voice quietly asked, "You two alright? I can't get the others to respond and I'm fairly sure something just exploded about four levels up. Imperial comm traffic is going crazy."

"We're all right so far." Istara said over the comlink. "Can you trace their comlinks even if they're not answering?"

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr grunts as he pulls himself to up to sitting and knocks on his helmet. He almost wishes to take it off and use the breathmask for a while instead. But clearing his vision on the human pilot he comes back to his senses. Deurr's voice is even raspier than usual and it is clear he is in great deal of pain, even if he would never admit it to a human. "Ngh... My comm's busted. It gives only static."

He slides back to the ground for a second before rousing again. "The others... Ambush... Or something... Troopers everywhere..." Finally he realises there were explosions and quickly goes through all the explosives he's carrying, making sure none are about to go off.

Lia and Istara:

"I can try, but it may take some time," Sara sounded frustrated, but was still keeping her usual formal tone, "If it helps, I think we're going to be fine down here. The Imps are calling in a large amount of troops, but from what I can gather, they're locking down the upper sections of the city."

As the words came over the comm, the sound from above grew loud enough that it was easily identifiable: repulsorlift drives. In a few more moments, the blinding lights from above began to be blacked out by the shape of a military airspeeder that was coming down right in the middle of the street, albeit very slowly. It looked large enough to hold at least twenty more Stormtroopers and possibly some heavy equipment.

Lia:[sblock]The single Stormtrooper closest to where the hangar is seems to be having some kind of trouble. Its hard to tell due to the armour, but you do note that he is constantly tapping the side of his helmet and motioning with his blaster at the nearby civilians where the other troopers are simply standing their ground and somehow managing to look bored.[/sblock]

Deurr:

"Sadly, there are troopers everywhere here, too..." Sya carefully motioned with her hand for you to look beyond the little alcove the two of you currently occupied. It was still hard to tell exactly where you were, but between the crates, you could see white figures moving. Stormtroopers, most likely. Unless white was the new fashion in the Core Worlds.

Sya raised an eyebrow as you checked your explosives, which were, thankfully, all accounted for. After a moment, she says, "I wish I could tell you what happened. Just found you on top of this hangar about five minutes ago. You were pretty beat up and about the time I realized you were alive the bucketheads showed up. I got us out of sight, we're in a service warehouse at the back end of the hangar. Vortex isn't even a click away but uh...this whole area's playing hell with comms so I couldn't tell you what's going on beyond that," she paused a moment to look between some of the crates as a white shape passed by again, then lowered her voice, "I was hoping we could get out of here once you regained consciousness but uh...we're a bit...boxed in at the moment. There's a door about twenty meters that way, but last I saw it was pretty much in the open and well guarded. There's also an elevator about ten meters to the left but...well, no cover between here and there. I got us down here through that just before all these new friends decided to show up."

Though you couldn't see the first door she mentioned, you could see the lift. It was along the wall that wasn't as covered in crates, and you could see the indentation of where a control panel likely was. Though there didn't seem to be any Stormtroopers directly around it, you couldn't see any cover at all between where you were and the supposed lift.

possum

First Post
Lia looks at the landing craft, recalling only vague memories of something she had heard somewhere nearly a decade ago. It didn't seem good, she recalled, wishing she would have been able to remember more.

"We've got technical difficulties," Lia says to Istara, pointing to the stormtrooper fiddling with his helmet. "And a way in."

drothgery

First Post
"You have an idea?" She asked.

[sblock=ooc]
... because I don't. Istara is a pretty good tactician, though more on a starship scale than on an individual scale, but I'm not.
[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"Damn," Lia says. "I was kind of hoping that you'd have something better than walking over and shooting him. That's a feasible strategy. Dangerous, but feasible." She looks over to the landing platform. "Of course it's a lot better than staying here and finding out what they want..."

Remove ads