[Stars Without Number] Hard Light

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Indeed, it does seem as the last few days of the interstellar flight drag on the longest. Then, over the intercom:

"All personnel: Duty stations. Prepare to dock."

For the next several minutes, there's more activity on ship than there'd been in the past two days combined. The Sisyphus maneuvers within the shadow of the nearby world, taking shelter from the hellish radiation of the system's star. Soon, there are the familiar bumps and sounds of the docking mechanisms locking into place.

The intercom speaks again. "Attention: Siegfried Wulf, Mara Shvedova, Jase McMoon, and Cameron Jhal." The names are repeated. "Collect your gear and report to Airlock Three immediately. All other personnel: Maintain duty positions. Repeat: All other personnel maintain duty positions."

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the hold up. My kids started school this week, and I've been retooling my Latin scope and sequence. Busy, busy.

Also: [MENTION=99953]Zerith[/MENTION]?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
At hearing that the ship was preparing dock Cameron looks at to his wrist and the small chronometer and comments with a smile as he stands and prepares to move to his duty station, "Well there we are. Hope to catch up with you all again soon."

Cameron moves off down the corridor to his station As the ships seems to settle into being docked Cameron sets off to his his numerous tasks still yet to complete before he can think of checking out the station. As his name is called the young man's interest is piqued a blonde brow raises as he thinks, I wonder what they want with me?"

The quickly gathers his belongings from crew quarters and makes his way to Airlock Three. He arrives to find the young woman he meet previously already there. With a backpack of his things he nods to her, "Hey there, again."

[sblock=Cameron's Mini-Stats]Cameron Jhal
Expert 1
Initiative: +0 (1d8) Perception +0
Conditions: none
Physical Effect Save: 16 Mental Effect Save: 17 Evasion Save: 12 Tech Save: 11 Luck Save: 14 (1d20, roll higher than save)
AC: 9
Hit Points: 2 of 2
In Hand: nothing
Like a Charm: 1/hour

Cheat Sheet
Inaitive: 1d8 + (dex modifer)
Combat: 1d20 + (target's AC) + (Combat skill) + (Attriute) + (attack bonus) = 20 or higher to hit (-2 to use non-proficent weapon, +1 to use energy weapons)
Skills: 2d6 + skill (if no skill, -1 to skill) to roll over DC 6 to 14[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Jase McMoon reports for duty, fully equipped with arms and armor.

"Hello. Funny seeing you here after we met the other day. I wonder what our assignment'll be."

Zerith

First Post
A exceptionally tall, crooked figure loomed nearer, a perpetual grin amply filled his face, a grin devoid of benevolence. He leered downward through his unkempt, greasy red hair with whore out green eyes.
He ducked through the door leading to the air lock and shimmied through with a great familiarity of movement.
He straightened out and motioned as if to stretch but restrained himself, well aware that there was inadequate room to do so properly “The novelty of this toy ship is gone…” he mumbled to himself as he eyed the ceiling and his grin narrowed.

His brow, previously obscured was wrinkled with growing years and he rubbed his stubble covered chin between his thumb and index finger as his gaze drifted to his two new collages; his grin then tweaked wide yet again as he lowered his hand from his chin and extended it forwards, “Siegfried Wulf” he spoke plainly while his grin grew wider.
[sblock=OoC] Hazah for clicking the wrong button and thus deleting the WIP post/bio >_<
Also, if you think he is creepy now, just wait for the picture :D[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Two medics and the ship's doctor are already in Airlock Three. As the quartet arrives, the airlock portal hisses open.

"No time for small talk," the ship's doctor says. "Stand aside."

Personnel in Geostellar Mining Industries coveralls rush in as soon as the portal is open. Each pair guides a contragrav stretcher. Each stretcher bears a person, all of them horribly injured. Burns and blisters seep through trauma bandages.

One of the medics says, "This way."

The GMI personnel follow the departing medics. The ship's doctor hands an envelope to Cameron.

"You four are staying here," the ship's doctor says. "Pay and documents are in the envelope. We need your berths for the injured, and we're departing immediately. Good luck."

And with that the doctor departs, heading after the medics and injured people.

"Heh. Last hired, first fired, I'm guessing. Well, let's go," says a slightly pudgy, dark-skinned man.

He stands on the other side of the airlock portal in the station's airlock chamber. He's idly twirling a stiletto with the fingers of his left hand. The name tag on his coveralls identify him as "Roy, L." The badge above the nametag identifies him as station security.

Zerith

First Post
Siegfried eased into the wall as the stretchers pass before surging the incident off as they cleared him, his grin unchanged by the change “Yes, and not to sound uncaring but…” Siegfried started with an utterly uncaring tone as he walked to the airlock “…dose the station have need of additional personal?” he continued while ducking through it.

Songdragon

Explorer
Stuck now on the station in some backwater, irradiated system Cameron has a dumfounded look on his face. It takes him a few minutes before he seems to come to accept what has happened and comments, "I'm guessing I really do not want to know what happened to those guys?"

Cameron then looks in the envelop he was given and hands the others their documents and payments. He then folds the envelope in half and stuffs it in his pack.

Seeing the fellow security he looks about the empty corridor and asks, "Soooo... what's there to do hereabouts?"

[sblock=Cameron's Mini-Stats]Cameron Jhal
Expert 1
Initiative: +0 (1d8) Perception +0
Conditions: none
Physical Effect Save: 16 Mental Effect Save: 17 Evasion Save: 12 Tech Save: 11 Luck Save: 14 (1d20, roll higher than save)
AC: 9
Hit Points: 2 of 2
In Hand: nothing
Like a Charm: 1/hour

Cheat Sheet
Inaitive: 1d8 + (dex modifer)
Combat: 1d20 + (target's AC) + (Combat skill) + (Attriute) + (attack bonus) = 20 or higher to hit (-2 to use non-proficent weapon, +1 to use energy weapons)
Skills: 2d6 + skill (if no skill, -1 to skill) to roll over DC 6 to 14[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
Seigfreed glanced back to Cameron, thanked him for the documents before, also, stowing them away and then commenting “by the looks of the four, they worked outside of a ship, and got either stupid or desperate enough to get out of the shadow they were working behind.” He said flatly like he was giving a lecture before his grin grew yet more with a sanguinary thirst “The really scary thing is they were in radiation shielded suits, and they weren’t outside of the shadow for even a minute: So, how fast do you think an airlock can open and close? And how fast do you think four people can scurry through an airlock while in bulky gear and being irradiated?” he chuckled while turning his head back to Roy. Things were getting interesting.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Roy, L." turns and starts walking, assuming that he'll be followed.

"You want work, you'll have to talk to Dutta," he says over his shoulder. "He's in charge. Otherwise, you're just a tourist. The wounded weren't hurt outside the station. Processing accident with the novium. Rare, but when it happens...."

His voice trails off.

"I'm Livingston Roy, by the way," he continues. "Head of security here on station."

Remove ads