D&D 5E Stat-Block-style Character Sheet

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
That's some impressive PowerPoint skills. Figured it was InDesign (which I really need to get better with).
Thanks. I've used InDesign as well, but don't have a copy of it anymore. Even the Acrobat I am using is because I have a week trial for this week, so I wanted to nail this character sheet style down.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am very pleased with the layout and think it is one of my best yet. I've made more thorough styles, so I wanted something a bit more toned down (but the second pages adds plenty of room for anything else a person wants to add for reference etc.).

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Giving XP because you used a character from one of my favorite authors ;)
LOL I'll take it. FWIW this is actually my character for the CoS game one of the other players is running.

My favorite catch-phrases (not from the book or movie), "That's it! We're all going to die!" and "I am Fflewdurr, Fflewdurr the Fflam!" :D

I think the name is incorrect. When I think stat-block I expect something like this (From a defunct PbP game here on Enworld: Link to "full sheet"):

Bella Mulfield; Race: Halfling; Class/Level: Celestial Warlock-1; Background: Criminal (modified); Al: NG;
Speed: 25 ft; Init: +3; AC: 13; HP: 9/9;
Str: 8 (-1); Dex: 16 (+3), Stealth: +5, Thieves' Tools: +5; Con: 12 (+1); Int: 13 (+1), Investigation: +3; Wis: 10 (+0), SAVES: +2, Perception: +2; Cha: 16 (+3), SAVES: +5, Intimidation: +5.
Spells: Attack: +5, DC: 13; Eldritch Blast: +5 1d10 force 120 ft; Daggers: +5 1d4 piercing 20/60 ft; finesse, light, thrown

I think yours is just a compact character sheet.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I think the name is incorrect. When I think stat-block I expect something like this (From a defunct PbP game here on Enworld: Link to "full sheet"):

Bella Mulfield; Race: Halfling; Class/Level: Celestial Warlock-1; Background: Criminal (modified); Al: NG;
Speed: 25 ft; Init: +3; AC: 13; HP: 9/9;
Str: 8 (-1); Dex: 16 (+3), Stealth: +5, Thieves' Tools: +5; Con: 12 (+1); Int: 13 (+1), Investigation: +3; Wis: 10 (+0), SAVES: +2, Perception: +2; Cha: 16 (+3), SAVES: +5, Intimidation: +5.
Spells: Attack: +5, DC: 13; Eldritch Blast: +5 1d10 force 120 ft; Daggers: +5 1d4 piercing 20/60 ft; finesse, light, thrown

I think yours is just a compact character sheet.

Well, it is based on the idea of the "stat block" used for monsters and such, so I think the title is appropriate (but of course you can always disagree as you have, no harm there!). I was going to have a section labeled "Actions", etc., but it wasn't appealing and not dynamic enough.

My goal was to make something that was compact (you are right there) and showed everything at-a-glance.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It's not like you can't call it a stat-block. The words just evoke a different flavor and seem the opposite of a fillable form.
I get your point. Like I said, I tried making it more like an actual stat block, but it became way too cumbersome and defeated the purpose. This is the closest I've come to my goal of a "stat block" character sheet. :)

Remove ads