• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 5

Fistan waited on the cloud until it descended, spending as much time in the library as he could. When it came time he leave he looked somewhat downcast, "So much to learn here." he muttered to himself.

"We should follow the gia...." he started when they left, but the others seemed to be keen to head into town. There was a logic to what they said so Fistan left it. "Let's Head to the inn then, I'll keep Rillix hidden until we've delivered our news.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 30/30 (HD: 5/5d6)
Arcane Ward: 14/14 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball[/SBLOCK]

The Northfurrow trail ends before a magnificent stone gatehouse carved with images of a full-bodied woman cradling cornucopias. The gatehouse is a fortress in its own right. Above its tall, thick wooden doors are arrow slits that seem to peer down suspiciously on all visitors.

There is a bit of a wait as ten guards inspect the contents of several wagons in front of you. Eventually, one of them notices Aremus and waves.

"Welcome back. Are these new recruits," the guard asks. " Shall I fetch the Castellan?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Hey, thanks, Sammael! These folks helped the little town of Nightstone when giants left it in ruins and goblins took the good people. They are fine folk and should be just what the 'Fields need!"

He looked to the others before answering the guard's question, saying quietly, "I don't know if we want speak with the Castellan..." but seeing that the others had some questions about the attacks or the giant's footprints, or other things known only to themselves, (and not wanting to ruffle feathers) he turned to the guard and bowed, "If Lord Tarm finds it convenient, we should like to speak to him."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren stroked his blonde beard as he listened to Aremus and the gate captain converse. Why was the lad wary of the Castellan? He was the rightful authority here, was he not? He would be the one to have the information they sought.

As the guard returned inside the gate to summon the Castellan, Dren moved up next to Aremus. “Wot ain’t ye tellin’ us, boy?” he asked. “Wot’s yer problem with this Lord Tarm?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina casually inspects the stonework on the gatehouse and the wooden doors for any discreet messages that may have been left for any out-of-town visitors of her... ilk.

OOC: Gotta use my thieve's cant somewhere... :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus spoke softly to Dren, "I don't wish to speak ill of authority, but if you recall how I said how excellent a Castellan my father was? Well, Lord Tarm is not so much. He should help us, though. I hope."

Dren is left wondering if it is just Aremus' family pride, or something more than that.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 0

“An’ why ain’t yer daddy castellan anymore?” Dren asked. “Did ‘e pass? If sae, why ain’t ye castellan in ‘is place?”

Dren had no reason to doubt Aremus’ words, but he had no evidence against this Lord Tarm, either.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It is not important what kind of castellan lord Tram is. I don't doubt your oppinion, Aremus, or your pride on your fathers work. We need information and may need support later on. Thus, we work with what's available. Please do not turn him against us."

Ordrar studies the guards. Their discipline and reactions of regular populace can tell him much about the state of the town.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Answering Dren, Aremus said, "Yes, he passed decades ago. There have been three Castellans since he. It is not a hereditary position; it is appointed by the Abbot. Perhaps one day I will follow his path, I do not know."

Then he turns to Ordrar, "I don't think my presence will turn him against us, and I won't do anything to cause it. I only mean to suggest that we should speak to someone more... knowledgeable. But no more on the subject. Let us speak to him. Perhaps he will provide all the information we need!"

Ever the optimist, Aremus will follow whatever servant the Castellan sends when he is ready to receive them.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio is content to let others speak for now. He has faced death this day squarely, and in a new way that he had not expected. Jumping from cloud was worth his time.

As they pass by the guards, he lowers his cloak from off his head and smiles brightly. "Good morning officer," he says when they are eventually allowed past.

"Should I find Miros's family before we meet?" he asks, content to let it happen in its natural course. "The news is unlikely to change over the course of the next few hours," he observes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads