• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - 3.5 D&D - OOC - Recruiting Closed

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I hate that soooo much. They nixed that pre-req in PF.

Unless I can think of any better, it's gonna have to be Point Blank Shot, then Precise Shot at 3rd, THEN Weapon Finesse at 6th. Ugh.

Good thing you said we were moving along pretty quickly.

Also also, Leilani is currently a Half-Elf, but I might yet change that to Human just to get those first two feats out of the way... ah, indecision. ;)

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Edits in RED
[sblock=Leilani Shalandaerl]
[sblock=Class Features] Highlight and bold the entries, as it's easier to read

Spells
: A bard casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the bard spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. Every bard spell has a verbal component (singing, reciting, or music). To learn or cast a spell, a bard must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a bard’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the bard’s Charisma modifier.
A bard begins play knowing four 0-level spells of your choice.
Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third bard level after that (8th, 11th, and so on), a bard can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows.

Bardic Knowledge
: A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to his bard level + his Intelligence modifier to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places. (If the bard has 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (history), he gains a +2 bonus on this check.)
A successful bardic knowledge check will not reveal the powers of a magic item but may give a hint as to its general function. A bard may not take 10 or take 20 on this check; this sort of knowledge is essentially random.

Bardic Music
: Once per day per bard level, a bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). Starting a bardic music effect is a standard action. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using bardic music that doesn’t require concentration, a bard cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), spell trigger (such as wands), or command word. Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use bardic music. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit.

Countersong
(Su): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components). Each round of the countersong, he makes a Perform check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Countersong has no effect against effects that don’t allow saves. The bard may keep up the countersong for 10 rounds.

Fascinate
(Sp): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and able to pay attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability.
To use the ability, a bard makes a Perform check. His check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and listens to the song, taking no other actions, for as long as the bard continues to play and concentrate (up to a maximum of 1 round per bard level). While fascinated, a target takes a -4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat requires the bard to make another Perform check and allows the creature a new saving throw against a DC equal to the new Perform check result.
Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect. Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability.

Inspire Courage
(Su): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the bard sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at 8th, +3 at 14th, and +4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 32 ((6+2)x4=32)
[/sblock][sblock=Equipment] Equipment was 1gp off
Treasure: 32 gp, 8 sp, 10 cp Gems: [/sblock][/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Miranda's Tattoo - The Winged Dragon
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Spellcraft and Concentration (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Constant) - Spells with Fire descriptor convert 1/2 of damage to cold damage
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can use Identify on up to three items instead of one
Fifth Level - Resistance Cold 2 (Increases to Resistance 4 at 8th level)

Tentative 7th and 8th (Subject to change based on character development)
Seventh Level - All Fire Based spells are converted to Cold Based
Eighth Level - Any Enchantment or Illusion Spell you cast is at +1 Caster Level (may exceed character level)

Olek's Tattoo - The Burning Forge

First Level - +1 insight bonus to Perform and Knowledge Religion (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Swift) - 1/day can call upon Moradin's Favor to grant a single melee weapon to become magical for 1 round per character level (+1 to hit/dmg, magical, cannot leave your hand)
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can cast Bear's Endurance on yourself only as caster equal to 1/2 your character level

Seventh Level (Immediate) Can use remaining Faith Points to negate all damage for 1 attack against you
Eighth Level - +1 insight bonus to melee attacks with Warhammer or Greataxe

Silvas' Tattoo - The Hunter's Bow
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Survival and Knowledge Nature (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Swift) - 1/day, can swap places with WILLING creature within 30' with no save
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day can cast True Strike
Fifth Level - Resistance Electricity 2 (Increases to Resistance 4 at 8th level)

Seventh Level (Constant) - Gain +10 movement when in Light, Medium or no armor and not encumbered with a medium load
Eighth Level - +1 insight bonus to all ranged attacks with any bow

Ararion's Tattoo - The Watchful Eye
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Search and Spot (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Constant) - Racial ability to detect secret doors extends to 10' and gain +2 innate bonus to Search check to detect secret doors
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can cast Knock as caster equal to 1/2 your character level
Fifth Level - Resistance Acid 2 (Increases to Resistance 4 at 8th level)
Seventh Level - (Immediate) 1/day, can re-roll one die roll before the results are given
Eighth Level - +1 insight bonus to all attacks that would be considered as sneak attacks, even if target is not subject to sneak attacks

Lune's Tattoo - The Storm Cloud
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Concentration and Knowledge Religion (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Swift) - 1/day can call for Heironeous's Favor for +2 Deflection Bonus to AC for 1 round per character level
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can cast Interfaith Blessing (Complete Champion pg 123) as caster equal to 1/2 your character level
Fifth Level - Resistance Electricity 2 (Increases to Resistance 4 at 8th level)

Seventh Level - (Standard) 1/day, can use remaining Turn Attempts to negate one temporary negative level or 1d6 temporary ability damage to you or an ally
Eighth Level - TBD

Leilani's Tattoo - The Half Mask
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Bluff and Disguise (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Swift) - 1/day, can mimic one familiar voice for 1 minute per character level. DC 10+CHA+1/2 Character Level Sense Motive check to detect as a fake
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can cast Spymasters Coin (Complete Scoundrel pg 104) as a caster equal to 1/2 your character level
Fifth Level - Resistance Fire 2 (Increases to Resistance 4 at 8th level)

Seventh Level - TBD
Eighth Level - TBD

Daelyn's Tattoo - The Hidden Tome
First Level - +1 insight bonus to Concentration and Knowledge Planes (Increases by +1 every odd level until +5 max at 9th level)
Second Level (Swift) - 1/day, Summon Spell can be cast as a Standard Action
Fourth Level (Sp) - 1/day, can cast Whirling Blade

Seventh Level - TBD
Eighth Level - TBD

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Quick Update - We are almost set to start. I need to confirm a few things:

First - Character Sheet updates:
Miranda - Listen should be +1
Lune - Approved
Daelyn - Approved
Silvas - Approved
Ararion - Approved
Olek - Approved
Leilani - Updates not completed from edits

Second - Posting
OOC talk should use the OOC thread
OOC: Like This

So talk in character, use the SAY blocks
Kill them all!

Might be best to also pick a color of TEXT if you want, your choice though.

Third - Posting Frequency
I tend to post at all times of the day, and random days. I am trying to get around 2 posts per character per week. If you don't know if you can post that frequently, please post a pair of actions if needed, just in case.

Fourth - Combat
When in combat, posts should be within 3 days. If 3 days pass without a post for your character, then they will delay. If you want them to be NPC'ed for a time if you will be away, then I will play them to the best of my ability, as you have played them.

Fifth - Tattoos
I have most of the tattoos updated now. I am looking to give them a boost on each level that you don't get a feat for the first 8 levels. After that, we will see how you are holding up.

Sixth - Let's get ready!
Looks like we will be starting this week! I am hoping to have the first game post up possibly Tuesday, as I am not working that day. Possibly in as little as 24 hours from now!

Dragonwriter

First Post
Understood.

Though I will voice my dislike of the OOC, Say and Thought-bubble tags... I find them jarring at best. :erm:
I'm much more fond of sblock for good old OOC. And habit has ingrained the speech color and italicized thoughts...

I'm a little concerned with Miranda's tattoo changing all Fire-based spells to Cold... It's still very focused and very vulnerable to resistance/immunity, given how many attack-oriented spells are Fire.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Understood.

Though I will voice my dislike of the OOC, Say and Thought-bubble tags... I find them jarring at best. :erm:
I'm much more fond of sblock for good old OOC. And habit has ingrained the speech color and italicized thoughts...

I'm a little concerned with Miranda's tattoo changing all Fire-based spells to Cold... It's still very focused and very vulnerable to resistance/immunity, given how many attack-oriented spells are Fire.

Jarring - appropriately termed. Compromise:

As DM, I will use the OOC and SAY formats. As a character, use the normal PbP procedures of the following:

Italicized = Thoughts of character
Quotes = Character Speech
Each character choose a color of text for the above two formats of speaking

As for the tattoo on Miranda, they actually requested that option. Miranda will know her limitation, and it only affects Fire based spells. She can still choose something besides fire and cold if the need arises. Although, with 7 characters, I am sure that you will find a way to deal with any threats that are immune to cold damage.

Remove ads