(OOC) DND 3.5 The Flames of War

doghead

thotd
Apologies, still under the pump at work.

For Eos, idea was learn what he can about the monster [done], then reset the ambush. Based on the expectation that the monsters would send another when first fails to return.

@OneCrappy DM ACK, I hated ghosting PC as a DM. But happy for you to do so if required to move the game along.

thotd

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Same, you will get the feel for the character and just move us forward if there isn't a response in reasonable time.

Don't kill us outright though :D

I'll return back to 4e times: DMs used only at-will powers from PCs that were inactive, simply to move the game along and that the party isn't completely out of resources and damage for level appropriate encounter.

Also, wisdom from PbP: it is OK to have very few, very hard encounters rather than 3 or 4 lesser one in a row because of how PbP works. You can simply narrate over the smaller one or those random things that pop up in the adventures

@TaranTheWanderer the goblin is alive and dragged out of the camp Eos swears it won’t get up for a couple of days but you can tie him up anyways.

@doghead @Neurotic the party is going into the additional room on the right of the map to set up another ambush. Lighted with hooded lantern and torch.
The idea is to pull off the same ambush as before, using the dim light from the torch to overcome the TKnocker's darkvision. If that works. Anyways, nothing complicated!

If the prisoner is going to be out, then we don't need a rope

OneCrappy DM

Explorer
So sounds like extinguish all light wait for any approaching enemy then let the lantern uncovered to blind opponents?

I'm going to go with use torches light to hide in shadows and then hit them with the light from the lantern, if there objections let me know.

Last edited:

So sounds like extinguish all light wait for any approaching enemy then let the lantern uncovered to blind opponents?

I'm going to go with use torches light to hide in shadows and then hit them with the light from the lantern, if there objections let me know.
Yup sounds good. We keep that one torch lit at the mouth of the cave

Eos follows Byron’s lead. Unlike Byron, Eos’ goal is get behind the creatures and prevent any escaping back into the mine. If there is no gap to move through, he will have to make one using hls axe, size and strength.

This might lead to tears, but has to be done.

Apologies for the lack of rolls, numbers etc. Still doing this on my phone when i can. Should have time tomorrow to give more details. But happy for you to run with what is here if you have everything needed to move the game forward.

Hopefully the intent is clear. Ack likely to draw AoO. Hence the tears reference.
Not sure if you are going for a overrun.

Unless you have a rank in tumble, I don’t see a way of getting through. You’d need to partial charge and overrun . If Byron already tripped the goblin, I'm not sure how an overrun works. It's not clear in the rules. Maybe the same rules but the prone person gets -4 on all checks?

Last edited:

OneCrappy DM

Explorer
They are also medium sized creatures, but he can move toward them so it won’t be easy for them to escape. The surprise round is just a standard so I will move you into position for round 1.

Remove ads