Start saving now

GreyLord

Legend
Will you buy, or not?

Will you play, or not?

Are you in?

I'm in, don't know if I'll get one or two or more sets yet.

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/45390000

PS: Well, duplicate post.

On the otherhand, who here will actually play after buying?

Will you to a pbp here on en?

Irony, I already have this set (well, the original, Not THIS particular set).

I still play OD&D.

Dislike the way the rules are actually organized. I like how AD&D was better organized in my tastes...

I'm still getting this.

JeffB

Legend
I run houseruled LBB now, via S&W and my old PDfs. I learned how to play with these.

I will use them in play as I had to sell my hardcopies several years ago when I was out of work for a extended period. No collectibles for me.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The first version of D&D in my house, even before I discovered AD&D at summer camp in '79, was a set of photocopies of the original three booklets and several of the supplements. (Just missing Blackmoor, as I recall.) I kind of think I have to get this.

It's November, so I've got time to set aside cash for it.

(I still want reprints of the 1E Fiend Folio, Monster Manual II, BD&D reprints and more classic modules, please.)

DnD_Dad

First Post
Ohhhhh droooolllll..... I'd love that, but I'm trying to condense my library not add a big wooden box full of stuff I'd never use. :,(

GreyLord

Legend
I can see that. The first time I read through the 3 booklets I was still kind of trying to make heads or tails out of what I just read. Luckily I had friends and their parents to guide me through, but I must admit the White books were not the most intuitive for me. Greyhawk is where I see the game really took off and everything changed...It had a better layout and better foundations. In my opinion of course.

So much of why I'll buy it is nostalgia, and much simply because my original set is literally falling apart!!! Well, except for Blackmoor which is almost in like new condition. On the otherside of the coin my Greyhawk has been handstapled back together by yours truly.

DMSamuel

New and Old School DM
I'm going to buy it. It is a decent price for what you get, but I will use it, so it seems worth it to me - I understand how someone else might consider it a ripoff.

On ebay, to purchase an original set in halfway decent condition, plus teh 4 supplemenst, you will spend just as much (probably more)...

Crothian

First Post
I'll pick one or two up. As to if we ever play it hard to say. I've been spending so much less on RPGs these past few years that my budget can easily handle this.

Remove ads