D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Landing with a very light thump, Aremus shifted his shield from his back to his arm and marched toward the kraken thugs while drawing his sword and calling to Dren, "I will cover you, my friend. See if you can break those chains!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Purple Rocks/Airship
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren nodded to Aremus. “I’ll dae me best,” he said. “The chains look magic, though, an’ tha’ ain’t me specialty. An’ I cannae shatter anymore unless I rest.”

Dren moved along the giant to the nearest chain, where it was anchored to the ship, studying it. They were chains meant to hold a giant, so he wasn’t sure if he could break them or not.

Investigation: 1D20 = [1] = 1

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement

AC: 17
HP: 75/75 HD: 9/9d8+2
Ki: 2/9/R

Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight

Kraken Thugs: Both charge Aremus with their scimitar drawn. The first attacker show no signs of skills or nerve (rolled 9), but his ally seems more used to battle. (Rolled a 17, if a hit then a meager 3 damage.)

Dren: You're not sure you can break those chains. You're not sure they are even chains. Being around Storm Giants sure is intimidating!

Elsewhere:
Behind you, on the side closest to the giant's feet, you hear commotion behind a closed door. It sounds like a great number of men drawing weapons and sprinting towards your direction.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus blocked the thug's scimitar with his shield, and thrust his rapier, which the first thug side-stepped. Spinning around, he thrust his rapier into the next thug, channeling divine energy through the blade, he made the blow very mighty indeed.

"Come, my friend." called Aremus to Dren in ecouragement, "Are not your fists themselves magical? Surely it is only a matter of the will to do it. (Though I suppose the Giant himself would have the will, but perhaps the magical enchantments of the chains prevents him from trying?) Give it a try, and if you can't break them, then maybe you could waken the Giant and see if he can free himself."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Purple Rocks/Airship
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren glanced at Aremus and then at the chains and shrugged. “Well, it c’n only break me ‘and,” he said. “Sounds like we’re gaein’ t’ hae comp’ny,” he warned Aremus.

Dren focused himself, channeling his ki into his fist. Then, with a loud, focusing cry, he slammed his fist down where the chain met the boat. If he couldn’t break the chain, maybe he could break the wood that anchored the chain.

Unarmed strike: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike

Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: what are the options of lowering oneself without ship acrobatics or magic? Can Ordrar just slide on the rope or climb down off the mast?

Ordrar: You could hold on to a weapon and slide down the anchor chain like Aremus did.

Aremus: Two cultists bursts out of the room with where all the noise is coming from and swing their scimitars at you. one rolls and 8 and the other a 22.

Dren: Two other cultists bursts out of the room with where all the noise is coming from and swing their scimitars at you. One rolls for a 13 and the other an 8.

Cultists: Through the open door, you can see there are plenty more enemies waiting to get a shot at the group. Enemies are red dots and the party are green.

cultists.JPG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Purple Rocks/Airship
Afternoon
Round 1

“Bluidy ‘ells!” Dren cursed as he weaved and ducked the swords of the cultists. Too bad he didn’t have anymore Gongs to produce. He settled for slamming his fists into the cultists.

Action (Extra Attack): Attack Cultists
Survival + Bardic Inspiration: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
1D6+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Survival + Bardic Inspiration: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Bonus Action: Attack Cultists
Survival + Bardic Inspiration: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8

Move:
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike

Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter

Remove ads