Stats for Zuggtmoy?

dcollins

Explorer
Has WOTC ever published official 3.x stats for the demonness Zuggtmoy? Deities & Demigods, Book of Vile Darkness, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Dragon magazine, anything?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
AFAIK, they haven't. However, apparently she'll be in Dragon soon. A Google search turned up the following (from the Paizo boards):

Amaril (Subscriber), Tue, Jul 19, 2005, 08:02 AM

Erik, I'm very excited to see that Zuggtmoy is getting a write up next issue. I'm currently running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and would love to drop in a Thrall of Zuggtmoy. Out of curiosity, will there be a bit of expansion and/or explanation of the relationship between EEE/EEG, Tharizdun, and Zuggtmoy in this entry of the Demonomicon? In other words, will some of the holes be filled?
James Jacobs (Managing Editor, Dungeon), Tue, Jul 19, 2005, 11:32 AM

There will indeed be a Thrall of Zuggtmoy in the next Demonomicon, along with some of her classic minions (and a new one). Her relationship with Tharizdun/EEG/Iuz/etc. will be discussed as well. Not sure what holes need filling, but any I find will certainly be filled in with nutrient-rich soil good for growing mushrooms in.

As for the series as a whole, it'll be sticking wtih demons. It's not called the Devilnomicon, after all! ;-) Also, the theory is to focus on the demons that haven't yet had official 3rd edition entries, so the ones that got covered in the Book of Vile Darkness won't have entries any time soon. We've still got Kostchtchie and Baphomet for starters, and there's that neat list on page 35 of the 1st edition Monster Manual II that's ripe for mining. Chances are fairly good that the next 2 will be Kostchtchie and Baphomet, but who knows? I might get distracted by Malcanthet or Ugudenk or Socothbenoth or Obox-ob or something...

dcollins

Explorer
Yeah, I actually turned that up as well, but it seems to make it sound like part of a series on "cults" (followers of famous demons), not actual stats for the demon herself. Unless "Thrall of Zuggtmoy" currently has some technical meaning I'm missing out on.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Heh. The Demonomicon series in Dragon is about demon princes - their respective cults are just one part of the articles. :) Pazuzu and Fraz-Urb'luu were statted as well, so I presume she will be, too.

seans23

First Post
If you can't wait, there's an unofficial version of Zuggtmoy in the 3.5 conversion of T1-4 and in the creature catalog.

Remove ads