Stink in Ship's Towers

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuter nods at the comment of Kathan beeing a changleing and walks behind him as they start moving to the cliff and into the Ship's Towers district.

ajanders

Explorer
"Well, we can wander around looking to find him passively or ask questions to find him. I suspect asking questions is going to be faster."

Kenn takes a moment to blow his nose.

"Let's just see if we can find directions to Sharn's Welcome or the Ship's Tower and look up the atmosphere. Can anybody change five silvers for copper?"

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan is thinking that when they arrive in Ship's Towers, they will begin looking for a suitably seedy drinking establishment in which to begin asking questions. With his natural social intuition and a little luck, hopefully they will turn up some leads in short order. If this Eel has recently reappeared in the city, it may be that people will have been talking about him...

ajanders

Explorer
"Of course they will have. And all gossip will come to our ears, given time. Do you want to lead on the listening, or do you want me to?"

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]
How do we queue you to continue the action, Knight Otu? That is what I was shooting for by not actually saying anything in my last post, but apparently my message wasn't shining through.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn glances patiently at Kathan/Veyk, thinking he might get an answer to his question soon.
"Do you want to lead on the listening, or should I?"

(OOC: Kenn is asking if you want to take the Gather Information check and he assist, or the other way around.)

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan scrutinizes a few passerbys and then turns to Kenn.

" I'll take point on this one, Kenn, " he replies, " I'm not the greatest at asking questions, but when I'm lucky I turn up answers real quick. "

[sblock=Gather Information]
My Social Intuition allows me to take 10 on my Gather Information check, and it only takes me 1d4+1 x10 minutes instead of 1d4+1 hours. So, my check is 13.
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
The group moves through Dura, over balconies, bridges, and down elevators, until they reach Ship's Towers. It is easy to see how this district got its name - it is essentially a boat town. Rafts, houseboats, and other watercraft are connected by a web of piers, planks, and rope bridges. Consequently, most of the traffic are sailors, moving through bars and small shops. The few "real streets" wind along the steep cliff overlooking dagger river.

Kathan scrounges along the piers talking to sailors and other people, with the occasional well-placed remarks from Kenn. Yet, most of the information they can find does not really help them. There are tidbits that the Eel may have branched out to other operations. That yes, he's back in Sharn, but no one has really seen him, and if they had, they'd want a piece of the Eel as well. It takes almost an hour before the group finds a promising lead - an old dwarven beggar. "Heeyaw, yee, thaat suree does sound faammeeliar. Caan't reelly plaace it, mah mem'ry been baad ever since ahf gone broohke." he stammers.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan knows this ploy, and reluctantly reaches into his beltpurse for a galifar, and presses it into the beggars hand. " I hope that helps jog your memory, old man, " he intones, " And for that price your information better be accurate. "

Kathan looks at Kenn, then glances back at the dwarf before returning his gaze to his companion.

[sblock=Sense Motive]
Taking 10 for a total of 16 against whatever the beggar has to say.
[/sblock]

Remove ads