• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star wars SAGA cover?

Rawhide

First Post
It's clearly a placeholder. it's square, and it doesn't list rodney (hi Rodney!) or Owen as authors

Speaking of placeholders:
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Unleashed-Campaign-Sterling-Hershey/dp/0786947438/

Looks like Owen and Rodney are continuing to work together, and bringing in more classic star Wars writing talent And from what rodney justn said he's actually working at Wizards now. owen and Sterling may ber as well

It also lookks like the Saga core ruebook isn't a one-shot. Perhaps a whole line ofd new Star wars rpg books are on the way?

Pagan priest

First Post
Ah, finally after all this time... a chance to go out and spend lots of money getting new editions of all those books I already own. :D

But seriously, I really liked the idea of having just one skill Use the Force, rather than 25 differnet skills, each of which a Jedi should be good at.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Pagan priest said:
But seriously, I really liked the idea of having just one skill Use the Force, rather than 25 differnet skills, each of which a Jedi should be good at.
Should? What if one jedi is better at healing than the other jedi of the same level and Use the Force skill bonus (rank + related ability modifier)?

Last edited:

Skyman

First Post
They have said there will be ways to make Force users better at specific aspects of the Force - I assume it'll be through talents (the classes are going to have d20 Modern style talents if I remember right).

Ranger REG

Explorer
w_earle_wheeler said:
Too bad it (probably) isn't square. I'd like to see a bit more experimentation in book design with RPGs.
Too late for that. Everyone's gearing up for the book's release in May. More experimentation means more delay.

Pagan priest

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Should? What if one jedi is better at healing than the other jedi of the same level and Use the Force skill bonus (rank + related ability modifier)?

True, but then there is the stuff like precognition, telekinesis, Jedi mind control tricks, and just using the Force to do anything it takes to advance the plot along...

kenobi65 said:
It's May now? I'd thought it was March. Guess I've been out of the loop.
Out of the loop for quite a while. I believe the May release date was announced late January/early February. It was more to coincide with the 30th anniversary of ANH, but as it gave Rodney, Owen, and Gary more time to further polish the new ruleset, it's all good.

Pbartender

First Post
Ranger REG said:

Then you play an older edition, where the rules works that way... :p

Remove ads