• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat this up # 1

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, we need to remove "Background" under the gorri and should probably say something like "Gorri shroomlings are the elders of the shroomling race, grown into leadership by the development of special abilities."

Cleon

Legend
Well, we need to remove "Background" under the gorri and should probably say something like "Gorri shroomlings are the elders of the shroomling race, grown into leadership by the development of special abilities."

I'll try to write up a rough draft later.

Cleon

Legend
I'll try to write up a rough draft later.

Let's see...

Gorri are the elders of the shroomling race. They occupy a revered leadership position, with each gorri usually having a circle of up to twenty urdin under its care. Every season, gorri leave their circles and gather together in a secret council ring to discuss conditions in their forest. Should some calamity threaten the safety of the shroomlings, the gorri gather in an "out of season" ring to debate how to deal with it. Gorri are usually wiser and more experienced than urdin, and their innate magical abilities are much stronger.

The areas of red on a gorri's fungus-like "cap" and "boots" grow larger and larger as the gorri ages. These red markings start on the gorri's scalp but eventually appear on its boots. Freshly ripened gorri have a white cap with red spots and all-white legs. Fully mature gorri have red caps with white spots and white boots with red embellishments. The oldest (and often most powerful) gorri have solid red caps and boots.

A gorri shroomling stands 2 to 3 feet tall and weighs about 3 pound.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I see you wanted something more elaborate. ;) That will work, though I don't recall discussing the secret council rings.

Cleon

Legend
I see you wanted something more elaborate. ;)

Elaborate? But that's the simple version. :hmm:

That will work, though I don't recall discussing the secret council rings.

Funny, I don't remember typing the "a secret council" bit. We could modify that sentence. Also, upon reflection the last sentence about them being wiser and stronger doesn't really add much.

How's this modification:

Gorri are the elders of the shroomling race. They occupy a revered leadership position, with each gorri usually having a circle of up to twenty urdin under its care. Every season, gorri leave their homes and gather together in council rings to discuss conditions in their forest. Should some calamity threaten the safety of the shroomlings, the gorri gather in an "out of season" ring to debate how to deal with it.

The areas of red on a gorri's fungus-like "cap" and "boots" grow larger and larger as the gorri ages. These red markings start on the gorri's scalp but eventually appear on its boots. Freshly ripened gorri have a white cap with red spots and all-white legs. Fully mature gorri have red caps with white spots and white boots with red embellishments. The oldest (and often most powerful) gorri have solid red caps and boots.

Remove ads