Star Wars: Rebels with Style Part I

Nightclub Group:

For the first time since he'd given his attention to Kay, the pilot looked over his shoulder. It was momentary, and from the the looks of things he was looking over to a group of his fellow pilots, as the immediate group behind him were wearing the same jet-black uniform he had. Of course, he said nothing to them and turned a drunken smile back to Kay, "Whole floor...? I like that idea...'s too loud in this place half the time anyway."

Garret:[sblock]The second you pick up the object, you know its not what it appears to be. It weighs far too much to be a simple credit chip or datacard. In fact, even with its small size, its weight is comparable to a blaster pistol. The initial feeling of danger skyrockets when you pick it up, almost to the point of making it hard to hold.

Looking up for the robed man, you no longer saw him there. In fact, you couldn't see him anywhere around.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Sniper 6)

Garret's blood is pumping with adrenaline racing through his system. His heart starts racing and those who look at him may see a tell-tale reddening of his ears and nose as he makes quickly for Kay while trying not to be noticed. He goes quicker than he would like and there is a slight shake to his normally rock-steady hands as he approaches.

He speaks a little too quickly to her "Mistress, I am sorry to interrupt, but it is really time to go." He looks around, not quite frantically, for Duerr and then looks around to try to find the robed-one in the darkness and noise of the club. He almost unconsciously rubs against the carefully hidden blaster as he offers his hand to her, hoping that his borderline feeling of panic would not be noticed by the hopefully, drunk pilot, or Kay.

His only thoughts in this cacophony of emotions is of Sya .... and wishing he had his rifle with him.

[OOC: I wasn't exactly sure how I should play it this last moment or two, so I hope that I am handling this OK for you AMG, and that I took your clues well enough. :eek::uhoh:]

drothgery

First Post
"Only two things can really move that fast in a craft,", Lia says as she looks over the information, "and still survive in the aftermath. Droids or... her voice trails off for a second. "Force users."

"I was thinking droids as well." Istara said, as she tried to pull anything more from the raw sensor data and Sara and Sya's analysis. "If Vader or one of his lackeys is taking a personal hand in things, we can't do anything about it. Droids, on the other hand..."

OOC: Use Computer +19, Knowledge (tactics) +11, Knowledge (technology) +11, Knowledge (physical sciences) +11

Shalimar

First Post
"Your timens 'sgreat, but your tone sucks Garret. Me and my friend here, he's the best pilot in the galaxy, we were about to go back to the otel. It quiter there, and we have a whole floor to relax in." Kay slurs a bit. "You may estort us there now. We'll talk abot sis later." she says firmly marred by the sloshing of her words.

Kay pulled the pilot up with her when she rose of his lap, making sure to squirm around a bit first. After they were standing, she leaned into him, putting herself under his arm and her head into the rook of his shoulder. "Shu ready to go back to my hotel room?" she asks the pilot.

Nightclub Group:

The Imperial pilot sent a cautious almost-glare to Garret before turning his idiot grin back to Kay, as he came very close to failing to get to his feet. Once he found his footing, he remained surprisingly stable an laughed, "Jus lead the way."

As you turned to leave the Blue Moon, the robed man that Garret had been watching suddenly reappeared, as if out of no where. He came up behind Garret suddenly, obviously trying to stay out of sight before reaching out an arm and tightly gripping Garret's upper arm. Before he could fight back, the robed figure leaned in close, though Garret could still only see an unshaven mess of a jaw beneath the hood, and spoke forcefully and quietly enough that those close by likely couldn't hear, "The thing you picked up off the table...give it to me. Quickly."

The feeling from before, that intense stare-without-a-stare that seemed to bore into Garret's skull had returned, stronger than before. Now, though, Kay could feel it, too. Even though she was originally facing the other direction, she could feel eyes almost burning the back of her head with an intense gaze.

Apartment Group:

It was hard to glean much more from the data, as it wasn't really that much data in the first place. There was no real way to know if it was something mystical involved or mechanical, but you do know that the Empire has toyed with droid starfighters before. The last you knew of it, they were mostly relegated to a limited production run, cheap to build but not very effective in combat. Though you'd never actually seen one of the droid-operated TIEs, that was likely due to the only reports of them coming from backwater planets that even the Rebellion barely had a presence on.

From the data, it just didn't seem possible that whatever this was, it wasn't the droid TIE Fighters that were already in operation. They had too much of a reputation for being easy to shoot because they didn't react or maneuver quickly.

drothgery

First Post
With all the remote hacking she could manage finished, and nothing more to be pulled out of the observational data, Istara switched her computer over to a fleet tactics simulation she had been working on. Trying to figure out how to best use a small fleet with few capital ships against the Imperial Navy was difficult, but every rebel officer had to deal with that reality.

So she set up a timer to remind her in an hour if the others didn't get back or call by then.

Last edited:

OOC:[sblock]As a heads up, last week or so has been iffy for me but its settled into a good schedule now. Also, question. Is K2 over in the apartment or still back on the shuttle?

On that note, lets give this a bit of a kick.[/sblock]

Nightclub Group:

For a short moment, the Imperial pilot turned and stared blankly at the man who had grabbed Garret. But the moment passed and the pilot looked back to Kay, "Crazy locals 'r everywhere 'ese days...'s too bad we can't jus shoot em but appurently 'at's bad ferm...farm...frorm...'s bad somethin. Jus' best to ignores them."

He then did his best, in his drunken state, to exit the Blue Moon with Kay. The pilot managed to get outside to the open-air walkway before seemingly realizing he had no idea where Kay had been leading them. So he turned a questioning look in her direction.

The robed man only tightened his grip on Garret's arm, lowering his voice more and keeping his words firm, "Listen to me, son. That Kel Dor is a Rebel terrorist and you just picked up the bomb intended to take out all the Imperials in here. I don't know how long until it goes off, but with the way that boy ran off I'd expect its soon so either you get this out of here or I will."

Apartment Group:

It was only a few minutes into the simulation, which was of course not going well, when Istara's comlink beeped again. When it was answered, Sara's voice returned, though this time she sounded much less calm. Angry was probably the right word, "Istara...Lia...both of you. We have a bit of a problem. I noticed some odd readings on some of the sensor data while trying to find that ship again...but it was not a ship this time. I am fairly sure it was some kind of surveillance device or somthing similar. Sya agreed and got it in her idiotic brain to find the source. I have been trying to contact that bloody woman for the last ten minutes and either she is ignoring me or she has gone and proven her need for action truly is foolish. I would go after her myself, but I will not leave the ship alone, especially if we are under the eye of Imperial agents."

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]K2's with Istara. He's handy for an aid another when hacking. :)[/sblock]

I suppose Admiral Kandorian Serrano's exploits will have to wait. Istara thought, as she shut the simulation down.

"We'll be there in a few minutes." Istara said. "Unless anyone thinks we should leave someone here to wait for Kay?"

possum

First Post
I don't think that there's going to be any problem," Lia says as she quickly grabs her blaster pistol. "I'm ready."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr nudges Garret as if to ask if he required help. Barely hearing the words of the man as he came closer, he nods to Garret, thinking it might be best to obey.

[sblock=OOC]FreeX hasn't been online for some time now. If you don't mind me stating his actions I'd say it would be best to obey the man, and hand him the thingy.[/sblock]

Remove ads