Stranded - The Lost Group

Rayex

First Post
Wittgenstein and O-haril notices that this beach is different than the others you've crossed. There is no seeweed, driftwood or rocks nor pebbles. The sand is finer than the others, and feels slightly less compact.

At the same time, you all notice the seagulls falling silent, and many of them are now perching at closeby boulders, watching you.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"The birds.. I'm no expert, but that seems odd. If we startle them, shouldn't they fly away? It's as though they're waiting for something.." Daniel looks around worriedly "We should leave this place."

Rayex

First Post
At the same moment you notice the birds are silent, a beastial scream pierce the air, and three creatures appear between two boulders at the edge of the beach. You quickly identify them as kobolds, or atleast something closely related to kobolds, as these are bright aqua in color.

One of the kobolds hold back while the two others rush foreward.

[Sblock=ooc]
I rolled initiative, to save time: Durvin, Malik, Wittgenstein, O-Haril, Alternative, Daniel

So, initiative order is:

Round 1:
25 - Kobolds
18 - Durvin
17 - O-Haril
15 - Alternative
8 - Wittgenstein
8 - Magician Kobold
7 - Malik
6 - Daniel

Actions:
Kobolds: Moved from J6 -> M9 and I7 -> K11

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Beach Encounter.jpg
    Beach Encounter.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril looked from the strangely-colored kobolds to Wittgenstein and back again and blew a doubtful snorting breath. Shifting his balance just a bit, he prepared his weapons- he had to believe that they could not reason with the little beasts. As soon as the kobolds began to move, he made a quick choice- in an instant, he began to lumber across the sands with a massive club in each hand...

OOC: Move action, then standard action to charge the kobold at J 10- should be in range unless the sand counts as difficult terrain. If it does, then just double move that way... If the charge works, that is a melee basic attack with a Large club; +7 vs. AC (4 STR, 2 proficiency, 1 charge); 1d8+4 damage

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
OOC: I've attached an image of the beach map Rayex posted. Lets get to killing some kobolds. :)

Attachments

• stranded beach start.jpg
    stranded beach start.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 100

Falkus

Explorer
"Hah! Face me! Moradin guide my arm!" Durvin shouted, bounding ahead of the group towards the kobolds, waving his scavenged club.

OOC: Double moving up to the closest kobold, and then using divine challenge to mark it.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: are the kobolds armed? Do they look menacing? These are important details! I'll assume yes to both, that we are clearly "being attacked"; actions will be different otherwise!

IC:
Wittgenstein watches Durvin's charge, aware that the pressures of what has happened on the island are having an impact on everyone.

If Durvin has moved towards the kobold at M9 ("the nearest"), then Wittgenstein will proceed to P 15 (straight along the shore, and lob a rock at the kobold at K 11, marking him (and perhaps hitting and damaging him; you may roll.)

As he moves, Wittgenstein calls out in draconic, "Greetings! we are just passing through. We have been shipwrecked here. Let us pass."

Rayex

First Post
Yes, they are armed, making quite a bit of noice and seems not nice at all.

Just waiting for actions from Alternative, then I'll move this on.

Rayex

First Post
Durvin reacts swifly to the new threat; Waving his club, he bellows a challenge: "Hah! Face me! Moradin guide my arm!"

Charing up the beach, the fiercy minotaur aims his newfound weapon at the kobold. Easily dodging the blow, the kobolds rasping laugh taunts you.

The construct reacts swiftly and its powerfull legs brings it closer to the enemies within a few short seconds!

At the same moment 2 giant crabs emerge from the beach directly south of the party, clacking their claws and emitting strange gurgling sounds. They quickly move up to the kobold, and grabs it in its powerfull claws.

Reacting quicly to the new threats, the kobold tries to wriggle free of the ciant claws, but is unable to get free - for now! Deciding to try another tactic, Wittgenstein stabs at the crab with his spear, finding a crak in the carparace of one if its legs.

Screaming in outrage the kobold holding back waves his staff over his head while bellowing orders. [sblock=draconic]No! Not yet, too early! Take them back to sleep[/sblock] Making a throwing motion, an orb of pure water strikes for Durvin, hitting the dwarf hard in his chest.

[Sblock=Info]
Please include attack rolls and such in your post. I've done the ones needed now, but would prefer if you did it yourself, feels more fair.

pathfinderq1: You only get +1 proficiency bonus with the weapon.

Kobold Stew: I'll assume you will try to escape the grab. If you chose to do something else, I'll edit accordingly. Also, I assume you will try to attack the crab grabbing you. (You can do that when Immobalized, right?)

Durvin: Moved up to K10 and put a Divine Challenge Mark on K2.
O-Haril: Move, then charging to K11 and attacking K2. Attack: 8, a miss.
Alternative: Double run movement to J12
Giant Crabs: C1 attacks Wittgenstein with a 14, a hit. It deals 5 damage and grabs Wittgenstein. C2 also attacks Wittgenstein, but misses with a 9.
Wittgenstein: Escape check: 16 vs fort, a miss. Attack on C1, a 23, a hit, doing 7 damage.
Kobold Magician: Casting Energy Orb on Durvin, 13 vs reflex, a hit, doing 12 lightning damage

Durvin: 17/29, -11 AC
O-Haril: 33/33 -7 AC
Alternative: 24/24 -2 AC
Wittgenstein: 29/34 -5 AC
Malik: 25/25
Daniel: 25/25 -6 AC
K1: Unhurt
K2: Unhurt
Km: Unhurt
C1: 7 damage
C2: Unhurt

Effects in play:
Divine Challenge placed on K2
Alternative is granting Combat Advantage untill the end of its next turn
Wittgenstein is Grabbed by C1 (untill escape), and will take 5 damage at the start of the crabs next turn.

Initiative
Round 1:
7 - Malik
6 - Daniel
Round 2:
25 - Kobolds
18 - Durvin
17 - O-Haril
15 - Alternative
13 - Giant Crabs
8a - Wittgenstein
8b - Magician Kobold