• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still Taking Requests (Updated: 4/14 - The Destructor)

Thurbane

First Post
justinsluder said:
I know you wanted something in the medium power level but I couldn't help myself once the idea hit me.
It's a great item, but sadly, well beyond what any of my games will include, power wise. We tend to play low-mid level games with both of my groups. :heh:

justinsluder

First Post
Thurbane said:
It's a great item, but sadly, well beyond what any of my games will include, power wise. We tend to play low-mid level games with both of my groups. :heh:

K, sorry about overpowering it for your game. I'll whittle away at it when I'm finished with the current list of requests. Would 1/3-1/2 power of the original be acceptable?

Thurbane

First Post
justinsluder said:
K, sorry about overpowering it for your game. I'll whittle away at it when I'm finished with the current list of requests. Would 1/3-1/2 power of the original be acceptable?
Hey, no apology necessary, but yes, a 1/3 power version would be awesome! :D

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I know you're swamped with requests but I have to ask for this before I forget.

Unicorn Wand: base it off of the powers of the severed unicorn's horn from Legend.
I just saw the movie for the first time in I think 14 years and fell in love with it all over again.

justinsluder

First Post
Reveille said:
I know you're swamped with requests but I have to ask for this before I forget.

Unicorn Wand: base it off of the powers of the severed unicorn's horn from Legend.
I just saw the movie for the first time in I think 14 years and fell in love with it all over again.

Wow, it has been forever since I've seen that movie too. I don't even remember anything about it other than it's a fantasy movie starring Tom Cruise.

I've got your request lined up.

sammy

First Post
The party is 2 lizard like creatures (the monk and the ftr rogue npc), and the cleric is catfolk.
The lizard like are of human blood, so they are essentially humans for all that spell stuff.

The cleric is a class the player and I created together that is a spontaneous caster that gains wizard spells as they advance (1 per level of character advancement).

The cleric can cast fireball and she just got chain lightning.

Sounds powerful, I know, but she lost turning, some armor, weapons, and skills.

She also has 3 domains- Healing, Force, and Glory.

The monk swapped out his flurry of blows for the healing domain. Yes, the monk heals.

And the npc is a 2 weapon fighting machine. oversized 2 weapon fighting and scimitars, along with improved crit- scimitar.

FAVORITE TACTIC- npc charges, monk flanks (giving npc sneak attack), and cleric fires off magic missle, chain missle, etc.

Hope this all helps.

Sammy

justinsluder

First Post
sammy said:
Could you do any or all of the following? I need some undead creatures for a Lich. The campaign is all about undead killing. Please use only core books (players, dm, monster manuals 1 through 4, all complete books, spell compendium). I WISH I HAD LIBRIS MORTIS!

Please also know that my games are 3 characters of 9th level.
(Monk, psuedo-cleric, ftr-rogue)

All can hit magic DR and Ftr-Rogue has a feat to CRIT undead. (house feat)

advanced displacer beast (9hd) add a cool template?

any odd skeletons and zombies.

anything else that may give me a good chuckle.

And if you like, how about the lich him-her self?

PS- no 'invisibility' spells please, my world doesn't have such magics.

I know thats alot, but thanks for whatever you can do.

Sammy

Advanced Displacer Beast Ghoul Rog 4/Warlock 6: CR 10: Large undead (augmented magical beast; HD 19d12; hp 129; Init +5; Spd 40 ft.; AC 22 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +7 natural, +1 deflection) touch 14, flat-footed 17; BAB/Grap +16/+25; Atk Tentacle +20 melee (1d8+5, x2) or eldritch blast +20 ranged touch (4d6, x2, 60 ft. or 250 ft. with eldritch spear); Full Atk 2 Tentacles +20 melee (1d8+5, x2) and 2 Claws +15 melee (1d4+2, x2) and Bite +15 melee (1d8+2, x2) or eldritch blast +20 ranged touch (4d6, x2, 60 ft. or 250 ft. with eldritch spear); S/R 10 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. with tentacles); SA - ghoul fever, invocations, paralysis, sneak attack +2d6; SQ - DR 1/cold iron, darkvision 60 ft., deceive item, detect magic, displacement, evasion, fell empowerment, low-light vision, resistance to ranged attacks, trap finding, trap sense +1, uncanny dodge; AL LE; SV Fort +12, Ref +17, Will +12; Str 20, Dex 20, Con --, Int 7, Wis 16, Cha 16.
Skills: Hide +13, Jump +17, Listen +13, Move Silently +13, Spot +13, Tumble +13, Use Magic Device +9.​
Feats: Ability Focus (baleful utterance), Ability Focus (ghoul fever), Ability Focus (paralysis), Alertness, Dodge, Improved Natural Attack (tentacles), Stealthy.​
Displacement (Su): A light-bending glamer continually surrounds a displacer beast, making it difficult to surmise the creature’s true location. Any melee or ranged attack directed at it has a 50% miss chance unless the attacker can locate the beast by some means other than sight. A true seeing effect allows the user to see the beast’s position.​
Fell Empowerment (Ex): An intelligent undead creature with this ability gains bonus hit points per hit dice equal to their Wisdom bonus or Charisma bonus (whichever is greater), but do not lose hit points if both Wisdom and Charisma have ability penalties. Unholy empowerment also grants the same ability score bonus to the undead’s Fortitude saving throw. This ability stacks with Unholy Toughness.​
Ghoul Fever (Su): Disease—bite, Fortitude DC 26, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex.​
An afflicted living creature who dies of ghoul fever rises as a ghoul at the next midnight. A living creature who becomes a ghoul in this way retains none of the abilities it possessed in life. It is not under the control of any other ghouls, but it hungers for the flesh of the living and behaves like a normal ghoul in all respects. A living creature of 4 Hit Dice or more rises as a ghast, not a ghoul.​
Invocations Known (CL 3rd; 3 least, 1 lesser): least - baleful utterance (Fort DC 17), eldritch spear, spider walk; lesser - flee the scene.​
Paralysis (Ex): Those hit by a ghoul’s bite, claw or tentacle attack must succeed on a DC 26 Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds. Elves have immunity to this paralysis.​
Resistance to Ranged Attacks (Su): A displacer beast has a +2 resistance bonus on saves against any ranged magical attack that specifically targets it (except for ranged touch attacks).​
Skills: A displacer beast has a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks, thanks to its displacement ability.​
Spell-like Ability: At will - detect magic. Caster Level 6th.​
Possessions: chasuble of fell power (lesser), ring of charisma +2 (worn on a tentacle), ring of protection +1 (worn on a tentacle).​
Note: I give all intelligent undead the Fell Empowerment ability.​

Boneclaw Ftr 2: CR 7; Large undead; 12d12+96; hp 180; Init +8; Spd 40 ft.; AC 23 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +4 natural, +5 armor, +1 deflection) touch 14, flat-footed ; BAB/Grap +7/+16; Atk Boneclaw +10 melee (2d6+7*, x2); Full Atk 2 Boneclaws +10 melee (2d6+7*, x2); S/R 10 ft./10 ft.; SA - reaching claws; SQ - +2 turn resistance, DR 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60 ft., fell empowerment, immunity to cold, undead traits, unholy toughness; AL CE; SV Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; Str 21, Dex 18, Con --, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 19.
*2 point Power Attack​
Skills: Hide +13, Intimidate +17, Jump +17, Listen +15, Move Silently +17, Search +15, Spot +15.​
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (claw), Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (claw).​
Fell Empowerment (Ex): An intelligent undead creature with this ability gains bonus hit points per hit dice equal to their Wisdom bonus or Charisma bonus (whichever is greater), but do not lose hit points if both Wisdom and Charisma have ability penalties. Unholy empowerment also grants the same ability score bonus to the undead’s Fortitude saving throw. This ability stacks with Unholy Toughness.​
Reaching Claws (Ex): A boneclaw can make melee attacks with its bone claws, instantly extending them as part of an attack to a distance of up to 20 ft. (thereby allowing the boneclaw to threaten more squares than even its Large size would otherwise indicate).​
Unholy Toughness (Ex): A boneclaw gains bonus hit points equal to its Charisma bonus times its Hit Dice.​
Possessions: +1 chain shirt, amulet of natural armor +1, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1.​

Evolved Wraith, Sor 4: CR 8; Medium undead (incorporeal); HD 9d12+27; hp 91; Init +7; Spd fly 60 ft. (perfect); AC 16 (+3 Dex, +3 deflection) touch 16, flat-footed 13; BAB/Grap +4/--; Atk Incorporeal touch +7 melee (1d4, x2, plus 1d6 Constitution drain); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA - constitution drain, create spawn, spells; SQ - darkvision 60 ft., daylight powerlessness, fast healing 3, incorporeal traits, spell-like ability, spells, undead traits, unnatural aura, +2 turn resistance; AL LE; SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10; Str --, Dex 16, Con --, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 17.
Skills: Diplomacy +6, Hide +11, Intimidate +10, Listen +12, Search +10, Sense Motive +8, Spot +12, Survival +2 (+4 to find/follow tracks).​
Feats: Ability Focus (constitution drain), AlertnessB, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Eschew Materials, Improved InitiativeB.​
Constitution Drain (Su): Living creatures hit by a wraith’s incorporeal touch attack must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or take 1d6 points of Constitution drain. On each such successful attack, the wraith gains 5 temporary hit points.​
Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid slain by a wraith becomes a wraith in 1d4 rounds. Its body remains intact and inanimate, but its spirit is torn free from its corpse and transformed. Spawn are under the command of the wraith that created them and remain enslaved until its death. They do not possess any of the abilities they had in life.​
Daylight Powerlessness (Ex): Wraiths are utterly powerless in natural sunlight (not merely a daylight spell) and flee from it.​
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 4th; DC 13 + spell level)​
2nd (4/day) - death armor
1st (7/day) - comprehend languages, magic missile, nightshield
0 (6/day) - detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation, read magic
Unnatural Aura (Su): Animals, whether wild or domesticated, can sense the unnatural presence of a wraith at a distance of 30 feet. They will not willingly approach nearer than that and panic if forced to do so; they remain panicked as long as they are within that range.​

Nimble Ettin Skeleton: CR 5; Large undead; 10d12+20; hp 85; Init +6; Spd 40 ft., climb 40 ft.; AC 13 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +2 natural) touch 11, flat-footed 11; BAB/Grap +5/+17; Atk Large Morningstar +12 melee (2d6+8, x2) or Claw +12 melee (1d6+8, x2) or Large Javelin +6 ranged (1d8+8, x2, 30 ft.); Full Atk 2 Large Morningstars +12 melee (2d6+8, x2) or 2 Claws +12 melee (1d6+8, x2) or 2 Large Javelins +4 ranged (1d8+8, x2); S/R 10 ft./10 ft.; SQ - DR 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to cold, superior two-weapon fighting, undead traits; AL NE; SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7; Str 27, Dex 14, Con --, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 1.
Skill: Climb +16.​
Feat: Improved Initiative.​
Possessions: 2 Large Morningstars, 8 Large Javelins.​

Tadrak Invanil, male human lich Clr 3/Wiz 3/Mystic Theurge 8: CR 16; Medium undead (augmented humanoid); HD 14d12+84; hp 181; Init +6; Spd 30 ft.; AC 24 (+2 Dex, +5 natural, +7 armor, ) touch 12, flat-footed 22; BAB/Grap +7/+9; Atk damaging touch +9 melee (1d8+5 negative energy, x2, Will DC 20 half) or +9 melee touch (by effect) or +9 ranged touch (by effect); Full Atk ; S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA - fear aura, paralyzing touch, rebuke/command undead 10/day (+5 turn, 2d6+6); SQ - +4 turn resistance, DR 15/bludgeoning and magic, immunities; AL LE; SV Fort +, Ref +, Will +; Str 14, Dex 14, Con --, Int 22, Wis 22, Cha 17.
Skills: Concentration +16, Hide +10, Knowledge (arcana, history, religion) +22, Listen +14, Move Silently +10, Search +14, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +24, Spot +14.​
Feats: Corpsecrafter, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Positive Energy Resistance, Practiced Spellcaster (cleric), Practiced Spellcaster (wizard), Scribe ScrollB.​
Fear Aura (Su): Liches are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a Will save (DC 17) or be affected as though by a fear spell from a sorcerer of the lich’s level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich’s aura for 24 hours.​
Immunities (Ex): Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks.​
Paralyzing Touch (Su): Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 20) or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (see the bestow curse spell description).​
The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Spot check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive.​
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 14th; DC + spell level)​
6th - blade barrier, create undeadD, wind walk
5th - circle of deathD, earth reaver, summon undead x2​
4th - divine power, freedom of movementD, giant vermin, greater blind sight, negative energy aura
3rd - bestow curse x3, hasteD, magic vestment, unholy storm
2nd - darkness x2, desecrateD, hold person x2, infernal wound, shatter
1st - bane, comprehend languages, divine favor, entropic shield, nightshield, protection from evil, shield of faith, true strikeD​
0 - guidance x6​
D: Domain Spell; Domains: Time (gain Improved Initiative), Undeath (gain Extra Turning).​
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 14th; DC + spell level)​
6th - globe of invulnerability, revive undead
5th - death throes, feeblemind, graymantle
4th - blast of flame, dimension door, enervation x2​
3rd - acid breath, arcane sight, displacement, nondetection, sound lance
2nd - baleful transposition, levitate, scorching ray x2, spider climb, web
1st - charm person x2, expeditious retreat, jump, magic missile, shield
0 - amanuensis, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
Spellbook: Tadrak’s spell book has all the spells he has prepared plus the following:​
6th - chain lightning, disintegrate, greater dispel magic
5th - cone of cold, summon undead V, teleport
4th - orb of force, stoneskin, summon undead IV
3rd - fireball, fly, haste, lightning bolt, summon undead III
2nd - Melf’s acid arrow, protection from arrows, summon undead II
1st - identify, mage armor, summon undead I
0 - all PHB​
Languages: Common, plus 3 others.​
Skills: Tadrak has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.​
Possessions: Ironguard Set, +1 twilight mithral shirt, gauntlets of ogre strength, headband of intellect +2, periapt of wisdom +2, wand of fireball (CL 5th, 22 charges), wand of inflict serious wounds (CL 5th, 50 charges), wand of orb of force (CL 7th, 15 charges), Arcane Scrolls (chain lightning x2, disintegrate x5, greater dispel magic x10), Divine Scrolls (create undead x2, flame strike x3, slay living x2).​

Tadrak’s Mount, fast unkillable wyvern zombie: CR 5; Large undead; HD 14d12+45; hp 136; Init +0; Spd 40 ft., fly 90 ft. (poor); AC 22 (-1 size, +11 natural, +2 dodge) touch 11, flat-footed 20; BAB/Grap +7/+18; Atk Slam +13 melee (2d6+10, x2) or Talons +13 melee (2d6+7, x2); S/R 10 ft/5 ft.; SQ - DR 5/slashing, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 5, undead traits; AL NE; SV Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +9; Str 25, Dex 10, Con --, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 1.
Feat: Improved Toughness, Toughness.​

Ironguard Set: This matching set of Bracers, Boots, Belt and Cloak must be worn for the magic to be effective. While all six items are worn, the wearer is continuously protected by the spell ironguard. This set fills the arms, feet, shoulders and waist body slots.
CL 13th; Prerequisites Craft Wondrous Item, ironguard; Market Price 20,000 gp; Cost to Create 10,000 gp, 800 xp.

Here you go. I'm going to post them all to my site later and will post the link here.

Hope these work for you.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads