Story Hours Index (Authors, add your own):

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Title: The State of the Union.
Author: goonalan.
Number of Threads: 1.

Type: Fantasy, potentially (but only sometimes) humorous.
System: D&D 5e.
Setting: Faerun, The Sword Coast.

Started: 2014, advent of 5th edition.
Average Installment Length:
Medium with Art.
Average Frequency of Installments: Every 2 weeks or so.

Available for Download? No, but perhaps in the future.
Style: DM reportage, with a few quotes from the players here and there, with occasional winks (and broadsides) to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: The Union adventuring party get sucked into the Phandelver Mines quest, and then after a little downtime agree to take a cart of strange rock to the Dessarin Valley to be evaluated, soon after the Princes of the Apocalypse arise (with lots of extra bits including DWARVES!)

Note, I am looking to purchase some art for this story hour- see the attachment in the first post for details.

Thank you.

goonalan

BoldItalic

First Post
Title: The never ending story of .....
Author: Free-for-all. but mostly BoldItalic and rgoodbb. Anyone can join in.
Number of Threads: 1

Type: Humour
System: D&D 5e
Setting: Anything you like, but vaguely classic D&D seems to happen most

Started: 14 Dec 2017
Average Installment Length: No hard & fast rule, decide for yourself.
Average Frequency of Installments: two or three a day if we're lucky

Available for Download? No
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with a fair amount of dialogue and occasional winks to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: What's this story about, anyway? I wish I knew. We make it up as we go along.

This is not an account of a real D&D game, it's a fictional account of a fictional D&D game where the characters apparently know they are playing D&D but go along with it anyway. We really hope that random people will jump in and post 'what happens next'.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Hoard of the Cold Sun

Title: Hoard of the Cold Sun
Author: Gradine

Type: Fantasy Action/Adventure
Setting: Eberron

Started: 13 February 2018
Average Installment Length: Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Bi-Weekly

Style: 3rd Person Narrative Prose (The "Prose" part will develop more strongly as I work on my writing!)

Overview: The Tyranny of Dragons storyline, set in Eberron. The party is dealing with cultists dedicated to rising Masvirik, the Cold Sun, a demonic overlord associated with the lizardfolk of the far-flung peninsula of Q'Barra, but have begun spreading their activity throughout the continent of Khorvaire. But is there an even more sinister plot, simmering below the surface? (Spoilers: Yes. Of course there is. This is Eberron, after all).

Nthal

Lizard folk in disguise
Title: Journal of the Souls of Legend
Author: Nthal
Number of Threads: 1. 292K words as of 5/30/2020

Type: Fantasy Action/Adventure
System: D&D 5E
Setting: Forgotten Realms, with a bit of Sigil

Started: Campaign started Sept 2018.
Status: Story is completed October 9th, 2020. Campaign ended Novermber 2019
Average Installment Length: Medium (5,000-8,000 words).
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly
Total word length - 380,000
Style: 1st person narrative prose, with some exceptions.

Overview: An Aasimar from Sigil finds herself dropped onto the Prime Material plane. Searching for a way home she finds her fate intertwined with a trio of adventurers. Each are looking for something, and as fate would have it they are all related.

Reader Comments:
"This is an enjoyable read and it's been interesting finding things out about the main character as she in turn finds things out about the world around her. Keep up the good work" @Richards

"...I'm really enjoying the story. I'm only at the early stages still (reading it in dribs and drabs at work), but at least that means I've still got plenty to read ... Keep up the good work." @HalfOrc HalfBiscuit

"i am loving the story so far, it is super well written and is full of surprises and twists. it is really great." @Kieth Shadow Cloak

Special:

Last edited:

Title: Al-Qarin: Into the Desert
Author: EternalNewbie

Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 3.5e
Setting: Homebrew

Started: November 2003
Average Frequency of Installments: whatever.

Available for Download? no
Style: 3rd person narrative From Khalid's POV

Overview: The gods are gone and magic is rare. Clerics have no power. Follow Khalid the cowardly conjurer as he fumbles from one catastrophe to the next!

Reader Comment:

Special:There's a world map in there...somewhere

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Title: We D&D
Author: Goonalan
Number of Threads: #1

Type: Fantasy/Humour (maybe).
Setting: Forgotten Realms, the Sword Coast.

Started: Playing 22nd May 2016 & Posting Story Hour 21st November 2018.
Average Installment Length: Medium with a few Pics.
Average Frequency of Instalments: Weekly.

Style: DMs POV with a bit of story thrown in for good measure, with a few in-game pics.

Scenarios played: Lost Mine of Phandelver, Tyranny of Dragons- Hoard of the Dragon Queen & Rise of Tiamat (ongoing).

Overview: Four (later more) players battling hard for survival through the core D&D 5e adventures on and around the Sword Coast. A bit of story mixing third person and first (in a fun way), and with a few laughs along the way. We start with the Lost Mine of Phandelver and then head on in to the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and then on...

Worth a read if you have DMed or played any of the adventures, or are going to DM them- the least you'll get out of it is a way through each scenario, maybe even an insight in to the kind of mischief your players are going to get up to so you can be prepared.

Cheers Goonalan

Last edited:

Brian Scott

THE LAST DAYS OF ATLANTIS
Title: The Last Days of Atlantis
Author: Brian Scott
Number of Threads:1

Type:
Weird Fantasy
System: Modified D&D 5e
Setting: Pangaea
Started: 18 August 2018
Average Installment Length: Short/Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Whenever the mood hits me
Available for Download?No
Style: Varies
Overview: These are flashbacks for my on going The Last Days of Atlantis game.
Reader Comment: (Please limit it to one, and also keep it short!)
Special: The Discord Server I run my games on: Join the Brian Scott's Game Night Discord Server!

Title: UNDER A DARKSUN: ELEMENTS of EVIL
Author: Megamania
Number of Threads: one. May connect with other of my Darksun Storyhours

Type: Fantasy post-apocalyptic with some humor
System: D&D 3.5 conversion of 2nd , 3,0, 3.5 and 4th material
Setting: Darksun

Started: MAY 2019
Average Installment Length: Short to Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: 2-3 times a week

Available for Download? Copy and paste from here if you wish
Style: Varies on my mood. I am by no means a professional writer, Can also change if I get behind and need to catch up

Overview: Travelers with missing history or family members working for a trade house. They are trying to survive while never knowing whom they can trust.

Reader Comment: People rarely comment on my storyhours :(

Special: A collection of images, drawings, figures and props I have used with my Darksun, Eberron and other storyhours- IMAGES FROM THE MEGAMANIA STORYHOUR AND RELATED

Carlo-One

Explorer
Supporter
Title: The Westgate Campaign Chronicles - serial
Author: Carlo-One

Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 3.0, using Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Setting: Forgotten Realms, Dragon Coast

Started: 26 February 2019
Average Frequency of Installments: Daily (when not traveling and away from my weekly session logs)

Available for Download? Original (unrevised) PDFs of Parts I and II
Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: Follows the longest-running weekly Neverwinter Nights campaign (est. February 2004), which revolves around the city of Westgate and the Dragon Coast region, starting in 1372 DR. This is a new serial version of the campaign chronicles, with added content and revisions to the original text. It will continue indefinitely, with the goal of catching up with contemporary campaign events.

Special: Campaign website on Gateway to Adventure - contains PDFs, maps and screenshots.

Autorealm WG map - Campaign 3a.jpg

Ulfgeir

Hero
Title: Dresden2Boston
Author: Ulfgeir
Number of Threads: #1

Type: Urban Fantasy
System: Dresden Files rpg
Setting: Boston

Average Installment Length: Verbose (the whole chronicle is 100 A4-pages)
Average Frequency of Installments: we played bi-weekly, with a long hiatus between 7th and 8th adventure. posted whole chronicle in one go.

Style: 1st person perspective prose in present tense.

Overview: A group of students in a supernatural world. Started at low power-level and grew.

Special: Official wordpress-page we had for the campaign. Some wonkyness in the way it is set up. You get sometimes different pages if you click on the title in the menu, vs if you expand the menu and go to the subpages. (My chronicle is found there under the name Cassandra's Lies).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases