D&D General Strahd Castle Ravenloft in 3d glory!

EN World member shoak1 created this awesome 3D model of Castle Ravenloft -- "Just about to start my Ravenloft campaign, and here is the castle I built to use. It's a playable surface, room numbers are shown with white tags for reference (1 square=1 inch=5 feet). I had to keep it to half height to preserve building materials, so its only 160' tall sans dungeon levels, 32" tall."

View attachment 76536
View from top

View attachment 76537
entryway

View attachment 76538
chapel, K15

View attachment 76539
main floor, map 3

View attachment 76540
court of the count, 2nd story, map 4

View attachment 76541
Rooms of weeping, 3rd floor, map 5
(maps 6-10 are in towers and playable surfaces/decorated, but I didn't take pics of them

View attachment 76542
Larders of ill omen, dungeon level 1, map 11

View attachment 76543
Bottom floor dungeon/catacombs, map 12​

bjmorga

First Post
Very cool. I'm making a Castle Ravenloft in Minecraft currently. I can guarantee it will not look as amazing as this.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Well now I know who kept buying up all the terraclips and possibly outbidding me on eBay :). I have 3 sets myself and just used them during my session today. Really nice gaming accessory that never really caught on it seems. I see the prison set on there too. I think there's a set still for sale at my local game store, which I'll check to see what type/model it is.

I like it and would enjoy being a player at that table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
... I could have sworn I had replied to this thread...

Anyway, my post should have been:

This is awesome! I once made a lego fort for a game, but this really takes the cake!

shoak1

Banned
Banned
Yeah, it baffles me to re why terraclips didn't sell like hotcakes - certainly much more reuseable than miniature figures and no more expensive than buying a dozen such figures. And now you have a remakeable dungeon level....or small village. A typical ceramic miniature building alone on ebay is usually $50, and its not an infinitely reformable product and its not really a playable surface.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Absolutely amazing stuff.

Which, incidentally, keeps it in line with the realistic sizes of castles. Castle Ravenloft is comically tall with ridiculously high ceilings and walls. It's twice the height of any castle in the real world.

I'm curious, do you have a height to give me?

skinnydwarf

Explorer
Impressive... most impressive. :) I'm sure you will have happy players.

Quick question I didn't in the comments- is this based on the original Castle Ravenloft maps, or is it based on something in Curse of Strahd? I am playing that in Encounters right now, and want to send a link to my group, but not if I'm going to accidentally spoil dungeon layouts. :D

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases