• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Rebels with Style Part I

possum

First Post
As her quarters are determined to be bug free, Lia quickly unpacks before returning to the central living quarters. She flips on the entertainment unit, turning the station to a news station and listens in. Maybe, she thinks, through all of the propaganda there might be something of use.

drothgery

First Post
As soon as she's finished checking for bugs, Istara commandeers a desk, setting her computer on it and putting together notes to make her professed reason for contacting Seinar sound plausible, making sure all of her numbers are in order. When she's finished, she makes the call.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Sniper 6)

Garret pulls out his electrobinoculars and spends some time watching out the window that faces the Imperial Academy to 'see-what-he-can-see'. He will watch from back away from the window as much as possible so as to not arouse to much suspicion from anyone watching their window.

Once he is done watching the Imperial Academy he will spend sometime standing watch outside the room door to get a feel for daily traffic. Then he will wander around the floor to get a feel for its layout: ambush and blind spots, defensible positions, and possibly even secret or hidden doors/things.

OOC:[sblock]On the layout of the apartment...will get you guys a basic map put together if necessary, but it basically IS the floor you're on. i.e. the turbolift opens up to the entranceway into the main room itself. It is, of course, locked in such a way that people can't randomly walk in, but there's no other part of the floor from that turbolift that there is access to.[/size][/sblock]

Even with the assistance of electrobinoculars, it was difficult for Garret to get a good view of the Academy. It must have been huge, as even though it was easy to notice against the various other buildings, it was on the opposite end of the sprawling city. Towers and walkways and speeder lanes blocked most of the view of the Academy beyond the traffic that was coming and going from what had to be private landing bays, but at this high level you couldn't see any signs of defense structures. There had to be some, of course, especially with an Academy located in such a large city, but from this distance all you could tell was it was quite large and assume from that its defenses were likely equally impressive.

It takes a few moments, but Istara's comm message to Sienar is answered by the screen flickering and then a small holo-image of a human woman with sharp, hawkish features glaring through. She speaks quickly and as if she had been interrupted, giving a business-like opening explaining that you have, in fact, contacted Sienar Fleet System's Corulag office. After the scripted part, the woman's eyes narrowed a bit more, "What exactly do you want?"

drothgery

First Post
It takes a few moments, but Istara's comm message to Sienar is answered by the screen flickering and then a small holo-image of a human woman with sharp, hawkish features glaring through. She speaks quickly and as if she had been interrupted, giving a business-like opening explaining that you have, in fact, contacted Sienar Fleet System's Corulag office. After the scripted part, the woman's eyes narrowed a bit more, "What exactly do you want?"

"My employer wishes to commission a yacht." She said.

OOC: Istara's somewhat persuasive (Persuasion +9), so any less than elegant wordering on my part shouldn't 'really' happen... :)

"We do not take personal contracts," the woman, at first, seemed to be continuing the same annoyed tone as before. But after a moment the predatory look faded from her features, "There is a Kuat Drive Yards office located in Curamelle and we do contract many designs to them. I believe they will contract out for private ships of various kinds."

drothgery

First Post
"We do not take personal contracts," the woman, at first, seemed to be continuing the same annoyed tone as before. But after a moment the predatory look faded from her features, "There is a Kuat Drive Yards office located in Curamelle and we do contract many designs to them. I believe they will contract out for private ships of various kinds."

"Thank you. It seems I was misinformed." She said. And that will teach me to walk into something before doing my own research. I know better than that.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr doesn't give much an explanation, just telling others he'll check the perimeter around the apartment and goes out. He'll stroll around the building couple of times, checking the area for suspicious characters. Though there wasn't much of a chance for him to spot any even if there were some. He returns inside a while later. "We want get look of the academy soon. We being your bodyguards..." He says to Kay nodding towards Garret, "...Maybe you want to go shopping this evening?"

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Kay's pretending to be an heiress. Istara is an heiress, but is not acting in that role right now. So you're Kay's bodyguards, not Istara's.

Remove ads