Star Wars: The Acolyte starts June 4

Zardnaar

Legend
The main protagonist is a Jedi Master played by that guy from Squid Game. Carrie-Anne Moss also plays a Jedi Master.

I saw that Joonas Suotamo is in it, and there's a brief glimpse of a wookiee in the trailer ... apparently he's playing a wookiee Jedi!

Thought that was her in the trailer. Matrix vibes from said trailer lol.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm all in for trying new stories in the same universe. I just hope that it's good.

Big universe old legends had different time frames as well. Old republic is best known (4000 years before SW), Lefact era 41-130+ years after SW) and they went far back as 25000 years(1000 generations ANH reference).

High republic isn't that well know and I don't think the books have done that well. There's some sort of bbeg plant race iirc.

I'm guessing this show leads to rumors of the Sith surviving as referenced in TPM iirc.

Zardnaar

Legend
I maintain that if Obi Wan had been given a Stranger Things Season 4 level budget, it would be considered one of the greatest Star Wars things ever produced. It was criminally underfunded for the story it wanted to tell.

Budget wasn't that shows problem. I liked the show but it wasn't great.

Unmet expectations perhaps or after BoBF expectations weren't that great.

Reynard

Legend
Budget wasn't that shows problem. I liked the show but it wasn't great.

Unmet expectations perhaps or after BoBF expectations weren't that great.
I thought the show was pretty well written and McHregor was, as usual, phenomenal as Obi-Wan.

Then he and Vader had a climactic battle in a gravel pit.

Zardnaar

Legend
Non chud youtuber breaking down the trailer referencing the wiki and naming the characters. If you're not familiar with the high republic era (like me) it helped.

The assassin lady May (the acolyte?) seems to lose a lot. Speculation she's not a Sith yet just an assassin or whatever.

Red lightsaber probably the master.

Alot of the characters are from other media I'm guessing the high republic books.

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I thought the show was pretty well written and McHregor was, as usual, phenomenal as Obi-Wan.

Then he and Vader had a climactic battle in a gravel pit.
He let Darth live. Just stop being stupid for once obi. Which I get he couldn't, but then don't show us him being stupid. Among other things that made no sense.

Remove ads