• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stink in Ship's Towers

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther stops midway, turns and nods. 'Aye Kenn' 'im gonna take a look at the bar' with that he turn again and walks towards the bar to see what is happening there.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan's eyebrows twitch a little as he raises his finger, but he thinks better of what he was about to say, and his hand drops back to his side. Looking out the window, he says to Kenn, " I imagine you're right in that the Angelina is a ship, but it is prob'bly moored further out to sea. Might even be hidden, for all we know. I think we need to get the Eel here, in Sharn, because out there we would be in lousy territory, surrounded by his buddies. "

Knight Otu

First Post
"I..I would ra..rather s.stay somewhere w..where I'm o..out of sight. You saw h..how the o..other hu...humanlings reacted."

The tavern is empty, and the stench does in fact pervade the entire building, and it doesn't show any sign of receeding yet.

ajanders

Explorer
"It's far from my choice, too, but go out and see how the bar's doing. I don't think we can guarantee he'll come back here and I'd feel pretty stupid if we staked out here and he sailed away on the Angelina."

Meanwhile Kenn thinks about how to disguse a flying talking squid. If Umlapoap could float just over the top of a short pole, perhaps he'd be taken for an umbrella...

Knight Otu

First Post
(So, the plan is to wait in ambush for the Eel to return to his room?
Also, to confirm, the Angelina is a ship - Ulmoapop said it himself a few posts above.)

ajanders

Explorer
That appears to be the current plan, tho Kenn is dubious and has raised concerns.
Kenn heard Ulmapoap, but is not sure how reliable the flying talking squid may be as a witness. (Frankly, he's still thinking about going back and double-checking the absinthe to make sure he got the non-toxic stuff. If he'd ever told someone he'd accepted the word of a talking squid witness, it wouldn't be the squid's reliability people questioned.)

Kaodi

Hero
" Well, " Kathan says, " One of us might go look for the Angelina, and two of us might stay here. My gut says he'll be back here for his cargo, but we can be having some of both worlds. "

Kathan goes to check out the scene in the other room, but before he leaves, he adds, " Why don't you go to our rooms for the moment, Ulmapoap, while we try and figure out how to get ya out of here? "

[sblock=OOC]
That isn't a flying talking squid, it's an iconic D&D monster! :D
[/sblock]

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther Qbyer - Dwarf Sorcerer *Spells left today 4 lvl 0; 3 lvl 1

Khuther returns from the bar with the news that the place is deserted 'Lets stay guys we have a better chance together' 'lets take one thing at the time'

ajanders

Explorer
"Khuther's right. We should stick together."

Kenn pauses. "Does anybody know where we could whistle up some extra muscle? A half-dozen longshoremen would make me feel better about boarding the Angelina, and we could probably get away with paying them a gold each in beer."

Kaodi

Hero
Shrugging his shoulders, Kathan replies, " Beats me. I've only visited Sharn a handful of times, and none of 'em brought me to the docks. "

Brushing one hand through his hair, he asks, " So, what's it going to be? We wait here 'til morning, or we go off hunting for the Angelina? I'm for staying here. This is the one place we know he's been and likely to come back. "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads