Stink in Ship's Towers

Knight Otu

First Post
Jonath leads you through Clifftop, and you notice that he doesn't lead you to the nearest watch station, but after a few minutes, you do reach your goal, a larger station. You are allowed inside and directly brought into a captain's office. It is easy to see that the captain - a stout, dark-haired dwarf - must be busy. He is sitting at a desk filled with paperwork. "So, lad, who'd you bring?" he asks, looking up. "Only two of 'em? Guess that's to do. Look through a few other places if ya can find more. Here's the fee." he throws a small purse at the courier, who had reddened by embarrasment when called 'lad,' and stuttered as he gave the names you gave him.

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk takes a moment to study the office, and takes measure of the dwarf sitting behind the desk. He then bows ever so slightly, and says, " I am pleased to make your aquaintance, good sir. I believe you will find my skills are up to whatever task you need accomplished. "

Drowned Hero

First Post
'Well meet cousin, I hope the two of us can acomplish this mission and maybe we will deserve a bigger puch next time' he looks at Veyk and at the courrier 'time to go maybe?'

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=ooc, Drowned Hero]I've noticed that you aren't on the approved list yet, and that you appear to have two feats, when you should only have one. Also, it seems you didn't pay the 100 gp for your familiar. When you've done this, please mail bront20 at gmail dot com, so the character can be put on the list as quickly as possible.[/sblock]

"I'll hope so, Master Veyk, Master Khuther. You can call me Kuros. The job should be easy, really. There is a small-time, but notorious smuggler, who goes by the street name 'The Eel,' for being a bit slippery concerning being caught. Hasn't been in Sharn for quite some while, so it was figured he'd left for good. Not so, as it turns out." He makes a small pause.
"He's been seen recently in one of the seedier parts of town. Unfortunately, I can't just take some men off their more important cases, and everyone is busy with important cases these days it seems, to arrest him if I'm not completely sure we will be able to do so. But we sure want to get that guy. That's where you enter the picture. If ya can find the Eel and give us good information that lead to his arrest, you're paid 400 gold. If you save us the hassle of arresting the guy by doing so yourself, and bringing him here ALIVE, you'll get 1200 gold instead. What's your word?"

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk rubs his chin, then replies, " I think I will be doing my best to bring him back alive, then. " He adds, " What more can you tell us of this ' Eel ' character? "

Knight Otu

First Post
"He's a human, tall, thin, dark complexion. He's bald, has dark eyes, and a short nose. He's been seen in Sharn's Welcome, but some info we have points that he's lairing in Ship's Towers to better access ships for smuggling purposes. Any other questions?"

Kaodi

Hero
" Well, yes actually. Can you tell us about any of the Eel's buyers? Does he work alone, or does he bring back up? Do you think we could fool him by posing as buyers? That sort of thing. "

Veyk is beginning to think this could make for an interesting test of his abilities...

Knight Otu

First Post
Kuros strokes his beard in contemplation "Can't tell you much about that, I'm afraid. He might have some friends, or cronies, in Cliffside, but one of his last stunts before he vanished was a bit too spectacular - spectacular failure that is - so he won't have too many friends. As for a buyer, that he seems to be back indicates that he might already have some job, but we don't know with whom. He might be interested in other buyers, or customers for that matter, greedy bastards that his lot are. I think he smuggled pretty much everything apart from Dragonshards into and out of Sharn in the past."

Kaodi

Hero
" Hmmm... How do you feel about heading out now then, Khuther? I think we have enough information to get started on this little bit of law enforcement. "

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuter was fumbling with his ID papers as the conversation was going on 'cliffside you say? if i are ready? yeah sure' he stops and grab his toad that had jumped out of his backpack 'I think the best idea is try to find out what he sells and try to aproach his buddies or something' ' anyways lets go'

Remove ads