Starships & Spacemen 2e IndieGoGo is live!

Goblinoid Games

First Post
igg_cover_lrg.png

Carry Out Missions in the Final Frontier!

The IndieGoGo project to fund the Starships & Spacemen Second Edition rule book is now live!

Starships & Spacemen was first released back in 1978, only the second science fiction RPG ever to be released.

This second edition of the classic game is compatible with Labyrinth Lord and Mutant Future. The best elements of the first edition have been kept--the classes and subclasses, the excellent starship rules, and the space adventuring rules. Classes, races, and abilities have been made more in line with Labyrinth Lord.

This second edition has elements that let you customize the style of play whether you prefer an "original series" feel, a "next generation" feel, or something in between.

You won't be bogged down by an over-complicated and detailed galaxy. That's one of the difficulties sometimes when trying to play in an established licensed universe. With Starships & Spacemen get just enough information to get going, and plenty of advice for designing your galaxy. Galactic space will be yours to customize.
Much like in Labyrinth Lord, in Starships & Spacemen you design your milieu. This is adventuring in space, not History 101!

Pledging at any level gives you access to the playtest draft and the playtest forums!

Goblinoid Games

First Post
We have 18 days left and we are only $305 from hitting the funding goal for Starships & Spacemen 2e!

So, what’s happening now? I continue to examine feedback on the playtest draft and make changes. The game is very solid, but the feedback has been spectacular and no doubt will be a much better game because of it. There were a couple of rough edges that we can smooth out now. It’s hard to see those kinds of things when you are so close to a project, which is why feedback from new eyes is so valuable. Thank you so much to everyone who has either posted on the S&S forum or sent me an email.

Here is a breakdown of the timeline for this project once it is funded. I’ll be finishing edits and commissioning art through August. We already have a cover illustration, so we have a head start in that department. Mark Allen did the cover back in 2010 when I was first getting ready to do this project, but because of other projects and design delays poor Mark hasn’t been able to share his work for a long time!

I think it is reasonable that we will have all art done in early September, then it’s just a matter of finishing layout and getting print-ready files together. The finished books will be delivered in October, as indicated in the estimated delivery time for the perks of this project. I can say at this stage that it’s a very solid time estimate based on the way things have gone for previous books I’ve published.

More updates to follow!

Best,
Dan

Remove ads