• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Somewhere over the planet
P7X - 912
39 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

“In several hours, when the swarm has passed a good distance away, you may return to the surface and search for your comrades,” Myrrdin stated. He paused for several moments as though considering. While he was considering, the group saw the swarm envelope the location the figures were heading into, until the screen showed only the blackness of the swarm.

His regal tone and pompous attitude were becoming quite aggravating, wearing Andreev's patience very thin. Myrrdin had made it very obvious that he primarily had use for the female members of the team. Lucas and himself were regarded as little more than underlings to the self-titled monarch. Myrrdin seemed to believe himself a charmer, and it was quite apparent that any diplomacy coming from Andreev(or any male for that matter) was a waste. As Myrrdin's attention turned back to the viewscreen, so to did Andreev's... only to witness the swarm overcome the area where the rest of the team had just been.

After Myrrdin had ordered Artorius to show them to quarters, Andreev took notice as he called for one of the women to stay. Glancing back to determine Myrrdin's selected, Andreev found him locking eyes with Rylee, who then glanced back at Andreev. Attempting to convey that it was her choice whether or not she wished to stay, Andreev shrugged slightly and gave her a concerned look. When she agreed, he simply smiled and followed Artorius out of the room. Perhaps she will have better luck dealing with him.

Last edited:

Stargate_Com

First Post
Nuke261 said:
On the Street, Cobblestone Town
P7X – 912
26.12 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

As the stampede of bugs rained down from the sky, Jeremiah found a little comfort with Durant at his side. Despite what he thought of the military system, he knew what kind of strength and dedication it toke to be a soldier. He had to admire that.

The inside of the building offered some shelter as his heart still raced from his plight. Standing beside Medraut, Jeremaih watched as the team struggle to reach the safety of the building.

“Is there anything you can do? They need your help. Please.”

A scream came from a pile of bugs where Reed once stood. It sent a shiver down Jeremiah’s spine.

He knew in his mind that the worst thing he could do would be to run out to help the others but that didn't matter, Craig Durant was not about to watch his teammates get attacked while he stood by and did nothing.

Jeremiah admired his bravery but questioned his plan of attack.

There has to be a better way to help. There must be something I can do, someway to scare them off.

Grabbing hold of Durant’s weapon, Jeremiah did his best to provide some cover fire without hitting any of the team.

This is hopeless! I need something bigger…I need…an explosion!

As he continued to lay down cover fire, Jeremiah also helped Stewart and Donovan into the building.

“We need something to scare them off! Some explosives of something! Do you guys have anything?!”

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart 53VP 14WP 4d6AD

P7X – 912
26.12 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Originally posted by Durant
Trying to catch his breathe soon seemed to loose it's importance as Durant watched Stewart get tagged and then Donovan seemed to stumble and then there was just the swarm and no sign of Reed! He knew in his mind that the worst thing he could do would be to run out to help the others but that didn't matter, Craig Durant was not about to watch his teammates get attacked while he stood by and did nothing.

Stewart was just about to breath a sigh of relief when Durant rushed passed him back into the swarm. Ahh! $#!^ That crazy mutter. D^#* it! Stewart tried to catch his breath in one gasp and turned to follow Durant back as he realized the only person that was missing from the group was Reed.

Originally posted by Jeremiah
“We need something to scare them off! Some explosives of something! Do you guys have anything?!”

As Stewart brushed by Jeremiah, Stewart gave a disgusted chuckle as he replied to Jeremiah’s plea, “Man I don’t have $#!^” and gave his sidearm a disgusted slap as if to show that he knew how inadequately equipped he was.

Stewart turned back to the stairs and prepared himself for his probable demise. He was not sure how this would play out but he knew that he couldn’t let Durant try and rescue Reed by himself and be able to live with himself even if they came back. Plus, if Reed was still alive out there it would take the both of them to everyone back.

Carlo

First Post
kid A said:
P7X - 912
39 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

As Lorelai followed the Jaffa from the room towards the 'guest quarters' her mind was leaping with the possibilty of examining bits and pieces of this ship. She knew they were in danger and she knew their compaions of the planet were in even more but for the here and now she could do little to change that. So, could it hurt to take advantage of the oppertunity?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
40 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Myrrdin watched as the others departed, with something of a look of satisfaction. He motioned Rylee to the large table in the room, several chairs were slightly askew and easily sat in. Meanwhile, Myrrdin motioned to the remaining Jaffa (the one Myrrdin called Kai) in the room, who moved from the console he was at to a panel in the wall.

“So, you know something of my language . . . and you seem to know something about me,” Myrrdin said while Rylee moved to the table. “What remains of my deeds on the world of the Tauri?”

As Rylee pondered the question, the Jaffa poured liquid from a large metal pitcher into two metal cups, setting one at the table and handing one to Myrrdin. The Jaffa left the pitcher on the table beside Rylee’s cup, then returned to his console.

Myrrdin looked to be waiting until Rylee sat before he himself sat, though there was no indication of where he was going to sit . . . or how close to Rylee.

OOC: Fallon, language is Gaelic

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912

Artorius and three other Jaffa guided the remaining trio through the bronze metal halls of the spaceship - Artorius and one Jaffa in front, the Jaffa with the weapons and another behind. It appeared to Andreev that the ship was simply massive. They had passed numerous passages and rooms, turning right twice. The thought of what kept it aloft, how gravity was generated, what was the light source, even the power source passed through Andreev’s mind, but lingered on Lorelai’s mind.

One patrol passed the group After walking some distance away from the main conference room, Artorius slowed slightly to speak with Andreev as they walked.

“I must apologize for my liege,” Artorius explained. “These are trying times for him. Much has happened recently. He trusts in very few, and I believe you are not one of them.”

OOC: Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Dark Nemesis

First Post
P7X – 912

She accepted Myrrdin's invitation, choosing a chair that seemed a little apart from the others and sitting down. She felt... weary, and it was good to rest. She glanced at the cup on the table curiously, and remembering that her own flask was nearly empty again.

“So, you know something of my language . . . and you seem to know something about me,” Myrrdin said while Rylee moved to the table. “What remains of my deeds on the world of the Tauri?”

It felt very odd to hear someone talking to her in her native language. She hadn't spoken it with another individual in years. She paused at his question, thinking. Her father had been a fan of Myrrdin's story, and had told it often, but she was not sure how well known it was within the rest of the world. At last, she replied in Gaelic, "As far as I know, not much more than stories, and those have changed drastically over the centuries." After a pause, she added, "Though the stories seem to remain true about your... preference in furniture."

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

P7X – 912

“I must apologize for my liege,” Artorius explained. “These are trying times for him. Much has happened recently. He trusts in very few, and I believe you are not one of them.”

Only as Artorius spoke did Andreev became aware of how closely he had been observing the ship as they strode through the halls. Taking into account all that he could, he had been studying the ship in great detail, regarding every facet with fascination and awe. The only place one could even fathom a vessel of this magnitude before today had been in a science fiction novel or film. And yet, here he was, standing... no... walking through a ship, the interior of which seemed to rival the size of an aircraft carrier at the very least.

Andreev gave Artorius his full attention as he spoke. Waving off Artorius' words, he replied, "There is no need for you to aplogize, my friend. I do not wish to be an ungrateful guest in your master's house, as it were. I am simply worried about the safety of my comrades, both here and the planet surface. Of all my companions, I am the only one whom has ventured into space, and even this," he gestured to the ship around them, "is quite beyond my humble experience."

As they continued down the hallway, Andreev felt he could talk to Artorius easier than his master. His newfound comfortability allowed him to voice his concerns to the lead Jaffa. "My friend... Artorius, was it? What are the chances of survival from this... black death?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
26.18 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Durant saw that Stewart was relatively unscathed, though as he neared Donovan, he saw an arm sized insect on Donovan’s thigh. A few of the insects had entered the large room through the heavy furred door covering when they were opened. The insects buzzed by those in the room, missing badly . . . except for one, who was crushed in the large humanoids hand as tried to strike him.

The insect was still attached to Donovan’s leg, and it felt as though the insect was sucking the blood out of him. He almost stumbled through the curtain, then with a swift motion, sliced through the insect’s head with his knife. The chitin shell separated smoothly at the stroke of his knife, the body falling onto the floor. A bite the size of Donovan’s thumb lay open and bled steadily from where the insect was.

Durant looked past Donovan through the heavy curtain out onto the stairs and beyond. He didn’t see any sign of Reed, the insects acting like a fog, limiting visibility to fifteen feet. He didn’t hear Reed, though any scream would have been drowned out by the loud buzz of the coming swarm . . . but for a second Donovan thought he heard her.

Stewart moved in readiness to the curtain, standing next to Durant, ready to follow where Durant lead. Stewart, amazingly, thought that he spotted* Reed, some thirty feet away at the bottom of the stairs. It was only for an instant, but he was certain she was there, in a heap at the bottom of the stairs.

Jeremiah said:
“Is there anything you can do? They need your help. Please.”!”

In his haste to ask the question of Medraut, Jeremiah had used English rather than Gaelic, and Medraut merely looked at Jeremiah in confusion, the remains of an insect dripping from his hand to land wetly on the ground. Quickly switching to Gaelic, Jeremiah asked again . . .

“I have done more already than anyone else would have, coming this far to help,” Medraut replied in Gaelic, “Stay by the statue and I will activate the rings sending you and your comrades to safety.”

Unsatisfied with the response, Jeremiah moved toward those at the curtain, but was still 15 feet away from the curtain to the outside. Nearing Stewart, he called out . . .

Jeremiah said:

Stewart said:
As Stewart brushed by Jeremiah, Stewart gave a disgusted chuckle as he replied to Jeremiah’s plea, “Man I don’t have $#!^” and gave his sidearm a disgusted slap as if to show that he knew how inadequately equipped he was.

*– Natural 20 on spot check visibility doubled for Stewart only. Assuming the die is spent
OOC: Donovan, Durant, Grayson, Reed, Stewart

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
43 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Artorius nodded in understanding at Andreev’s awe of his location and the technology around them. He was used to the reaction from others that Myrrdin had had on the vessel. Even Artorius himself had been a young wide-eyed boy on the vessel his first time.

Artorius’ strength and confidence was evident in his stride, the way he carried himself, in the way he was comfortable in conversing with a relative stranger. His chiseled features didn’t seem to have the look of many of the other Jaffa that the team had seen on the vessel.

kid A said:
"My friend... Artorius, was it? What are the chances of survival from this... black death?"

Artorius looked solemn at the question, pausing a few moments, indicating that the group had reached their location – a narrow hallway leading to two open arch doorways twenty foot down the passage. He indicated and waited for Lorelai and Lucas to enter the hallway and rooms ahead of them, guided by the remaining Jaffa. In a moment, Artorius was relatively alone with Andreev at the entrance to the hallway.

“One of the first times we had come to the system, I had led a patrol that encountered the black death . . . I lost eight brothers that day . . . and the swarm was only perhaps a thousand strong,” Artorius paused in the story, keeping his voice low. “I’m uncertain why I survived, or how, but Myrrdin found me personally and brought me back from the beyond the brink of death itself.”

“I tell you this so that you understand . . . You companions are most likely dead,” Artorius said with conviction, “though if there is something left, Myrrdin will do anything in his power to bring them back to you,” Artorius finished.

OOC: Ilianov

Remove ads