D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

OOC: Apologies, was really sick last week.

Tranio: The cultist on the sterncastle is no match for the two death beams you send towards him.

Ordrar: Your swing drops the cultist by the door with ease.

Dren: Your barrage of unarmed strikes take down the last remaining enemy. The area is now safe.

Aremus: With the battle over, you can finally concentrate on breaking these chains. You can tell the magic bound to them is potent as it takes all your strength and precision to break them. It isn't a quick process, but with time you accomplish it.

Storm King: Once the deed is done, the mighty prisoner begins to writhe and mumble. You can all tell his disoriented, confused, and angry. The giant's eyes snap open and they are filled with rage. Worst of all, they are locked on the party. He attempts to stand, but doesn't have the strength yet. It is a good thing too, since his movements so far have rocked the entire boat. "Who are you? Who could be so stupid to cross King Hekaton," the Storm Giant bellows.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar gets one of the pirates by the scruff of the neck.

"Not us, Your Majesty, one of these. We're here at your daughter behest. We are on the boat so listen to the story before you decide to capsize us."

Never one for diplomatic intro, Ordrar drops the pirate and checks for life signs on those killed by fists or magic. He when checks those he hammered down.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Without looking around, Tranio calls to the remaining crew on the ship with him: "Can we pull alongside?"

He turns to help.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Your Majesty, my friend the dwarf speaks the truth!" insisted Aremus with a bow, "We are a boarding party, with the intent to rescue you. As you see, I have broken the chains that held you down."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Purple Rocks/Kraken ship
Afternoon
Round 0

“Aye, yer majesty,” Dren agreed with the others. “Yer young daughter mourns yer loss an’ the loss o’ ‘er mother an’ sent us t’ rescue ye,” the monk said. “We found these pirate cultists with ye in chains an’ set ye free. We trust ye are well? Else our cleric an’ paladin c’n be ‘ealin’ ye.”

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement

AC: 17
HP: 75/75 HD: 9/9d8+2
Ki: 2/9/R

Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight

Ordrar: There would be some survivors among the cultists if you wanted to interrogate them.

Storm King:
"Serissa," mumbles the wounded Giant. "I knew she could always be counted on. My head is still spinning, but I will be fine. Have all our foes been defeated or are there others still out there? I am in the mood for battle."

Hekaton_-_Storm_King%27s_Thunder.png

Neurotic

"Here, we can ask some of these." Ordrar shakes couple of survivors.
"And you may find that not all giants will welcome you back. You may have some giants and dragon head bashing before everything settles back."

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: given my intimidate mod, I got an excellent result :)

"Hear that, you salted husks of died out crabs?! The King here is in the mood of battle. You talk or we stage a tournament. You bound to the deck against him free. Sounds familiar? Right? Right!?!? Now answer whatever is asked. Start by telling us who runs this operations. Now!"

With that, he shakes the pirates once more and drops them down in front of the giant.

His comrades all defeated , not the mention of the presence of the no longer chained Storm Giant, is enough to get this canary singing.

"We were hired by a female blue dragon," the kraken cultist blubbered as he was shaken about. "She arranged for the murder of the Giant Queen and kidnapping of the king. She wanted to kill you herself."

The Storm King lets out a furious roar.

"Imyrith! We have crossed paths more than a few times," The Storm King explained to the small heroes gathered. "Her lair is in the desert far to the east. Once my strength is back I will be heading there. You are welcome to join me. It will be a battle suited for the legends, but I can not promise your safety. Imyrith has an army of goblins and has never fought fair."

Remove ads