Storage solutions for boxed sets?

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I recently came into possession of quite a few minty Al Qaddim boxed sets. Now that the bodies are adequately disposed of, I turn my attention to storing said boxed sets. What are the best ways to preserve them? Standing on edge seems like a bad idea as the contents will just want to spill out. Horizontal is ideal, but I don't want to stack boxes on top of each other and have gravity warp the boxes.

What are solutions you guys use?

As long as the boxes are the same size, stacking them horizontally won't warp them since most of the load will be taken by the vertical box edges.

Biggest deal to preserving them is keeping them out of the sunlight and away from bugs and water. Plastic storage boxes are ideal for that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My box games dating back to the 1970s are either in edge like books or stacked like the boxes they are. Some look great, some terrible...mostly dependent on how much abuse the boxes took when in use, not from storage.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I keep my own collection of 2e boxed sets on a bookshelf, standing vertically beside the gaming hardcovers and softcovers. They're fine. Like others said, the damage on them comes from years and years of handling them, not from storage.

IMG_20170809_161942 - Copy.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
On edge is fine. I have loads of boxed sets on edge, and they've been there for years.

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Vertical storage on a shelf is ideal if you plan on using them often... but if you want to store them I suggest plastic boxes from Office Depot that are called Really Useful Box for example video game/DVD/CD Storage, http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/452306/Really-Useful-Box-Plastic-Storage-Box/, and they do have some that you could stack your books vertically if desired.

I use these ones for, http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/641055/Really-Useful-Boxes-Plastic-Storage-Box/, for my softcover splatbooks at home and for transport to other friends game sessions.

AnimeSniper

Explorer
[MENTION=55006]jimmifett[/MENTION] the inclusion of small desiccant packs via purchase online or salvaged from medicine bottles or other could be include in the boxes to reduce moisture and odors

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases