Stat this, Challenge 1

Liquide

DEX: 4
Well I have not yet had time to scan anything new but here is the first challenge.

beast.jpg

It measures around 30 feet from nose to tail, it has large muscular front legs. It back legs seem capable of both speed and tremendous strength. It jaws are large and filled with dozens of 6 inch long and razor-sharp teeth, it's feets end in huge 1 foot long claws.

So now it is up to you to give it stats, you dare to meet this challenge ;)!

What do you win?
Well glory and the satisfaction of entering the contest, and aswell you'll see if youlook at this creature in the same way as all other lads are.

Suggestions:
You need not to follow these but I feel this to either an Beast or an Outsider of at least 14HD.

Happy creating!

KDLadage

Explorer
Thesal G'vard

THESAL G'VARD
Huge (long) Magical Beast
========================================
Hit Dice : 12d10+60 (126)
Initiative : +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed : 40 ft. (see below)
Armor Class : 16 (-2 Size, +1 Dex, +7 Natural)
Attacks : 2 Claws +18 melee, Bite +16 melee, Tail +16 melee
Damage : Claws 2d8+8, Bite 4d6+4, Tail 1d8+4
Face/Reach : 10 ft. by 20 ft. / 10 ft.
Special Attacks : Frightful Presence, Improved Grab
Special Qualities : Damage Reduction 10/+1, Dark vision (60 ft.), Low Light Vision, Sprint
Saves : Fort +13, Ref +9, Will +5
Abilities : Str 26, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 5, Wis 12, Cha 11
Skills : Animal Empathy +4, Climb +10, Jump +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +5
Feats : Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Multi-Attack
----------------------------------------
Climate/Terrain : Any land (Cold)
Organization : Solitary, Pair (2), Team (2-5), Pride (5-20)
Challenge Rating : 12
Treasure : None
Alignment : Usually neutral
Advancement : 13-15 HD (Huge), 16-24 HD (Gargantuan), 25-36 HD (Colossal)
DESCRIPTION: {BEGIN CLOSED CONTENT} The name breaks down to: Thesal (Ghora: powerful, strong); G'vard (Ghora: enchanted beast, magical creature, of or related to Dragons) -- hense Powerful Enchanted Beast. And that describes the Thesal G'vard perfectly.

These creatures were created by Gho'tal (the lesser) several years after his masterpiece in slavery was completed, the Elgarph. Thesal G'vards range in size from 30 ft. long (head to tip of tail) to well over four times that size. Gho'tal originally created six specimens; today, the Ghoraxian Army boasts between 2900 and 3000 at any given time. The population reached a peak of about 12,000 in the year 1632, however, constant control of the beasts became a problem for the Ghoraxian Army, and so a law was instituted limiting the population to no more than 3000 at any given time. Controls on the population were slowly bread into the beasts including a limited lifespan (G'vards live to be an average of 15 years old, much like a good guard dog) and longer gestation periods (31 months).

Wild Thesal G'vards exists; the Ghoraxian Army has standing orders to destroy any that they see. Once a Thesal G'vard is fully grown (between 18 and 24 months old), they are no longer considered trainable. On no less than six occasions, the Ghoraxian Army has attempted to train G'vards as mounts; so far this has been a fruitless pursuit. {END CLOSED CONTENT}

COMBAT: One of the deadliest foes that one could face is a Pride of Thesal G'vards. They are cunning and quite organized when hunting in a Team or a Pride. They prefer to attack from multiple directions, making their Gaze attack more effective.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Thesal G’vards have a rather frightful appearance that can be very unsettling to foes. With a full round action, the Thesal G’vard can stand upon its hind legs and roar, causing all within 60 ft. to make a Will save (DC 16) or be frightened (see Core Rulebook II, page 84) for 5d6 rounds.

Improved Grab (Ex): If a Thesal G’vard makes a successful melee attack with it’s claws against a foe that is at least one size class smaller than it (Large or smaller), it deals normal damage and may attempt a grapple immediately without suffering an attack of opportunity. A Thesal G’vard’s grapple check is +28. All normal grapple effects apply (see Core Rulebook III, page 9); additionally, the Thesal G’vard’s Bite attack gains a +4 circumstance bonus to all To Hit rolls against the grappled foe.

Damage Reduction (Ex): Thesal G’vards have Damage Reduction 10/+1. In addition to +1 weapons, this Damage Reduction is ignored by Acid-based attacks.

Dark Vision (Ex): Thesal G’vards have Dark Vision to a range of 60 ft. Beyond 60 ft., they still have Low Light Vision.

Low Light Vision (Ex): Thesal G’vards have Low Light Vision.

Sprint (Ex): Once every thirty minutes, a Thesal G’vard can take a charge action to move ten times its normal speed (400 ft.)

d20.gif

(All material in this post is copyright 2002, Jagged Edge Games, all rights reserved. All material not designated as CLOSED CONTENT is designated OPEN CONTENT under the conditions of the Open Gaming License and the d20 System Trademark License.)

Last edited:

Liquide

COOL!

Well many things are more or less as I pictured my creature to become.

Damn cool statting there KDLadage.

So anyone wanna try and make another creation (I do not say better since a creature cannot be "better" then another)!

I just eager to see more cool and frightening creations!

--/ Liquide

Liquide

Gish Makai said:
Q: why a magical beast when everything you have listed is (Ex). Seems to be just a beast to me.

For the feats I suppose since Beasts cannot gain feats, but that is just my thoughts.

Well try for yourself and create something cool out of it mate! ;)

--//Greets Liquide

KDLadage

Explorer
Q: why a magical beast when everything you have listed is (Ex). Seems to be just a beast to me.

It is a Magical Beast, not because of what it can do, but because of how it came to be. I have been, in my work with Umbragia, classifying anything that was "magically engineered" as a "Magical beast."

Plus, according to the DRAGON MAGAZINE article: HOW TO CREATE A MONSTER, "Magical Beasts are similar to beasts, but have supernatural or extraordinary abilities" -- so, technically, anytime you have either, you shift into the realm of Magical Beast.

Admitedly, the line between Beast and Magical Beast can be a fuzzy one; based upon thier own description, an Owlbear (a beast) should be a Magical Beast. I think a lot of it simply resides in the nature of the creature itself.

The Thesal G'vard has feats, extraordinary abilities and so on -- Magical Beast. A straight beast version of this guy would loose the feats, probably the frightful presence and drop one or two Challenge Ratings.

Last edited:

Carnifex

First Post
Re: Thesal G'vard

KDLadage said:

Damage Reduction (Ex): Thesal G’vards have Damage Reduction 10/+1. In addition to +1 weapons, this Damage Reduction is ignored by Acid and Electricity-based attacks.

Um, energy attacks ignore damage reduction anyway...

KDLadage

Explorer
DAMN!

* scribble * scribble * scribble * scribble *
* edit * edit * edit * edit * edit * edit * edit *

:: FLASHY-THINGY=ON ::

I'm sorry... you were saying?

RandyWalker

Explorer
Drommik
Huge (long) Dragon (Air)
Hit Dice : 15d10+60 (130)
Initiative : +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed : 40 ft.
Armor Class : 20 (-2 Size, +1 Dex, +11 Natural)
Attacks : 2 Claws +18 melee, Bite +16 melee, Tail +16 melee
Damage : Claws 2d8+8, Bite 4d6+4, Tail 1d8+4
Face/Reach : 10 ft. by 20 ft. / 10 ft.
Special Attacks : Spells, Breath Weapon, Frightful Presence
Special Qualities : Darkvision (60 ft.), Low Light Vision
Saves : Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +6
Abilities : Str 26, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
Skills : Concentration +20, Jump +12, Listen +16, Spot +9
Feats : Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Alertness
----------------------------------------
Climate/Terrain : Temperate Forest, Hills
Organization : Solitary, Pair (2)
Challenge Rating : 16
Treasure : 2x standard
Alignment : Usually chaotic neutral
Advancement : 15-18 HD (Huge), 18-26 HD (Gargantuan), 26-40 HD (Colossal)
DESCRIPTION: Drommiks are descended from the first dragons. They are fiercely loyal, but are free spirited and wander from place to place. A drommik is covered in tiny, hard bluish green scales that slowly lighten to sky-blue with age. Their eyes are vibrant blue. A drommik only nests to raise a clutch of eggs. Drommiks mate for life.

COMBAT: Drommiks are very aggressive. A drommik will defend its mate even if it costs its own life.

Spells: Drommiks cast divine spells and spells from the Air domain as an 11th level cleric.

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 4 rounds, a drommik can breath forth a gust of wind 20 feet wide and 60 feet long. Save versus DC 22 or take 10d6 points of damage. A successful save results in no damage. Creatures size Small and smaller are blown back 60 feet. Small and smaller creatures are still blown back 30 feet when they save successfully.

Frightful Presence (Su): Drommiks have a rather frightful appearance that can be very unsettling to foes. All within 60 ft. must make a Will save (DC 16) once every 10 rounds or be frightened (see Core Rulebook II, page 84) for 5d6 rounds. If a player succeeds twice in a row, he can no longer be frightened by Drommiks that day.

Darkvision (Ex): Drommiks have Darkvision to a range of 60 ft. Beyond 60 ft., they still have Low Light Vision.

Low Light Vision (Ex): Drommiks have Low Light Vision.

Last edited:

Remove ads