• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat this up # 1

Nookie

Explorer
Cool. anyway. Is it about time for skills and feats?

Should get one feat: I was thinking Improved inish.

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
I think Cha is good for the spores cause they seem very magical in nature. I was kinda figuring they would mostly concentrate on ranged throwing being squishey little shroomlings so i say Weapon focus is more desireable than Finesse.

Cleon

Legend
I think Cha is good for the spores cause they seem very magical in nature.

A 3E Myconid's Spores appear to be Con-based, but they're also (Ex).

Since a Shroomling's are (Su) I'd be OK with using Cha-, but I fancied Con just so it's different from the Quills. It's only the Pesticide spores that require a save DC, and those are pretty poison-like, which is normally a Constitution-based power ('cept when it ain't).

I was kinda figuring they would mostly concentrate on ranged throwing being squishey little shroomlings so i say Weapon focus is more desireable than Finesse.

Little creatures generally get Finesse for free, so we might as well give 'em both.

Besides, I'd already included the Finesse bonus in the Working Draft's Attack line a week ago and no one complained. :cool:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well the elder Shroomling could be called The Gorri Shroomling (gorri being the Basq word for red where as Urdin is the word for blue)

Wouldn't that make the elder's skin red, not it's clothes?

A 3E Myconid's Spores appear to be Con-based, but they're also (Ex).

Since a Shroomling's are (Su) I'd be OK with using Cha-, but I fancied Con just so it's different from the Quills. It's only the Pesticide spores that require a save DC, and those are pretty poison-like, which is normally a Constitution-based power ('cept when it ain't).
You know what, I think I've changed my mind. These are fey, so it would make sense to make all the DCs Cha-based. Plus that boosts the DC a little. :devil:

Little creatures generally get Finesse for free, so we might as well give 'em both.

Besides, I'd already included the Finesse bonus in the Working Draft's Attack line a week ago and no one complained. :cool:

Weapon Finesse (b) and Weapon Focus (shortspear) work for me.

Nookie

Explorer
Wouldn't that make the elder's skin red, not it's clothes?

Maybe the white parts turn gradually red?

Spot, Listen, Hide, and Move Silently seem important. Survival? Knowledge (nature)

Those all seem like reasonable choices.

24 skill points spread evenly.

Spot 6, Listen 6, Hide +21, Move Silently +21, Survival 6? Knowledge (nature) 4

Also i was thinking that sense there is that "new monster" Tab that seems to be broken and in disuse on the creature catalog than we could put these "stat this up" entries in there.

Thoughts?

Remove ads