[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Stargate Platform and Courtyard
P7X - 912
30 minutes since arriving, June 3, 2003

Death gliders... great... that sounded very friendly. With a sigh, she sprinted back toward the Stargate. Grabbing her bag, she slung it over her shoulder. "Come on. It looks like there's more cover among the buildings." One thing was for sure, she was not going to stand out in the open and let these Death gliders shoot at her! Wthout waiting for a response from Andreev, she began making her way back into the town proper as quickly as she could.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
P7X - 912

"Maybe we can break into one of the buildings?" Lucas suggested as he again loaded himself down with the group's gear.

"If we picked the right one, we'd still be able to see the Stargate, and have a fair view of the rest of the town." He continued as he followed after Rylee and Andreev. "So, what do we know about the people in those planes? They are people, right? I don't want to meet any more of those lava-lizards any time soon."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X - 912

kid A said:
“. . . We need to find cover now, and prepare to defend ourselves!"

As Rylee and Lucas approached, Lorelai and Andreev were gathering all of the gear that they could carry. The remaining gear was gathered and the quartet headed out of the courtyard, away from the flying ships that approached. There were several buildings which could be entered down the lane, including a two-story building that looked onto the courtyard. Entering them didn’t appear to be a problem, a simple matter of pulling the heavy furs on the door aside and entering within.

The two ships closed on the courtyard. One of the ships actually seemed quite a bit large than the other. The two ships seemed to slow as they got closer to the town and the courtyard. The Stargate – still open – was a shining beacon alighting their way to the courtyard.

OOC: How close are you staying to the courtyard? Right next to it, two building, five, ten, more? Are you entering a building? Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Attachments

• Death glider.jpg
    Death glider.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 108

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X - 912
6 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

Durant studied the hand that sizzled on the ground. "Will someone stab the damn thing, I don't want it growing into a full-sized lava snake-demon." His words rang of disinterest but the fact of the matter was if the Stargate had not closed when it did, their battle would have started all over again. With half the team missing. Very close call.
Lt. Reed spoke up as she neared, “Town seems abandoned, sir. I didn’t pick up any traces of the rest of the team. 'Course I didn't stray too far . . . ewww."
"Abandoned. Really. That's strange cause I'm pretty sure we aren't alone. No sign of the others either, huh? Well we can't do much here. Let's see if we can pick up their trail and track down our missing children."

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

P7X - 912

As Rylee and Lucas approached, Lorelai and Andreev were gathering all of the gear that they could carry. The remaining gear was gathered and the quartet headed out of the courtyard, away from the flying ships that approached. There were several buildings which could be entered down the lane, including a two-story building that looked onto the courtyard. Entering them didn’t appear to be a problem, a simple matter of pulling the heavy furs on the door aside and entering within.

Spying the two story building brought several things to Andreev's mind. In his briefing, the Goa’uld were described as both extremely intelligent and entirely ruthless. In all likelihood, they probably knew that someone had arrived through the Stargate, and from there, they could extrapolate that whoever had come through could not have gone far. The gliders' appearance, in relation to the team's arrival through the Stargate couldn't have been coincidence. Could it?

Time was of the essence - they had to find cover quickly! But, where could they hide? If the Goa'uld could indeed estimate how far they might have travelled, it was possible that they would find his team in no time at all. Initially, he thought the two story building would be a perfect location, insofar as they could get an idea of what was happening at the platform. However, that would risk the chance of the Goa'uld finding them, and reduce the possibility of an easy escape. Was a single story structure a safer bet? Or should they just keep running? Although he was concerned for his team's safety, he could not escape the simple fact that whatever they could learn from the Goa'uld presence on this planet may prove invaluable to them later.

After weighing the options, Andreev decided that the two story building was, in fact, their best bet. Pointing out the structure, he laid out his plan for the others. "Let us make for that building! We will then go to the second floor, where we will attempt to discover exactly what the Goa'uld will do upon landing. Miss Fallon, I want for you to prepare your rifle, in the event that will need your skills as a sniper."

Last edited:

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

P7X - 912

A full minute passed before Donovan, Stewart and Durant tumbled out of the gate into a jumble of arms, legs and gear at the bottom of the platform. A smile tugged at the edges of Reed’s lips, and she tried her very best not to laugh at the humor of the scene (and silently wished for a camera).

Stewart remembered the little smirk Reed carried when he was in a jumble with Durant and Donovan. He couldn’t resist a little smirk in return as she ran back from whatever she ran from and added, “What’s the rush, Reed?”

Then Barry returned to the sight of the sizzling hand and realized what the hand used to be attached to. He thought out loud, “I can’t believe I just dismissed the salamanders like that, we would’ve been crispy if those things would have come thru. All the while, we’re just standing around trying to figure out who cut a piece of tape!?”

After Stewart was done kicking himself in the arse he continued, “Hey Donovan, can you do anything for these burns and claw marks. Between the frost, dirt, sweat and cold air it’s starting to sting a bit”.

As an after thought, Stewart turned to Durant, “Unless, Commander, you want to start a more thorough search, I can wait. It’s not anything I can’t handle”. Stewart engaged the safety and holstered his pistol in one smooth motion and added, “ If we do go I want dibs on the south road”, for no particular reason.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X - 912
32 minutes since arriving, June 3, 2003

Lucas gathered the side of the heavy fur, which felt surprisingly soft on his hands. The fur was several inches thick and was a striped white and grey. The ships were still several hundred feet off and one of the ships still appeared to be slowing.

Pulling the heavy furred curtain aside revealed a large common room. With the pale light from the sun, the shadows in the room were quite heavy. The room appeared to be a large common area with a set of stone stairs on the far side of the room. An archway lead underneath the stairs lead to a room beyond but appeared covered by a fur similar to the that covering the door. Other arches in the room were likewise covered with furs.

Low stone benches were covered in furs and tables of the now familiar grey stone dotted the room. A higher stone table was in front of the archway at the rear of the room. Hangings covered much of the open areas of stone.

More than anything else, the room appeared to be an old stone tavern room. The upstairs consisted of a long hallway with four arches to either side of the hallway. A heavy fur wall hanging covered the wall at the far end of the hallway, which would open on the courtyard.

If someone peers through the fur:
The larger of the two ships hovered several hundred feet above the Stargate courtyard. Without warning three horizontal rings appeared in the courtyard in a flash of light. The rings moved horizontally upward and disappeared revealing a dozen men in plate armor and carrying long staffs.

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Dark Nemesis

First Post
P7X - 912

Rylee made her way through the building, ascending the stairs to the second floor. She examined her surroundings briefly, before making her way to the end of the hallways. Kneeling down, she pushed the curtain aside only enough to peer out. She intended to check to see what sort of range she would have with her rifle. When she saw the armored men appear, though, she bit her lower lip. Wordlessly, she caught Andreev's attention. "We've got six armored guys outside," she whispered. "Best find a backway out... and tell evryone else to be quiet!" With that, she took up a position at the window, first bracing her sniper rifle, then taking aim...

Jarval

Explorer
P7X - 912

"Um, what do you want me to do with all this stuff?" Lucas asked, nodding towards the various cases and backpacks in his arms. Overhearing snippets of Rylee's whispering to Andreev, he moved closer to the pair.

"I'm not sure that we want to get out of here. If we get caught in the open, we've got the guys outside and whatever weapons those planes might have on them to deal with. On the other hand, in here we can keep the stairs covered, and someone can take pot-shots from behind the furs."

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X - 912
After Stewart was done kicking himself in the arse he continued, “Hey Donovan, can you do anything for these burns and claw marks. Between the frost, dirt, sweat and cold air it’s starting to sting a bit”.
As an after thought, Stewart turned to Durant, “Unless, Commander, you want to start a more thorough search, I can wait. It’s not anything I can’t handle”.
Durant looked Stewart over and realized, for the first time, just how badly he looked. "No, we should tend to our wounds first Stewart, you're right. But lets try and move out of this open courtyard before that." He turned his attention to Lt. Reed. "Find anyplace we can set up a quick base camp at?" He glanced around while she spoke, still waiting for the missing piece he couldn't put his finger on, yet.

Remove ads