• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starcraft RPG: Who would be interested?

Would you throw down you hard earned money on a Starcraft RPG?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • Nope... I can do it with d20 Future, Gurps, or any other generic system.

Votes: 96 55.8%

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Now that Blizzard has announced that Starcraft 2 is in production I'm wondering if it perhaps Sword & Sorcery Studios might pick up the license to publish an RPG version of the computer game. I for one would be very interested in purchasing such a product. I think the Starcraft setting is just screaming for a role-playing game to support it.

How about it, would you be interested in purchasing such a game?

(who knows, maybe someone from Sword & Sorcery might see this poll and do something about it) :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
What, no "maybe"? I'd be interested in looking at it in the store... which can lead to buying. But no sight-unseen pre-orders from me, thanks.

Cheers, -- N

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The RPG was one of TSR's last gasps and wasn't well-supported, was it?

I agree that making it a D20 Future book (reprinting all the appropriate rules, Cthulhu D20-style) would be the way to go.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Definately Starcraft D20. Maybe one major sourcebook per race (Terran, Protoss and Zerg) and one more book on tech goodies and vehicles and leave it at that.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I would be interested in something like that, be it seems to me that it would be rather difficult to get something like that right, and I am not interested in bad products. So it really depends on the quality of execution. The big problem is the general lack of things to fight other than Terrans, Protoss, and Zerg, and that some critical elements of the game would be hard to implement. How do you handle Marines with a 6 second battle life expectancy, Zerg, or Protoss Dragoons within the scope of a tabletop RPG?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads