D&D 5E strong smelling books

pukunui

Legend
Thanks all. I've had the Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus for months now and the smell hasn't lessened any. I'll try leaving it outside in a breeze, blowing a fan on it, and putting it in a container with some baking soda and let you know if any of those things work!

The Wildemount book I only picked up two days ago. It's not quite as strong as the other one but it's still strong enough to give me a headache after a while. If any of the above methods work for the BG book, I'll use that for the Wildemount book too.

Or maybe I'll try one with one book and another with the other book at the same time!

Last edited:

atanakar

Hero
An article : What Causes the Smell of New & Old Books?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
One way to decrease the smell is to take a plastic container with a lid, put a layer of kitty litter in the bottom, open the book and put it in, and then put the lid on (something airtight is best). Leave it that way for a couple of weeks, periodically opening it up and flipping some of the pages. I have used that method successfully before.
Coffee grounds, alternatively, can work.

or just ask for a swap from wotc

[QUOTE = "pukunui, сообщение: 7999378, участник: 54629"]
Всем привет,

Мои копии Врат Балдура: Спуск в Авернус и Руководство проводника по Уайлдмаунту имеют сильный химический запах, когда я их открываю. Сначала я думал, что это чернила, но теперь я думаю, что это может быть из-за клея в креплениях. Она настолько сильна, что я не могу читать ни одну книгу более нескольких минут без головной боли. Ни одна из моих других 5e книг не пахнет так.

Просто любопытно узнать, сталкивался ли кто-то еще с этим, или я один такой?
[/ QUOTE]

It seems to me that it could be the smell of mold. Since the book may be in a damp place.

Remove ads