• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Straight Dope on Eberron . . .

Henry

Autoexreginated
Aw, darn it, now you've got my gaming motor running...

That's more info than they've EVER released before on it! Thanks for the scoop!

diaglo

Adventurer
yeah, the Gen Con Indy seminar had less info than this available.

they did have the booklets. which i took a bunch of copies for my gaming group. ;)

but the word on the setting and the powerpoint presentation were very flat.

they kept saying they were afraid to reveal too much. third party publishers might take the idea and run with it before WotC had a chance to release it.

who said the guy on top isn't afraid. ;)

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
With all the fan-talk about low-magic settings it does seem a tad weird that the new setting is "all about magic".

Think about it, when was the last time you heard someone say: "I wish there was more magic in D&D"

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
If I remember correctly, the Warforged are a created race -- as in, Golem-type beings. I may be misremembering.

This release also does two things: It both simultaneously confirms and discounts the "Eberron will be Steampunk" believers. Yes, it is pulp-fiction-based, but part of the prerequisite for pulp is to have a burgeoning level of technology - not "perfect chrome," but more like the world of the 1920's and 1930's.

The setting has all the stage set:

-A Great War just finished, with unsatisfied states all around
-Magic has lead to an improved life standard for most people
-There are still many lost and abanoned places to re-discover, and powerful artifacts and treasure to be had
-There are many opposing forces to fight. "Riedrans? I hate those guys." "The Kalashtari want the Ark of the Cov- err, I mean the Orb of the Seven Moons, for their own nefarious purposes." :)

In all, looks like a fascinating setting. Sam Spade, Doc Savage, and Indiana Jones come to D&D!!!!

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'm still having trouble building up any excitement whatsoever for Eberron. WotC should support the settings they already have, before stretching their resources out too thinly. The only campaign setting I have the time to support or the interest in expanding is Greyhawk. Oh well.

Remove ads