• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strand of Prayer Beads price

shilsen

Adventurer
The price given for the different types of the Strand of Prayer Beads in the DMG (pg.267) doesn't add up if you calculate by the beads included.

The price for each of the beads is as follows: Blessing (600), Healing (9,000), Karma (20,000), Smiting (16,800), Summons (20,000), Wind Walking (46,800). So far so good.

But the given price for the different strands is:
Lesser (has Blessing & Healing) - 9,600
Standard (Healing, Karma, Smiting) - 25,800
Greater (Healing, Karma, Summons, Wind Walking) - 95,800
The prices are the same on the treasure tables (7-28 and 7-29).

But the price for the standard Strand of Prayer Beads seems to have not included the price for the bead of karma (and should be 45,800 instead). Am I correct, or did I suddenly lose all calculating skills?

That being said, do you think 20,000 gp is an appropriate price for the bead of karma? +4 caster level for 10 minutes is a pretty hefty ability, but 20k is a nice chunk of change too.

Stalker0

Legend
shilsen said:
The price given for the different types of the Strand of Prayer Beads in the DMG (pg.267) doesn't add up if you calculate by the beads included.

The price for each of the beads is as follows: Blessing (600), Healing (9,000), Karma (20,000), Smiting (16,800), Summons (20,000), Wind Walking (46,800). So far so good.

But the given price for the different strands is:
Lesser (has Blessing & Healing) - 9,600
Standard (Healing, Karma, Smiting) - 25,800
Greater (Healing, Karma, Summons, Wind Walking) - 95,800
The prices are the same on the treasure tables (7-28 and 7-29).

But the price for the standard Strand of Prayer Beads seems to have not included the price for the bead of karma (and should be 45,800 instead). Am I correct, or did I suddenly lose all calculating skills?

That being said, do you think 20,000 gp is an appropriate price for the bead of karma? +4 caster level for 10 minutes is a pretty hefty ability, but 20k is a nice

chunk of change too.
THat's funny, I noticed that just the other day as well. I figure, go ahead and add all the prices together to get the actual price.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Until the DMG is errata'd, a Strand of Prayer Beads with only a Bead of Karma on it is free.

Supplies are limited! This special offer will not last. Call now and we'll throw in a club, a quarterstaff, and a sling absolutely FREE!

-Hyp.

shilsen

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
Until the DMG is errata'd, a Strand of Prayer Beads with only a Bead of Karma on it is free.

Supplies are limited! This special offer will not last. Call now and we'll throw in a club, a quarterstaff, and a sling absolutely FREE!

-Hyp.

Hits Hypersmurf with a Quaal's Feather Token: Tree

:D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
shilsen said:
Hits Hypersmurf with a Quaal's Feather Token: Tree

Big spender, huh?

Those have gone up in price a whole lot. Should have got in on our introductory offer of 100gp. The special lasted three years, after all!

-Hyp.

Remove ads