• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [OOC]

Kafkonia

First Post
stonegod said:
I'm going to give Ashlyn and Perriwimple a chance to say something before I move things ahead. I'll be on travel Fri--Sun.

I took a few extra days to decompress after my trip, but I'm back now and will post ASAP.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
stonegod... you had said we'd be able to do a bit of character tweaking based on discoveries of useless abilities and mis-purchased equipment and such. Do you want us to do that now while we have the "day" or so in the middle of town before we head off again... or do you want us to wait until we level up and then do our minor revamps?

My items that need tweaking are as follows:

Swap out unused Sacred Vengeance feat for Two-Weapon Defense feat
Return Metamagic Rod (-3000 gp) and upgrade MW silver rapier to +1 (2000 gp) and purchase Wand of Shield of Faith (750 gp)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
Swap out unused Sacred Vengeance feat for Two-Weapon Defense feat
Return Metamagic Rod (-3000 gp) and upgrade MW silver rapier to +1 (2000 gp) and purchase Wand of Shield of Faith (750 gp)
Class features/feats/etc. wait until level-uping.

The items will be fairly easy to swap out w/ the caravan; you can assume you are trading in services so the artificers can get something made for you. So feel free.

stonegod

James Heard said:
Janis absently plucks some small bits of food from her person as she waits for the archivist to settle himself and silently hands it to the children without comment.
Not to squash RP, but as a note, Mateusz would never spit food as he speaks. The man in meticulous in his cleanliness, most would say obsessive.

James Heard

Explorer
She's plucking rations? Cyran power bars, and maybe mints she got on the lightning rails?

Never meant to give the impression that the archivist is spitting food. She's appeasing starving children. Starving children that gawk at newcomers. Who might eventually hear something that they're not supposed to.

I wasn't even thinking about the guy eating, just the natural reaction to hand hungry kids food. Again, Janis is a nice enough person. She's just willing to react in ways that would be decidedly un-good and un-nice if it suits her.

She likes the villagers. She's good to them because she likes that they like her. She'd likely consider it appropriate to murder Mateusz in cold blood, possibly consuming him to prevent accidental resuscitation if she Wild Shaped, if he continues being a jerk to them. Not because "Janis things he's a bad man," but "What a $%. I can get away with doing something about that" would be sufficient. We're all lucky she has stalwart inquisitors as her allies. :)

He's lucky she's in a good mood since Barovia is so charming. ;) Oh, to be the happy neutral. :cool:

stonegod

Fun ensues....

DEFCON You cannot ready an action out of combat, so the best Jarrith could do is either approach with the weapon drawn (more likely to be seen, suspected), or smack Marot down in the surprise round with an unarmed sneak attack. Jarrith can draw at sneak attack with the rapier (at a -4) next round, though Marot will still be flat footed, allowing another non-AoO unarmed attack if desired.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads