• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Starship Troopers] Wheeler's Wildcats HQ

Ranger Rick

First Post
But rember this 'Pokey' is an under achiever. He does what he has to. He does not want to join, but was forced. He almost failed out, but was convinced otherwise. I assume he and Rock would be classmates. Rock would be out trying to win, Pokey would be just kicking back and hanging out at the end of the pack. Pokey met minimum standards, and that was it.

So Rock will still be the Rock.

Karl Green

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
But rember this 'Pokey' is an under achiever. He does what he has to. He does not want to join, but was forced. He almost failed out, but was convinced otherwise. I assume he and Rock would be classmates. Rock would be out trying to win, Pokey would be just kicking back and hanging out at the end of the pack. Pokey met minimum standards, and that was it.

So Rock will still be the Rock.

:D hehe I am just kidding I don't mind that much, I will still play Rock the way I set him up... OH, and your Languages - you get your Native, English (standard I think it is called) and bonus Languages equal to your INT mod. After that you have to spend a Feat to get any more (and I messed up with Rock and gave him one extra)

Gomez

First Post
Thanks Karl for the help and information! :D

Some additional rules that differ from d20 Modern.

Defense Bonus: The characters bonus to their Defense Value. The Character's Dexterity modifier and equipment bonus may also apply.

Hit Points: A 1st level character gets his Constitution score as his starting hit points as a Mobile Infantry Trooper. Civilians only gain half this value or five, whichever is higher. When advancing a level you gain that classes hit points without adding your character's constitution bonus. For a Mobile Infantry Trooper that is 2 hp.

Prestige Bonus: The characters base Reputation bonus. Adds a bonus to getting additional equipment and how well known you are.

Action Points: Mobile Infantry Troopers gain Action Points equal to 1/2 their Charisma Score rounded down. A new Point is gained at every even numbered character Level. Action points stay spent until you gain a level when they are refreshed. Action points can be used to alter a d20 roll used to make an attack, a skill check; an ability check, a level check or saving throw. Use a class feature or feat during your turn for which the expenditure of one action Point is required. Force a successful check when trying to stabilize after being reduced to negative hit points, this act may result in the expenditure of more than one action point. Normally you may only spend one action point in a round.

Dexterity Modifier: Your Dexterity stat modifier also adds to damage with ranged weapons.

Gomez

First Post
Karl Green said:
at 5th level you get Advantage Training that lets you choose two non-class skills to be class skills. I kind of wish there was one of those at 1st level also BUT oh well ;)

I like Karl's suggestion here.

Ok, this is a house rule for the game. The Advantage Training lets you change one Cross Class skill into a Class skill at 1st and 5th level. Let's consider it extra training from Boot Camp.

Gomez

First Post
Ok here are the people who have shown interest in the game.

Karl Green
Ranger Rick
kyloss
Falkus
Cursed Quinn
Micar Sin
Vendetta

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Gomez said:
I like Karl's suggestion here.

Ok, this is a house rule for the game. The Advantage Training lets you change one Cross Class skill into a Class skill at 1st and 5th level. Let's consider it extra training from Boot Camp.

EXCELLENT... that is kind of what I was thinking... it does not matter much to Rock as he is going for Veteran :) but maybe... hmm

Karl Green

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
I guess I am not sure about Athletics, but I am not sure what cross skills there might be.

Well Athletics combines Climb, Jump and Swim AND it is a Class Skill for M.I.'s

The Preview has a list of all the skills... for a cross-class skill I would go for either one you are interested in OR if you are thinking about a PrC

Gomez

First Post
If you don't have the book and need help making a character just give me a basic background and what you are looking to play and we can work on it together.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads