D&D 5E strong smelling books

nevin

Hero
As far as I can tell, all the 5e products are printed in the USA.

Just picked up my hard copy of Tasha's. Sadly it also has the glue smell, but it's more along the lines of my Theros book. The Baldur's Gate book is still, by far, the worst of the smelly ones.
A lot of the new "environmentally friendly" chemicals are in some ways worse than the old ones. The companies get told by the EPA what is wrong with the old ones and they just come up with something that doesn't have that flaw.

Or you end with things like electrical wiring that is now mostly covered in plant based plastic and the rats and bugs love to eat it. It's environmentally friendly till your house burns down and put's all that carbon in the air.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Man, when I get a book with that smell, I can't read it because spend half the time with my nose buried in it trying to enjoy the buzz. :ROFLMAO:

I've experienced strong smells with every 5e book I've bought when it was a brand new release, and never noticed it with the ones that I have gotten a year or two after release. Presumably if the smell truly bothers you you should give books some time to rest in a warehouse before you buy them.

Remove ads