Step-by-step instructions for deleting a D&D Beyond account, from the perspective of a (former) user of the "Free" version

Yaarel

He Mage
DnDBeyond made it weirdly difficult to cancel an account.

Meanwhile, Hasbro-WotC force playtesters to get a DnDBeyond account.

Seems to me, Hasbro-WotC really wants as many people as possible to have a DnDBeyond account − and really cares if people make the exceptional effort to cancel it.

Scribe

Legend

Seems to me, Hasbro-WotC really wants as many people as possible to have a DnDBeyond account − and really cares if people make the exceptional effort to cancel it.

Many many organizations will report on 'total users'. Not 'active users' or 'subscribed users'. Never forget folks, as my former statistician manager told me (former Government employee).

"3 kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Every account deleted, absolutely makes an impact on their reporting.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules

I only know a very few people with DDB accounts, one of them tried to cancel today but the site was down. Too many cancellations to process all at once? (I gather the site is back up now)

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I submitted my request on January 5. I got an email tonight that the request had been processed, so it may take a little while. My published homebrew is still up, but it now shows a generic username instead of my now-deleted one.

Remove ads