Streets of Seilen OOC Discussion Thread

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Okay, I get that.

But we're still talking about two attacks and two hits.

It probably puts us in the 6th level range. That's a bit high to be collecting surcharge, IMO. I'm willing to believe that very tough people are working for this organization, I just don't get that they're posted at the door of a tavern collecting surcharge! But let's get over it.

The real issue is that you need to help me more in determining the toughness of the targets before I test it!

First there were trolls. I'm going all careful around them because I assume a single troll to be able to wipe out our whole party if he catches us unprepared. It turns out I'm wrong and it's more like a bugbear. Well, I can take a bugbear singlehandedly! That's not nearly the same thing.

Then there is a bouncer collecting surcharge. I'm assuming that he alone can't take me on because if he was skilled enough to tackle me, he wouldn't be stuck collecting fees in a seedy tavern. Turns out I'm wrong and that he's somehow able to hit me twice in the same round!

This got to stop! I can't keep under/over evaluating every single threat we encounter!

I'm not a newbie. My assumptions were all correct... in the usual D&D setting. You designed your own campaign world and that's cool. It's part of the appeal. But it's because of it that my threat assessment are all screwed up. In the future please make certain that we get a better evaluation of the danger level posed by any threats that aren't deliberateley disquised.

I don't think Mal would have made it past puberty if had displayed the same inabilty to evaluate threats his whole life...

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
I'll have to second the call for more descriptive die rolling - but you don't have to show ALL the die rolls, just ones like how much damage we've taken, our to hit rolls, etc. Maybe log it up and post it in this thread instead of the IC one.

Now for a Character Knowledge/Player Ignorance question:

What is generally the recommended action when dealing with fallen adversaries inside the city walls? My personal guess would be to stabilize and bind them for the law to deal with, but if there's some Unspoken Rule I'd be tripping over, I'd like to know it before I put my foot in it...

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Hey, Rhialto. I'm going to have to chime in here and say that I'd like to see more of the numbers behind what's going on for the PCs on attacks, damage, saves, etc. Otherwise, I've got no problems — although, I was wondering, how are you going to handle larger combats?

thanks,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Just a reminder that a catalogue of the people we have encountered is on the first page of this thread. It's been updated to include the half-goblin and Hr'ssa Bloodfang.

Best,
tKL

Rhialto

First Post
Understood. Next time, I'll list the dice rolls. And as for threats...

I'll add OOC posts to give you an idea for where they stand. (Though I can't give you all of them. There's always a few surprises...)

Old Fezziwig

Hi, Sollir. I'm still about and monitoring, but I've since given it up for dead. If Rhialto wants to continue, though, I'm game. :)

Best,
tKL

Remove ads