Legend
Title: Raiders of the Overreach
Author: Richards

Number of Threads: 1
Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 3.5
Setting: A homebrew game world, using the defaults from the Player's Handbook

Started: October 2019
Average Installment Length: Varies - somewhat lengthy, as I write up each entire adventure as one post, but the adventures themselves are short
Average Frequency of Installments: We try to play every Wednesday and I try to have each installment up within the next few days
Available for Download? No
Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: The five PCs start out as slaves of the drow in the Underdark city of Overreach, four of them having just recently been taken from the surface. Over the course of the campaign, they'll be sent on various missions by the drow and will eventually have to find a way to escape from the dark elves and find their way back to the surface.

Read more: 3.5 - Raiders of the Overreach

Johnathan

Last edited:

Ulfgeir

Hero
Title: Scion 2e - Short Stories
Author: Ulfgeir
Number of Threads: #1

Type: Urban Fantasy
System: Scion 2e
Setting: Varies

Average Installment Length: Verbose
Average Frequency of Installments: Will be random. The campaign is temporary on hold due to GM burnout. Will write more parts in it if I find something else fun to write about.

Style: 3d person omniscient.

Overview: Various short-stories based on things that happened in-game. Written from the viewpoint of mortals (for the time being at least).

Edit: we played the band of scions that were mentioned...

Last edited:

Title: Tyranny of Dragons
Author: The Green Hermit
Number of Threads: # 1

System: D&D 5.e
Setting: Forbidden Realms

Started: 2020
Average Installment Length: No hard & fast rule, decide for yourself.
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice a Month

Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with occasional winks to the underlying mechanics/Journal/Whatever.

Overview: We are starting with the Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamet campaign, but are planning on taking the fight all the way to the Abyssal Realms in order to defeat her once and for all.

Crys

daydreamer and poet
Title: Skull & Shackles (2E Conversion), solo campaign

Authors: Crys & Owlbrarian

System: Pathfinder 2E
Setting: Golarion, specifically the islands of The Shackles

Started: May 2020
Average Installment Length: Very long story recap posts with some OOC notes from Crys, shorter DM notes from Owlbrarian.
Average Frequency of Installments: As often as possible.

Adventure Path: Skull & Shackles
Overview: Four females who have no history with one another all visited a tavern known as The Formidably Maid one fateful night. Their drink was stronger than anticipated and they all ended up passing out. When they woke they found they'd been press ganged by the crew of a pirate ship known as The Wormwood. The story follows their experiences aboard, as well as their adventures after they attain their independence.

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Title: Erkonin (Campaign 1)
Author: prabe

System: D&D 5E
Setting: Erkonin (starting in Embernook)

Started: 11 July 2020
Average Installment Length: Really Verbose
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly until I catch up with the campaign; bi-weekly thereafter until/unless campaign ends

Style: 1st person plural narrative prose, with occasional references to around the table or mechanics or whatever

Overview: A party of adventurers does adventurer stuff.

Reader Comment: None yet

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Title: Erkonin (Campaign 2)
Author: prabe

Setting: Erkonin (starting in The Knot)

Started: 15 July 2020
Average Installment Length: Really Verbose
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly until I catch up with the campaign; bi-weekly thereafter until/unless campaign ends

Style: 1st person plural narrative prose, with occasional references to around the table or mechanics or whatever

Overview: A party of adventurers does adventurer stuff.

Reader Comment: None yet

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Title: Dreams of Erthe
Author: Richards

System: D&D 3.5
Setting: A homebrew game world, with the pantheon of gods patterned after the PCs/NPCs of my previous "Wing Three" campaign

Started: July 2020
Average Installment Length: Varies - somewhat lengthy, as I write up each entire adventure as one post, but the adventures themselves are short
Average Frequency of Installments: We try to play every other Saturday and I try to have each installment up within the next few days
Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: The five PCs are some of the few people in the world who have total recall of their dreams upon waking - and that makes them the perfect representatives of the Queen of Dreams, who needs people like them to try to combat a disease spreading across the Waking World, where people are getting trapped in their dreams. They'll be trained in dream manipulation while they sleep, and during their waking hours they'll travel the continent to try to help those who have succumbed to the dream-sickness.

Read more: 3.5 - Dreams of Erthe

Johnathan

Nthal

Lizard folk in disguise
Title: The Thorns of Winter
Author: Nthal
Number of Threads: 1. But this is a sequel to Journal of the Souls of Legend

Type: Fantasy Action/Adventure
Setting: Eberron, with a bit of Sigil

Started: Campaign started November 2019.
Average Installment Length: Medium (5,000-8,000 words).
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly
Total word length - 80,000 words
Style: 1st person narrative prose, with some exceptions in 3rd person.

Overview: An Aasimar from Sigil finds herself dropped onto a very different set of planes that she is familiar with. Still searching for a way home she finds her fate intertwined with a party of adventures, all drawn in to a thorny hedge maze of an Overlord's machinations.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Title: Dark Squad
Author: Goonalan
Number of Threads: Just the one.

Type: Fantasy with a bit of humor.
System: D&D 5e.
Setting: Faerun, the Sword Coast.

Started: 5th June 2020.
Average Installment Length: Medium to long, with pictures from the VTT.
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly, we play every Tuesday evening, subject to the inequities of life.

Available for Download? No.
Style: The DM's POV as four ingrate players kick apart my plot, story, monsters, traps, et al.

Overview: This is the lockdown VTT game on Fantasy Grounds with four friends. We started off with the Sunless Citadel (and old 3e scenario from back in the day) and then on to the Forge of Fury (from the same era) and from there... well, the world's my bivalve mollusc (oyster), so I'm going to mess with them, a bit. I'll be dragging scenarios, maps and whatnot from a number of published modules/adventures, and just picking and choosing what I want to use a few weeks ahead of the sessions.

Reader Comment:

Excellent updates. I really like the idea of throwing the party's dead back at them - might have to steal that somewhen.

Stay safe and keep it coming.

Special: We're all very 'special', I myself used to take the 'special' bus to school everyday, go me.

Stay safe and well.

Cheers goonalan.

Nthal

Lizard folk in disguise
Title: Sessions in Roleplaying
Author: Nthal
Number of Threads: 1 -

Type: Fantasy Action/Adventure
Setting: Forgotten Realms.

Started: Campaign started January 2020...ish
Average Installment Length: Medium (4,000-8,000 words).
Average Frequency of Installments: As needed.
Style: 3rd Person narrative prose.

Originally a side story of a character from Journal of the Souls of Legend on her adventures after Myrai left the Misty Forest. Now a collection of random stories created over the last several years.

Last edited:

Remove ads