• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stink in Ship's Towers

Knight Otu

First Post
The creature slowly floats out from under the bed, sporting a hideous wound from the bolt. Now that you can look at it in full, you see that its body is about the shape and size of a barrel lid. On it is a twitching opening, apparently the mouth, flanked by two eyestalks. Several reedy spikes and rubbery tentacles trail from the creature's underside. "W..Well, my fa..family and I were t..travelling through Khyber in s..search of a nice, peaceful p..place to live, and found this tasty salt place. But there were always humanlings coming to take the salt away and destroy our homes, so we scared them away with our spittle. Then we had a bit of piece until this humanling came... dark eyes, short nose, none of those tiny tentacles on the head. He flipped us all over easily, and punched us to knock us out. When I awoke, i found myself in this crate, still upside down and helpless for a few days, hearing that humanling who caught us talk with someone else, and hear my family get taken away to some ship, and then that humanling that shot me arrived, and some time after that, opening my crate, freeing me...."

Kaodi

Hero
" Do you remember any specific details of what you overheard? Names, places, stuff like that? " Kathan asks inquisitively. " I think this human who kidnapped you and your family is someone we are looking for, and we could certainly use your help in finding him. We have, business, to discuss, and perhaps that can include freeing your family. "

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther Qbyer - Dwarf Sorcerer *Spells left today 4 lvl 0; 3 lvl 1

Khuther re enters the room and adjust his cloak 'hey there new friend im glad that you now are free' 'im sorry to hear about your family ... is this a big family we are talking about? or just as a human family, one wife and 2-3 children?' he sits down at the bed 'you sure hungry too, what do you eat my friend?'

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn quietly retrieves his knife and cuts the ends off his scarf.
"Kuther, you might be able to use these as bandages for that crossbow bolt."

The knife disappears back into his coat and he peeks back out the door, ready to give any bartenders, waitstaff, or curious onlookers an enthusiastic signal that everything's allright, they're just cleaning up the mess and will be back in a few minutes.

If, astoundingly, nobody cares, Kenn pulls his head back in, closes the door quietly, and locks it.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Yes, actually... The humanling talked with someone who had a guttural voice and whistled slightly when saying 's' words. The humanling who put me in that crate said something like 'early morning is probably best for moving the crates out to the Angelina, I think I can move two per night, and I'll pick the last one just before we leave.'
We were a family of five. Please, can you find and release them? I...I don't have much to give in return, and my captor took my only possession, a wand that can create a protective field of force. About half-way drained, if I kept correct count. But that's the best I can offer.
"
The creature shakes considerably as its wound is tended. Kenn, looking out in the corridor, sees no one, but cannot fail to notice that the stench also pervades through the corridor. Perhaps it even reached the tavern room?
"Oh, dear, where are my manners?" The creature suddenly hovers up. "I never introduced myself! I.. my name is Ulmoapop."

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther Qbyer - Dwarf Sorcerer *Spells left today 4 lvl 0; 3 lvl 1

Knight Otu said:

We were a family of five. Please, can you find and release them? I...I don't have much to give in return, and my captor took my only possession, a wand that can create a protective field of force. About half-way drained, if I kept correct count. But that's the best I can offer.
"

"Oh, dear, where are my manners?" The creature suddenly hovers up. "I never introduced myself! I.. my name is Ulmoapop."

'Five! all your size my friend? I assure you that we will do our best in helping you' Khuther turns to the door and will start walking toward where the woman indicated outside at the pier 'we have to catch up with the lady, hurry up guys'

ajanders

Explorer
"Kuther?"
Kenn holds up a warning hand.
"Let's get Ulmapoap out first...I don't think we want to leave him here. The bar's awfully quiet, which probably means people went for the watch."
Kenn cautiously peeps out the windows to see if any of them can be escaped through without more climbing.
He can see he's going to need lots of climbing practice in sharn. Cyre was on a riverplain...

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan shakes his head. " We should stay here, until morning, " he says. " I think perhaps that woman really was just an interloper. She probably found out what was going on and what trying to find out what was worth all of that trouble. "

Kathan takes a look around the room, and begins neatening things back up the way they were. " We wait here in ambush until morning. Maybe we can set up in here, hidden in the crates, and when the Eel comes, we spring our trap. "

He begins examing the rest of the room, thinking of ideal hiding places. " Ulmapoap. You could put up in our rooms while we lay in wait, but if you want some payback, you're welcome to be part of our little scheme. If we loosen off the lid of your crate, and you popped out when he tried to move you, that might give us the moment of surprise we need to reveal ourselves and surround him. "

Kathan considers his options a little more, then reveals the rest of his strategy. " Khuther, I think you should be closest to the window, so that if he escapes that way, you can perhaps use your magic again for a parting shot that will put him down. Kenn, maybe you could hide near the door, to block him going that way. I'll be as close as I can to Ulmapoap, or even in that crate if you don't feel comfortable partaking in our plan. I'll be our first to get in there to try and subdue him. "

ajanders

Explorer
"Kuther, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. But before you do it, I'd go out to the common area and take a whiff. When our friend here defends himself, he doesn't mess around -- I'd say the inn is closed for business."
Kenn frowns.
"And if that happens, we'd better catch up with Ulmapaloap's family at the Angelina, which sounds vehiclish to me. We can check the shipping registries for skyships, boats, or lightning rail coaches pretty quickly...but given where we are, I bet it's a ship."

Kenn peers out the window.
Maybe the dame will pop up on the pier....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads