• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Somewhere over the planet
P7X – 912
43 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

“That is odd,” Myrrdin commented, “for his intonation and speech patterns are different than for your other two companions. Do the leaders of your military come from another country or planet?”

"I do not think that is the case with all military leaders. But Andreev seems to have the esteem of those in the American military."

“As for some of the legends . . . I’m interested in hearing your stories of me. In exchange for these stories, I will impart one truth to you from any part of the stories – you get to choose. But only one truth,” Myrrdin smiled good-naturedly and relaxed in his chair.

Perhaps it was the drink, or Myrrdin's agreeable mannerisms, but Rylee found herself very comfortable in talking with him. It almost made her forget about how uncomfortable she felt concerning being on a ship in the middle of space.

She found that she was quite interested in Myrrdin's offer to provide clarifications to the stories she had heard so often as a child. She saw no harm in telling him a few stories. She paused for a moment though, to try and remember what she could of the legends. She had not heard the legends in a few years, and so she wanted to make sure that she got the details right. She first told the tale of the events that resulted in his retiring to the forests in the first place, as that had been her father's favorite tale and she knew it best. Then she told him a few of the legends of the role he had played in a once great kingdom.

The viewscreen supported the Jaffa's claim. The blackness that was the insect swarm had lightened near where Rylee's teammate last were. Nothing on the surface was visible - sort of a charcoal grey against a pitch black . . . noticeable, but nothing significant. But still . . .

She paused as Kai spoke up, and turned her eyes toward the viewsceen. It was easy to see the area in which the swarm seemed to be thinning. She could not help but to feel a small spark of hope that their companions were indeed alive down there. "What does that mean?"

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

On the Street, Cobblestone Town
P7X – 912
26.36 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

“Cooommm . . . and . . . .errrrr,” Reed tried to speak through the tears, but the mess of her face and throat made it almost unintelligible.

Stewart felt somewhat relieved when he heard Reed trying to speak. At least she is still breathing. Because he now knew that Reed was still alive, he tried to be as gentle as he could and did his best to raise her as high off the ground as possible so that only her feet would be dragged as they went up the steps.

Once they were inside he looked around the room for the others. To say that he was dismayed at what he didn't see was putting it mild, "WHAT the sam ^#ll, where the frac did everyone go!" He looked to Durant.

Originally posted by Durant
"I am getting way to old for this $hi+! Stewart, you got any ideas?"

Stewart knew Durant was rattled now. This is the first time he saw him like this, looking to others for advice. He saw the bugs still coming through the opening, "Sir, let's get this curtain back up. Then I can see if there is anything I can do to stop Reed from bleeding to death. Hopefully the others will come back for us unless these bugs carried everyone off."

How do we keep getting into crap like this. I don't know how we are going to accomplish anything at this rate!

Jarval

Explorer
P7X - 912
43 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Carlo said:
In a moment of compassion Loralai walked over and knelt beside Lucas "Don't feel bad Lucus, this ship is beyond anything I've even seen in theory." She said quietly, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "But if we want to get through all of this, an perhaps learn something in the bargin we have to hold ourselves together." She smiled shyly. "And of all of us I suspect its me that will need the most help doing that before its all over."

Lucas looked at Loralai with a faint smile. Worry and mental exhaustion showed clearly in his face, but he made a visible effort to get a hold of himself.

"You're right, I need to pull myself together. I'm just not used to dealing with this kind of thing." He gestured towards the opulent room, and by extension, the spaceship itself.

"Although I guess that goes for everyone else who hasn't been abducted by aliens..." He grined at the thought. "I'd just be happier with a mountain or forest than rockets and laser guns. Speaking of which, have you go any ideas as how all this stuff might work? We didn't get laser pistols..."

Carlo

First Post
P7X - 912
43 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003[/i]

Loralai smiled again at his mention of being abducted by aliens then her pretty mouth took a more serious set as she looked around the room. "I'm not sure how all this works yet but I'd be a poor scientist if I didn't know something by the time we leave. Hopefully I'll be able to figue out at least a few things that might help us."
She stood and walked towards the baths. "For the moment though I think it would be a good idea to avail ourselves of our hosts hospitality and then see what kind of clothing and replacement gear we can obtain."

Stargate_Com

First Post
P7X – 912

The disorientation that had began to fade with time returned with his transportation through the rings. Lying on the floor, he tried to push a thought past the pain, but his headache combined with a significant chest pain slowed the process.

Are we safe? The buzzing isn't as loud.

The disorientation started once again to fade. As his vision cleared, he could see Donovan pull his knife from a recently deceased bug.

“We must kill any insects that get down here,” Medraut explained to Jeremiah, “Not only could they bite us . . . they could breed and even spoil the water supply.”*

His headache still with him, Jeremiah doesn't take the time for an exact translation. "Donovan...We have to kill them all." "Kill them all, then go back for the others"

Jeremiah was glad to be safe, yet they must go back for the rest of the team. With both Donovan and him injured, who would return?

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X – 912

As Stewart helped Durant place Reed gently on the ground, Durant was hit by a moment of inspiration. Or so he hoped. "Screw this getting fried or eaten by alien monster crap! Let's see how these bastards like alien guns!" Durant popped open the case containing the two Zats they had been issued before leaving. He tossed one to Stewart and held his the way he had been instructed at the range. "Ya handle it just like this." Then to himself he muttered, "Here goes nothing..."

Last edited:

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

P7X – 912

His headache still with him, Jeremiah doesn't take the time for an exact translation. "Donovan...We have to kill them all." "Kill them all, then go back for the others"

Donovan was aiming at any remaining bugs when Grayson translated. "I'm on it, Grayson. Just try to convince your friend that he needs to get Stewart and the Commander here too. I can cover for him."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
In the Government Building
P7X – 912
26.48 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Durant illustrated the use of the Zat’nik’tel to Stewart by aiming through the curtain covering the pair and Lt. Reed and firing a pair of shots into the mass of insects in the room. It was almost impossible to miss them . . . and he didn’t. Dozens of insects fell at each shot.

Stewart took the momentary lull in the insect’s attack to spread the remaining hanging curtain to cover the archway entirely. Stewart then covered with the heavy fur again and fired off a shot with the zat himself. As with Durant’s shots, several dozen insects fell to the ground from the spreading energy of the zat into the swarm.

With the steady stream of insects entering the room cut off, and the Zat fire dealing with large numbers of insects at a single time, Durant felt that pair had a glimmer of hope in holding out against the insects.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Beneath the reception area, Donovan fired off several shots from his rifle, each hitting an individual insect. Medraut waves his hand and beams of force emanated from a device on his hand, slamming a few insects into a nearby wall, killing them.

“I believe that was the last of them,” Medraut explained to Jeremiah, “Let us see if your friends have returned.”

After Jeremiah explained what Medraut had said to Donovan, Jeremiah nodded to Medraut and the trio of rings appeared around them. A light flashed from within the rings covering them, and when it faded, the rings were receded and they were in the reception area again before the statue.

Standing at the doorway, which was now covered by a curtain again, Stewart and Durant were firing white beams of energy that expanded and dropped dozens of insects at a time. The pair were using one of the heavy furs for covering, and Lt. Reed was lying in a bloody heap beneath them. Both noted the appearance of flash of light, the rings, and the arrival of Grayson, Donovan and the large humanoid known as Medraut.

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Grayson, Reed, Stewart

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
44 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Andreev Ilianov said:
"I do not believe we could want for more. Your master has been more than generous and we are quite thankful for his care."

“I understand these have been difficult times for all of you,” Artorius sympathized, “but take the opportunity to relax and refresh yourselves. You will all need to be at your full strength to help your ‘comrades’ on the planet with the danger has passed.”

“The ladies and gentlemen are here to assist you,” Artorius added. “Unfortunately, none of them speak your English, but they are versed in Latin, Greek, Arabic, and Gaelic. I will remain to pass your needs to the attendants if no one here speaks any of these languages.”

When Lorelai looked about the room, there were surprisingly few items of a technological nature. It seemed as though they had stepped backward in time to all appearances. Modern conveniences or higher technology was most likely hidden to maintain the illusion of a roman style bath and spa.

OOC: Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912
44 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Rylee Fallon said:
"I do not think that is the case with all military leaders. But Andreev seems to have the esteem of those in the American military."

“I am quite curious about your military, which does not seem to be the same as the American military,” Myrrdin commented. “However, I do not want you to think I am looking to conquer the world of the Tauri, or know for some other devious purpose, so I will not ask you to tell me of it.”

Myrrdin enjoyed the stories that Rylee had told him, and complimented her ability as a storyteller. He told her that most of the story had some basis in fact. He had retreated from his battle with other ‘chieftains’ for he had made some discoveries . . . some significant discoveries . . . such that it had driven him mad (at least to the other chieftains who recorded the history).

Rylee Fallon said:
"What does that mean?"

“It means that some of the insects have been diverted . . . or slain,” Myrrdin replied. “A hopeful sign for your friends on the surface, though there are several hours yet to go.”

OOC: Rylee Fallon

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads