D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar looks over the map and points at the mass of hills between them and Triboar. "I think it would be easier to lose army of giants in these hills than in Westwood. We could go toward Womford and follow the river up into Sumber Hills. Army, or even just large groups could use Dessarin Road or the river itself to quickly move. And by the map, there aren't many people there to spot them by chance alone."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goldenfields/Tavern
Evening
Round 0

Dren folded his arms as he studied the map.”We’ve go’ a bluidy flyin’ castle, loathe as I am t’ gae up in tha’ again,” he commented. “I doot tha’ an army o’ hill giants cuild ‘ide from us in th’air. They ain’t bluidy geniuses.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 35/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 1/6/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 18 Used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio watches as Carolina sits back while the others strategize, and he offers her an apple.

He is not an outdoorsman. His instinct is to adopt Aremus' approach, partly because he wants to experience a riverboat ride and he'll get to speak to other people. But certainly the tactical advantage of looking down on the hill giants from above is not lost on him, and he recognizes that Dren's approach may be safest. But he will not venture an opinion unless asked, but will instead enjoy his apple with Carolina.

Neurotic

Ordrar looks at Dren incredulously "We cannot assume that young giant will expose himself so. He is already target of the assassination attempts. We should check if he can contact Zephyros and anyhow, we need to coordinate somehow between all the towns. Not everyone in the area even knows there is danger." Ordrar adds.

"Traveling on foot is slower, but we may pass unnoticed. Flying castle...they will know we know they're there and may send someone to drop us. As we've seen, the castle isn't the quickest conveyance around."

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
The halfling happily takes the apple, then ponders to Tranio. "I'm not even sure I know really what's going on anymore. I'm just shooin' at things that look like they need shootin' at. I guess that's been good enough so far."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"As my friend Ordrar says. I'm not sure we can expect the Giant Prince to take his castle where we want to go." Aremus agreed, "And I think we may want to speak to people. We can't constantly land a Giant Castle without terrorising the locals, I think."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goldenfields/Tavern
Evening
Round 0

“I s’pose,” Dren allowed. “But then we risk missin’ the giants,” he pointed out. “I dislike the idea of bein’ on the water only slightly less than bein’ in the air, though,” he said with dry humor.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 35/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 1/6/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 18 Used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Ordrar nods "I agree. We would be vulnerable on the water. And we cannot easily run if things get hairy. With feet properly on the ground, or even better, UNDERground, we can scout around."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio smiles at Carolina. "At least the targets are big..." He finishes his own apple, chewing quite close to the core, before tossing it in a bush.

He speaks up to the others, "So we're heading to the hills? Off the main path and towards where we thing there will be giants? Sounds good." Tranio is not an outdoorsman, but he leads the way until someone with greater experience than he takes over.

OOC: Survival (untrained): [roll0]. If with someone working with him, he has advantage, the better of that and [roll1].

Remove ads